INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.157  (Read 8709 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 12.0.157
« on: January 30, 2007, 11:20:10 am »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120157.exe

12.0.157 (01/29/07)

1. Fixed: Large handheld transfers could hang, especially with a fast machine.
2. Fixed: ASIO playback could stall on the last track of a playlist.
3. Fixed: Space now works in the typey typey part of the tag edit control.
4. NEW: Added DVB-T frequency table for Ireland (thanks to Tangodude for providing the info).
5. NEW: New Track Info visualizations.
6. Changed: Removed a handful Track Info visualizations.
7. Fixed: When playing a folder of images from Explorer while audio was playing, the images wouldn't start in slideshow mode. (use spacebar or right-click to toggle slideshow)
8. Fixed: Comboboxes could fail to skin properly in some cases.
9. Fixed: Skinning in the "File > Open" dialog could show disabled buttons in some cases.
10. Fixed: "File Type" could become "Pane Type" in library browser views.
11. Changed: The "Add" button in the view scheme editing dialog doesn't show a menu anymore. (redundant since the add dialog has expression on it)
12. Fixed: Detached display is now "Always on Top" by default. (right-click display and pick "Display Settings..." to change)
13. Fixed: Volume names of DVD discs which weren't in MC's database were showing up as "Unnamed disc".
14. Fixed: When editing dates, an invalid date could show in the list of possible auto-complete choices.
15. Changed: Skin Manager shows an image for "Slim" mini skin.
16. NEW: The "on screen display" (info text at the bottom of playback display) is now a skinnable item instead of always being white on grey.

12.0.156 (01/26/07)

1. Fixed: In rare cases, the MP3 encoder could fail and hang instead of returning an error.
2. Fixed: The "Locate on disk (inside Media Center)" no longer appears when "My Computer" has been disabled in options.
3. NEW: Added a custom dialog for editing a search list item.
4. Changed: Some tuning to how the handheld engine works. (may help deadlock problem, but we still haven't been able to reproduce)
5. Fixed: Hopefully fixed the problem of CD/DVD discs randomly disappearing from MC's view.
6. Changed: (Experimental) DVB-T channel scanning uses GuideDataEvent interface instead of BroadcastEvent interface.
7. NEW: Updated the German translation. (thanks Bytestar)

12.0.155 (01/25/07)

1. Fixed: Certain streaming ram audio would not play.
2. Fixed: ASIO playback would not work properly when a card requested the 24-bit LSB format. (M-Audio Transit USB, etc.)
3. Changed: ASIO playback is less likely to hiccup when applying CPU-intensive DSP effects.
4. Fixed: Playing DVD while another DVD is being played froze MC.
5. Fixed: Using CTRL+P to start playing DVD in Theater View froze MC.
6. Optimized: Reworked how ASIO playback works so that almost no work happens inside the sound card driver's callback -- improves skip-resistance and also allows smaller soundcard buffers.
7. Fixed: Pressing Play on a remote (or doing Ctrl+P) in Theater View could actually fire two play commands, causing some strange behavior.
8. Changed: Updated the "Folder" image in the Noire Theater View skin.
9. Fixed: Search list browser components wouldn't work properly with searches that had "or" in them.
10. NEW: Theater View supports audio, image, and video specific "no thumb" images. (see Noire for an example)
11. Changed: Theater View behaves more nicely when viewing while thumbnails are being built.
12. Optimized: Theater View gets files and images for view items in most views in a background thread.
13. Changed: A few tweaks to the "View Scheme Component" dialog.
14. Changed: For DVB-T TV audio PID will not be mapped if correct audio program is already mapped.
15. NEW: (Experimental) For DVB-T TV we attempt to inform the system of audio preference before submitting tune request.
16. NEW: MyGal now checks if you are about to overwrite a gallery before creating the gallery.

