INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why does my volume control keep disappearing?  (Read 1435 times)

tim0393

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Why does my volume control keep disappearing?
« on: May 24, 2003, 02:27:00 pm »

? This is twice now.  The first time, I tried the 'universal fix', that is, uninstall and reinstall and it worked.  Now, less than a week later, it's gone again.  This Media Jukebox is pretty cool, but I have to tell you, it's got a LOT of bugs....
Please don't reply with 'reinstall'.  At least tell me you'll look into why and how and get an update to fix this.

UPDATE:  Never mind...
I see that several others have the same problem, yet no one is willing to give an answer, other than to make a smart remark.
NOTE TO JRiver:  The other day, I was browsing through cnet.  Just out of curiousity, I read the user reviews for media jukebox.  Many of the reviews cited various bugs.  Granted, the features of Media Jukebox are nice, but sooner or later this lax attitude toward bug fixes is going to catch up with you.  While I have your attention however, let me inform you of yet another bug.  Just for fun, put media jukebox on pause, go to the bathroom, then to the kitchen and put on a pot of coffee.  If you're gone for more than 5 minutes, you'll find that MJ has frozen, and you'll have to do the three fingered salute (alt+ctrl+del) and restart it.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Why does my volume control keep disappearing?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2003, 03:29:32 pm »

? This is twice now.  The first time, I tried the 'universal fix', that is, uninstall and reinstall and it worked.  Now, less than a week later, it's gone again.  This Media Jukebox is pretty cool, but I have to tell you, it's got a LOT of bugs....

That could be a bug, but it's more likely that something else on your system is changing things.  Other audio programs have become more aggressive in the last year or two.

The pause problem was fixed and a new version with the fix is available on the MC board here.

tim0393

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2003, 03:43:18 pm »

Thank you for your reply.  However, I still have the same problem.  I just finished uninstalling/reinstalling again, and before I could get all my settings personalized, it disappeared again.  Can you at least tell me this:  How can set the volume control on max and have it left there permanently?  I can always adjust the volume on the speakers.
By the way, what version are you speaking of?  I have 3.0.398

tim0393

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2003, 08:41:26 am »

The freezing on pause bug is still alive and well in version 3.99.
Perhaps we should call Orkin
;)

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2003, 09:46:24 am »

>> Perhaps we should call Orkin
I work for Orkin

Branch #326, Fayetteville, NC

Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up