INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: UPnP Server Broken  (Read 1445 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
UPnP Server Broken
« on: December 13, 2006, 02:04:23 pm »

It appears at though with the latest version of the UPnP Server, it doesn't work at all.  My MP101 will connect and browse the tree structure very quickly but no audio will play.  Upon selecting a song, it just sits there and doesn't play anything.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
Re: UPnP Server Broken
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 02:19:09 pm »

I need more info - I just tried my MP101 and it works fine. Did you change anything? Double check your options.

j

MP101User

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006, 04:47:15 pm »

Don't know if this will help (sorry for hijacking the thread if this is a different problem) but I have a similar issue.

Using MP101 with 1.4.7 firmware and MC 12.0.129

When I browse to an album and play it, I get the first song shown at 00:00 and there it sits for a long time (maybe half an hour or so). Doesn't respond to any key presses on the remote. It then (after the long pause) starts playing fine from the second track of the album. I can skip back to the first track and that is also fine.

This only happens on some albums. I suspect (but haven't checked for sure) that it is albums on a network drive that have this pause. This might be a red herring though.

Most of my files are WMA Lossless and are transcoded to mp3 by MC to play on the MP101.

Hope this helps...

Mark.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2006, 04:52:01 pm »

Can you check to see if it is remote files, or maybe files of a different type that are causing it?

j

MP101User

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2006, 02:15:20 pm »

Had a good go tonight to try and sort which files are causing the problems and...

...everything worked fine. Even the albums that had caused probelms before.

Will let you know if I manage to replicate it, but for now I can't help at all.

Sorry,

Mark.

Stargazer

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2007, 10:33:42 pm »

It appears at though with the latest version of the UPnP Server, it doesn't work at all.  My MP101 will connect and browse the tree structure very quickly but no audio will play.  Upon selecting a song, it just sits there and doesn't play anything.

I seem to be having this same issue, even with build 164.  I have determined that MP3s play fine, but APEs which will require conversion do not.  I have tried several combinations of conversion settings.  Its seems that if the file requires convertion to play on the MP101, it will not. 

Doug

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2007, 03:06:56 pm »

Hi Doug, it's working fine for me. Can you start a new thread and post the contents of the status page when it tries to play an APE file?

Thanks,

j
Pages: [1]   Go Up