12.0.154 (01/24/07)

1. NEW: Added the ability to acquire images from the clipboard. (useful for taking screenshots or getting images from other programs) (Action Window > Camera)
2. Changed: Increased the JPEG quality for "Normal" when acquiring from the clipboard or scanner.
3. Fixed: Creating a web gallery with images not imported to the main database would not work properly.
4. Changed: Decreased the size of the optional stop button in the Noire skin.
5. Fixed: Webpages with script errors could show a popup dialog. (TV Guide, Yahoo TV, etc.)
6. Changed: Revised the layout of the view scheme component dialog so that it fits nicely on small displays.
7. Fixed: Resetting view schemes in some library views could cause a crash.
8. NEW: When clearing a library, only one dialog is shown instead of two yes / no popups. (dialog includes both questions)
9. Fixed: Toggling the "Advanced" button in the Import Folder dialog could leave the folder combobox in a partially drawn state.
10. Fixed: When editing panes in place, it was possible to have a pane draw with a missing scrollbar.
11. Changed: Initialization of analog TV device is delayed until actual play request, to avoid problems with digital TV devices that have a bogus analog tuner.
12. NEW: A "Wait Longer" checkbox on Scan Channels dialog window for digital TV. Hopefully this will solve the missing channels problem.
13. Fixed: Assorted Web Gallery bugs.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

MusicHawk

Bug editing Keywords field in MC 12.0.157
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 11:32:46 am »

I reported this for 12.0.154, and the problem still exists in 157. If the keyboard is used to select a Keywords tag item (by pressing spacebar), the keyword appears to be selected but it is NOT SAVED.

There are two ways to select a Keyword from the list:

Method 1: Scroll to the desired Keyword, put the pointer on the box, and click to check it. This Keyword selection is retained no matter what happens next -- press Tab, press Enter, or click outside the field or dialog.

Method 2: Scroll to the desired Keyword, press the space bar and the box gets checked. This DOES NOT WORK -- But it appears to work,  so it's a nasty "fake out". I lost a bunch of work until I noticed that the selected value was not being saved. If a Keyword value is selected via keyboard, the box gets checked, but I can't find any way to exit the Keyword field that RETAINS the selection. Whether I press Tab to go to the next field, or Enter, or click somewhere outside the tag dialog, the selected value is discarded -- it does not end up in the database.

Method 1 works reliably, but puts MC back to being keyboard-unfriendly.

This is a serious bug because it causes data loss (unless the user notices what is happening AND discovers the method that works AND uses the workaround faithfully). I hope this can be fixed ASAP and not held for a future weekly build.
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

DarkPenguin

Re: Media Center 12.0.157
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 12:01:28 pm »

Fixed in next build.

Berto

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 01:23:22 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120157.exe

12.0.157 (01/29/07)

16. NEW: The "on screen display" (info text at the bottom of playback display) is now a skinnable item instead of always being white on grey.

How can I make the on screen display skinnable? It's still white on grey.
A day without laughing is a day without living

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 01:39:54 pm »

How can I make the on screen display skinnable? It's still white on grey.

Look here:
C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\Data\Default Skin Items\Standard View\main.xml (OSD section)
C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\Data\Default Skin Items\Standard View\OSD_Background.png

This is shared by all skins.  Skins can also provide their own OSD data that will be used instead of the defaults.

twentworth22

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 04:33:33 pm »

> Fixed: Large handheld transfers could hang, especially with a fast machine.

MC 12.0.157 still crashes for me when trying to transfer my library to a newly initialized 80gb iPod.  My library consists of just mp3s.  I've tried this three times and I get a crash randomly in the middle of the sync process.

Let me know if you'd like me to email my logs somewhere.

