Devices > JRiver Id -- Hardware by JRiver

POLL: What's the impact of Intel's Viiv?

<< < (3/4) > >>

glynor:
th' Inq just had some fun at AMD Live's expense: http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=38205

Of course, they also said:

--- Quote ---although we must say it's quite some time since we heard murmurs of Intel's equivalent plot, Viiv.
--- End quote ---

InflatableMouse:
I sometimes wonder if the AMD and Intel guys are reading stuff like that.

BartMan01:

--- Quote from: glynor on March 14, 2007, 08:40:50 am ---th' Inq just had some fun at AMD Live's expense: http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=38205

Of course, they also said:

--- End quote ---

Got to love descriptions full of 'management speech'.  It's like reading your horoscope, it's vague and worded so that no matter what the product actually turns out to be then it meets the 'description'.  Heck, just a faster processor would give more seamless enjoyment of a/v content.

benn600:
How about no DRM, high quality recordings, and great production.  Try the old fashioned method of providing great content and entertainment.  Luckily for me, I am not restricted by DRM at all (currently).  I have all my CDs & DVDs ripped and accessible to me at any second.  Unfortunately, HD stuff will change a lot of my processes but I'll just have to wait.  There is a threshold of content quality at which essentially most of our computers here become obsolete.  We have three identical computers that were purchased online which seem to be "used" business computers.  They are all 2.4 GHz and that is a great improvement in speed from what we had before.

Anyway, they are fast enough for everything they need them for...and were very cheap...but hd content probably won't play well, if at all, so that and the fact that we don't have a ""true"" HD television...whatever that means.  We have some 1600x1200 monitors, which is close, but I guess I'd have to have at least 1920x1080 to have HD...forgetting 720p.  All I know is that upgrading to the newest stuff would be costly.  And lots of my current players wouldn't even touch HD...like my Xbox media center, etc.

Just a few of the many barriers to entry for me.

JimH:
bump

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version