INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC starting to crash  (Read 8433 times)

Lasse_Lus

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC starting to crash
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2007, 07:15:41 am »

..my experience with MC 12

before the installation of MC 12, MC 11 run perfect, i used the K-lite codec pack...after installation of MC12 the problem started
MC timed out, died or crashed...

today it works quite ok, MC sometimes time out but not that very often...what i did was

* changed the codec pack to CCCP
* re-imported all video, and removed some files MC did not like, it seems that MC is very picky towards "bad" files

:)

MT5FR

fishgirl7

« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2007, 07:30:49 am »

I am still running Nero 6 - never had any problems with it and MC11, even when running both at the same time.  I don't think Nero is a variable here, as I have not used it for a fortnight, and the problems have only been occurring for the last 4-5 days.

Anyone running Nero?
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=39565.0

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2007, 08:15:16 am »

MC11 didn't use DirectShow.  It could be the DirectShow filters.  Try a search for CCCP or read the thread here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=39509.0

We believe that Nero has a bad DirectShow filter.  Uninstall Nero just to test.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2007, 08:44:14 am »

We believe that Nero has a bad DirectShow filter.  Uninstall Nero just to test.

It's Nero 7 only, and even then it appears to only be fairly recent versions.  Nero 6 was a completely different beast.

I have Nero 6 installed on every single one of my machines where I also have MC.  No problems.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Justme

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Constant crashing. Found a possible solution.
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2007, 09:11:46 am »

I have exactly the same problem, and it started about a week ago. I had a bought version of MCv11 which worked perfectly well for a long time and all of a sudden it would crash after a minute or so of starting up. I tried reinstalling, no change. I then thought I'd try v12 so I downloaded the demo and still the same. Both v11 and v12 crashed after a minute of starting up.

Then all of a sudden it started working again. A quick look around and I noticed my ipod nano wasn't plugged into the docking station. I plugged it in, and once again it crashed immediately. The problem for me at least is when the ipod is plugged in, JRiver MC crashes.

For those others with the problem, do you have any ipods (or other portable mp3 players) plugged in?

JimH

• Administrator
Re: Constant crashing. Found a possible solution.
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2007, 09:21:00 am »

Then all of a sudden it started working again. A quick look around and I noticed my ipod nano wasn't plugged into the docking station. I plugged it in, and once again it crashed immediately. The problem for me at least is when the ipod is plugged in, JRiver MC crashes.
That problem began when Apple updated the firmware for the iPod.  We had a fix out within a few days, and that fix is in the build at the top of this board.

Anyone posting, it would be helpful if you'd copy and paste your system info from MC Help.

topher2041

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2007, 01:01:37 pm »

I have exactly the same problem, and it started about a week ago. I had a bought version of MCv11 which worked perfectly well for a long time and all of a sudden it would crash after a minute or so of starting up. I tried reinstalling, no change. I then thought I'd try v12 so I downloaded the demo and still the same. Both v11 and v12 crashed after a minute of starting up.

For those others with the problem, do you have any ipods (or other portable mp3 players) plugged in?

Mine only started doing that after I put iPod Games on mine. Do know if you have games of yours? Mine actually freezes immediatley if you plug it in or will freeze right away if you have it plugged in and start MC 12.

My build right now is Media Center Registered 12.0.185

I am going to update to the news but it does not mention anthing about iPod in the relase notes.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2007, 01:17:10 pm »

Mine only started doing that after I put iPod Games on mine.
That may have updated the firmware, too.

Try initializing the iPod and a new synch, using MC latest.

Justme

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2007, 02:33:57 pm »

That problem began when Apple updated the firmware for the iPod.  We had a fix out within a few days, and that fix is in the build at the top of this board.

Anyone posting, it would be helpful if you'd copy and paste your system info from MC Help.

Thanks Jim, but I can't find this download. Could you point to it please?

Cheers.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2007, 02:39:46 pm »

The current build is always posted in the thread "stickied" to the top of the board.  It's called "Media Center 12.0.189" and it's the very first post inside the Media Center 12 board.  The download link is: ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120189.exe

They release a new build roughly once per week though, so that download link could change soon (maybe even later today).
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2007, 07:27:18 am »

This thread has several separate topics.  I'm going to lock it now.  If you have a problem, please start a new topic with a subject that describes the problem.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up