Edit: looking at the log, it appears a little suspicious here:
301031: 21052: Reader: CLocalReader::Close: Start
6301031: 21052: Reader: CLocalReader::Close: Closing: D:\My Music\Oasis\(What's the Story) Morning Glory_\01-Hello.mp3
6301031: 21052: Reader: CLocalReader::Close: Finish (0 ms)
6301406: 24216: Handheld: CActionWindowPageHHProgress::UpdateUI: Start
6301406: 24216: Handheld: CHHUploadWorker::GetProgressInformation: Start
6301406: 24216: Handheld: CHHUploadWorker::GetProgressInformation: Progress: 4809.692383 of 8766.000000 units of work finished
6301406: 24216: Handheld: CHHUploadWorker::GetProgressInformation: Finish (0 ms)
6301406: 24216: Handheld: CActionWindowPageHHProgress::UpdateUI: Finish (0 ms)
6302406: 24216: Handheld: CActionWindowPageHHProgress::UpdateUI: Start
6302406: 24216: Handheld: CHHUploadWorker::GetProgressInformation: Start
6302406: 24216: Handheld: CHHUploadWorker::GetProgressInformation: Progress: 4809.692383 of 8766.000000 units of work finished
6302406: 24216: Handheld: CHHUploadWorker::GetProgressInformation: Finish (0 ms)
6302406: 24216: Handheld: CActionWindowPageHHProgress::UpdateUI: Finish (0 ms)

The Oasis album has the title "(What's the Story) Morning Glory?" yet on the file system it was "(What's the Story) Morning Glory_".  I'm going to change the title and try the sync again.

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2007, 04:43:14 pm »

> Fixed: Large handheld transfers could hang, especially with a fast machine.

MC 12.0.157 still crashes for me when trying to transfer my library to a newly initialized 80gb iPod.  My library consists of just mp3s.  I've tried this three times and I get a crash randomly in the middle of the sync process.

Let me know if you'd like me to email my logs somewhere.

Are you getting a crash or is MC hanging?  The problem I was having is MC would freeze (hang) during the sync.  It would become unresponsive and the program had to be manually terminated.  For me this is corrected with 12.0.157.

Also, are you on the latest iPod firmware?

twentworth22

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2007, 04:45:12 pm »

Are you getting a crash or is MC hanging?  The problem I was having is MC would freeze (hang) during the sync.  It would become unresponsive and the program had to be manually terminated.  For me this is corrected with 12.0.157.

Also, are you on the latest iPod firmware?

It's crashing randomly during the sync.  I'm running Vista so perhaps Vista automatically kills an unresponsive application?

Yes, running the latest firmware.

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2007, 05:01:29 pm »

It's crashing randomly during the sync.  I'm running Vista so perhaps Vista automatically kills an unresponsive application?

Yes, running the latest firmware.

But when you say crash, you mean it terminates & closes and gives you that wonderful dialog box that asks if you want to send the information to Microsoft?

The reason I'm trying to understand the details is the wider problem that should be fixed results in MC freezing.  The program is still open, it is just unresponsive.  When you look at task manager, the CPU usage drops to ~0%.

twentworth22

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2007, 05:41:34 pm »

But when you say crash, you mean it terminates & closes and gives you that wonderful dialog box that asks if you want to send the information to Microsoft?

The reason I'm trying to understand the details is the wider problem that should be fixed results in MC freezing.  The program is still open, it is just unresponsive.  When you look at task manager, the CPU usage drops to ~0%.

Yeah, it terminates and closes and asks me to send the information to Microsoft.  I'm trying it again to see if it was perhaps caused by an issue with the filename.  Stay tuned...

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2007, 06:11:41 pm »

Yeah, it terminates and closes and asks me to send the information to Microsoft.  I'm trying it again to see if it was perhaps caused by an issue with the filename.  Stay tuned...

Turn on logging in Help > Logging.

After a crash, restart MC and pick Help > Logging > Email.  Send the log to matt at jriver dot com.

Thanks!

wilfredjg

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2007, 06:47:54 pm »

NEW: New Track Info visualizations I like thanks

twentworth22

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2007, 07:18:18 pm »

Turn on logging in Help > Logging.

After a crash, restart MC and pick Help > Logging > Email.  Send the log to matt at jriver dot com.

Thanks!

I think I'm making process.  It crashed again with another suspicious filename:

9716328: 24008: Reader: CLocalReader::OpenInternal: Opening: D:\My Music\Queensr˙che\Operation_ Mindcrime\01-I Remember Now.mp3
9716344: 24008: Reader: CLocalReader::OpenInternal: Finish (16 ms)
9716344: 24008: Reader: CLocalReader::Close: Start
9716344: 24008: Reader: CLocalReader::Close: Closing: D:\My Music\Queensr˙che\Operation_Mindcrime\01-I Remember Now.mp3
9716344: 24008: Reader: CLocalReader::Close: Finish (0 ms)
9716437: 23596: Handheld: CActionWindowPageHHProgress::UpdateUI: Start
9716437: 23596: Handheld: CHHUploadWorker::GetProgressInformation: Start
9716437: 23596: Handheld: CHHUploadWorker::GetProgressInformation: Progress: 5585.936523 of 8701.000000 units of work finished
9716437: 23596: Handheld: CHHUploadWorker::GetProgressInformation: Finish (0 ms)
9716437: 23596: Handheld: CActionWindowPageHHProgress::UpdateUI: Finish (0 ms)
9717437: 23596: Handheld: CActionWindowPageHHProgress::UpdateUI: Start
9717437: 23596: Handheld: CHHUploadWorker::GetProgressInformation: Start
9717437: 23596: Handheld: CHHUploadWorker::GetProgressInformation: Progress: 5585.936523 of 8701.000000 units of work finished
9717437: 23596: Handheld: CHHUploadWorker::GetProgressInformation: Finish (0 ms)
9717437: 23596: Handheld: CActionWindowPageHHProgress::UpdateUI: Finish (0 ms)

I'll replace The "˙" in Queensr˙che with "y" and see it that fixes it.  This process reminds me of my first job out of college where I did QA for a software company :-)

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2007, 11:37:40 pm »

Under the XP taskbar-> porperties -> customize menu, MC is listed as '<no title>'.
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

rjm

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2007, 03:38:34 am »

Import still reports DVD's have changed when they haven't. I know you tried to fix this in previous release on assumption that problem was caused by large files but it did not work.

georgem29

• Recent member
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2007, 05:17:37 am »

5. NEW: New Track Info visualizations.

I just had a pretty serious crash related to this.  I started playing an album and selected the "Noire Viz" track info visualization.  MC promptly crashed.  I restarted MC and, with that viz still selected, started playing the same album.  My PC rebooted so fast I just saw a flash of the BSOD.  My Application event log shows:

Faulting application media center 12.exe, version 12.0.157.0, faulting module vis studio.dll, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x0001847d.

Any other info I can provide?  I'm really disinclined to try this again.  Could this be one of those .dll not updated issues?  My copy of the .dll in question has no Version property page, but is dated 1/29/2007 4:35 PM.

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2007, 07:14:35 pm »

If I change the display name of a library field, then right click on a column header in a view scheme that already has this field showing (it will show it with the old name), and try to remove that column through the columns menu, it doesn't work.  If I go into customize current view and change it, it does.

Cheers :-)

jkrzok

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2007, 09:50:52 pm »

I will do a search in my library. Within these first search results I'll click on one of the entries in the top panes. Then when I do another search, the entry I clicked on in those first search results remains in my new search results, even if nothing in that first chosen entry matches my new search terms.

Example: Search for 'Beatles' and get 'Beatles' and 'Beatles, The" in the artist pane. Click on 'Beatles, The' in the artist pane. Then seach for 'Rolling Stones' and 'Beatles, The' remains in the artist pane in the new search results. If 'Beatles, The' is then selected no results are returned.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2007, 10:37:07 pm »

I will do a search in my library. Within these first search results I'll click on one of the entries in the top panes. Then when I do another search, the entry I clicked on in those first search results remains in my new search results, even if nothing in that first chosen entry matches my new search terms.

Example: Search for 'Beatles' and get 'Beatles' and 'Beatles, The" in the artist pane. Click on 'Beatles, The' in the artist pane. Then seach for 'Rolling Stones' and 'Beatles, The' remains in the artist pane in the new search results. If 'Beatles, The' is then selected no results are returned.

This by design.  This allows you to select something and then search inside it.

You'll notice the list says "no results -- double-click here to search entire library" when you're searching inside an item.  Do the double-click and it'll reset your pane selection.

jkrzok

• World Citizen
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2007, 10:50:18 pm »

This by design.  This allows you to select something and then search inside it.

You'll notice the list says "no results -- double-click here to search entire library" when you're searching inside an item.  Do the double-click and it'll reset your pane selection.

Light bulb turns on... Ahhhh he says... Thanks!

twentworth22

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2007, 08:26:58 am »

I finally resolved the crashing during the iPod sync.  Removing the two albums I mentioned above did fix the problem, although it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the filenames.  I've narrowed down one of the offending files that causes the sync to crash every time.  Let me know if you'd like me to forward it over.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2007, 08:50:15 am »

I finally resolved the crashing during the iPod sync.  Removing the two albums I mentioned above did fix the problem, although it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the filenames.  I've narrowed down one of the offending files that causes the sync to crash every time.  Let me know if you'd like me to forward it over.

Please email it to matt at jriver dot com.  We'll erase it once we're done debugging.

Thanks a lot.

brooksce

• Recent member
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2007, 12:24:51 pm »

How do I go about upgrading from a MC 11 license to a MC 12 license for the 19.99 price.

Thanks,
CB

Bluey

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2007, 01:59:54 pm »

When I click on Top Hits in the left panel, it lists .jpgs that have been imports as well as audio files, even though it says limit
100 tracks.

So when I do play, the screen goes full screen with the jpgs while playing audio.

D

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2007, 02:14:31 pm »

When I click on Top Hits in the left panel, it lists .jpgs that have been imports as well as audio files, even though it says limit
100 tracks.

So when I do play, the screen goes full screen with the jpgs while playing audio.

D

If you only want audio or images, you can edit the search inside "Top Hits" to filter on media type.  Currently it shows any media you've played. (images, video, audio)

jolo

• World Citizen
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2007, 09:57:59 pm »

The big problem I am having with the latest release of 12 is that when I tried to encode a .wav file and selected .MP3, I got the old Windows messages "Media Center has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience.". So after I told the box NOT to send a message, I got a windows asking me if I want to download the MP3 codec. When I clickes on YES, there it came again
"Media Center has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I guess I need to know how to load my favorite codecs ?? (LAME 3.97) , that is for MP3, I usually use Ogg.

Thanks,

Jon

elpaolo

• World Citizen
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2007, 11:08:24 pm »

Problems: Crashes for no apparent reason, and 2-minute audio initialization when hitting play for the first time after I've started MC.

I've been struggling with these in MC 12 for a while, but decided to hold off til it got through a bunch of (what I thought would be) stable releases, hope it'd just be fixed.

I'll try and figure out what the exact parameters are for the crash...but the slow initialization I just can't explain.  Regardless, I'm hopeful for this version.  Looks and feels really really good, especially in terms of browsing a large library.

The info:

Media Center Registered 12.0.157 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2791 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 356 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive T:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive T: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PX-W4824A   Addr: 3:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

dremo

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2007, 08:05:11 am »

I've having troubles with the Track Info pages and the client computer I am streaming to.  If I use the "Convert Audio If Neccessary" Or "Always Convert" setting for the Library Server Conversion, the Track Info page does not show any of the information. It has the template, but all the fields are blank. If I have the conversion set to "Do Not Convert" the track info page works fine.

Drew

DarkPenguin

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2007, 01:34:06 pm »

The big problem I am having with the latest release of 12 is that when I tried to encode a .wav file and selected .MP3, I got the old Windows messages "Media Center has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience.". So after I told the box NOT to send a message, I got a windows asking me if I want to download the MP3 codec. When I clickes on YES, there it came again
"Media Center has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I guess I need to know how to load my favorite codecs ?? (LAME 3.97) , that is for MP3, I usually use Ogg.

Thanks,

Jon

Hi,

I need more information on this one.  What is happening when this occurs?  Do you have a log?

MusicHawk

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2007, 05:01:14 pm »

Fixed in next build.

I'm still hoping for a quick fix to this DATA LOSING bug, first reported Jan 27. Thanks.
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

odedgil

« Reply #30 on: February 03, 2007, 06:01:09 am »

Hi,
I have installed MC12 in my CarPC and it's GREAT.
When returning from "Hibrenate" the song that was played before hibernation is played agian, but now in somthing like X2 speed (pitch).
when i press stop and they play it returns to the normal speed.
the same happend in some versions of MC11.

thanks again,
Oded

MusicHawk

MC 12.0.157 hangs when tags can't be saved??
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2007, 10:49:56 am »

I was updating the database regarding some miscellaneous files so I could locate and review them later, and selected some .wav files along with .mp3. Of course, tag data can't be saved in Wave files.

When I moved off the files, MC displayed a misleading error: Check that files exist, are not read-only, and are not in use by another program. A correct message would be more like Tag data can't be saved in files of this type.

But the serious problem is, MC hung for many minutes after I read the error message and clicked OK. It never went away on its own, but a few minutes later, after several more tries, it finally responded to another click on OK. I got really close to crash-closing MC before it finally responded.

I assume I'm not the only one with a mix of file types, trying to update the database in all cases, and to save tags in files when possible. Should MC hang (or get really busy) in this predictable situation? Is it retrying and retrying before giving up, thinking it's a locked file problem?

Can MC be taught that even if an attempt is made, it shouldn't bother trying to save data in an inappropriate file type? It should first save the data in the database, then perhaps show a brief, quickly dismissable warning about the file situation. Or maybe allow a config that suppresses the warning for users who do this frequently and know what will happen.

marcusaschneider

« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2007, 08:01:55 am »

Hi there,

presumably since .157, syncing of remote libraries seems broken. On one of my PCs, MC is running with Library Server. On the other I have another MC against this remote library. I did some extensive changes to the remote library, restartet remote MC and reconnected. On the other PC, still the old library contents were shown. Now I restarted both PCs, deleted MC's cache on the connecting PC and reconnected. Library was loaded - but still the contents of the library before the change!

Now it gets really weird:
first i made a clone of the old library, restartet everything and still: the remote PC goes loading library and what is shown are the contents of the old one!
second i created a new, empty lub, restarted everything - but still...

Did I overlook sth. / in previous releases I did the same and everything went fine.

Marcus

JONCAT

« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2007, 10:58:06 am »

Seen this quite a few times although it is hard to replicate:

Freeze on switch of View Schemes. Only happens on a switch between the main shcmes; most often it occurs when switching to Video using the main button in the tree. MC does a hard lock at this point.

DC

dynamic

• Junior Woodchuck
Scrolling not working properly in VISTA.
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2007, 11:44:21 am »

Scrolling not working properly in VISTA.
I'm using Microsoft Wireless Laser mouse 6000.
The scroll function in browser screen of MC works as long as you move the scroll button extremely fast, which isn't very practical.  If you try and scroll in Firefox, explorer at regular speeds it works fine.
I have the latest Microsoft ipoint driver installed.
Please help.

Media Center 12.0.157 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\

Workstation 6.0  (Build 6000)
Intel Pentium 4 3190 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 2095 MB, Free - 1487 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.6000.16386 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.6000 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.6000 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.6000 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive F:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive E: TEAC     DVD+RW DV-W58E     Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:32  MaxSpeed:32  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2007, 07:17:25 pm »

I'm having problems with Library Server in 157. Basically I can't connect fully to my server. Well, it connects and the progress bar for downloading the library advances too 100%, but then an error comes up saying it can't load the library.

Both client and server are 157.

escaflo

• Galactic Citizen
  • And the answer is.... 42!
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2007, 07:25:33 pm »

Media Center seems to crashes randomly (no error message or anything, just close) when Ipod is connected. I am using 2nd Gen Ipod Nano. Tested with all plugins deactivated. Plugin Ipod, Media Center crashes randomly. Unplug Ipod, Media Center manage to run for 2 days without any problem even with plugins turn on.

I have a log last time but forgot to save it. Will try to get it again.
Don't Panic!

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2007, 07:35:51 pm »

I managed to temporarily work around the problem with Library Server. In the hope of helping others with the same problem, here's what I did:

1. Download the remote library: You can do this by either connecting to the server and exporting the library or hitting you Library Server URL with GetLibrary appending. As in: http://my.library.url:123/GetLibrary. Save this to a file with a ZIP extension. That's your library.

2. Extract the zipped library to your local disk and tell MC to use it as a library via Library Manager.

3. Rename all the paths to reference the URL of your library. The easiest way to do this is to select all the tracks you'll want to play (i.e., everything in your Playing Now list), right click and select Library Tools -> Find and Replace... Then on the left side of the window deselect everything except "File Name (Path)" and for the search term on the right put the drive letter of your tracks (e.g., "C:\") and for the replace term put the URL with the driver letter (e.g., "http://my.library.url:123/C:\"). Execute this rename and once it's done you should be able to play your tracks.

Hopefully this'll be fixed in the next version so you don't have to do this by hand.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2007, 07:57:09 pm »

I'm having problems with Library Server in 157. Basically I can't connect fully to my server. Well, it connects and the progress bar for downloading the library advances too 100%, but then an error comes up saying it can't load the library.

I'll check this tomorrow...

Thanks,

j

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2007, 06:16:00 am »

BUG in Theather View:

Not sure whether this occured in version 157 or before: I cannot get the right-mouse click context menu open at the album/track I have selected with the up/down button. It opens randomly on any other album/track displayed on the same page

Any ideas?  ?

zzoemie

• Recent member
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2007, 08:45:02 am »

The update of the library from "drives and devices" does'nt work.
After changing the tags of a certain number of files and after an new import into the librairy MC12 keeps showing the old files as broken links and also the newly imported files. ?

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2007, 11:55:52 am »

Using the Paste Cover Art from Clipboard command has been causing MC to freeze or hang quite often (most consistantly if this is done while MC is performing other functions). However using Add From File for Cover Art does not appear to cause this. This does not appear to be limited to a particular filetype.
. . . the game is rigged

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2007, 04:51:20 pm »

I can't reproduce this. Would you try a couple of things?

1) exit Media Center on the server  (including Media Server if you happen to be running it). remove C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\MJ Server Library.zip and try again

2) Try a very small library (create a new library and import just a few songs). If this works, try to narrow down why the old library doesn't work and the new one does.

Start a new thread with the results.

Thanks,

j

olarte

• World Citizen
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2007, 08:11:50 pm »

Using the Paste Cover Art from Clipboard command has been causing MC to freeze or hang quite often (most consistantly if this is done while MC is performing other functions). However using Add From File for Cover Art does not appear to cause this. This does not appear to be limited to a particular filetype.

I have not tried add from file as my intention is to add the clip art from memory, and have it create the folder.jpg and in the tage. BUT I find that it is definetely crashing when  updating tags etc...  Ver 11.x was very stable regarding this operation. Please look into this.

thanks in advance

richard.e.morton

• World Citizen
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2007, 05:19:16 pm »

Hi There,

Video Conversion on 12.0.157 seems very limited, is this going to be improved shortly? I would like to be able the configure the following, and is the order of priority for me
1. conversion to other formats other than WMV 320x340
i.e. mpg 320x240

2. ability to select the resolution

3. ability to convert a playlist then have files that are of similar name to be combined into a single file for seamless video playback.

Thanks

Rich
Media Center 12 with Girder and Netremote
Windows XP Pro SP2
Tranquil T2e
Via SP13000
2x500GB in RAID1
Testing AJAX Web-I/F
Humax DVB PVR-9600T
Denon ADV-1000
Celestion F-Series Speakers
Pages: [1]   Go Up