INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.198  (Read 5394 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 12.0.198
« on: March 23, 2007, 09:24:50 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120198.exe

12.0.198 (03/23/07)

1. Fixed: Theater View scrolling / navigation was slower that expected.
2. Changed: Theater View RSS plugin loads all data in background threads so it never lags Theater View. (and it only works when visible, so it has no overhead other times)
3. Changed: Removed "Starting TV..." message on TV startup.
4. Changed: Theater View weather plugin allows selecting Celsius vs Fahrenheit. (need to erase HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Center 12\Plugins\Theater View\Weather; real configuration to follow)
5. Fixed: Page Up / Page Down were not working in Theater View.
6. NEW: In Theater View, "CD & DVD" plays the disc in the drive and shows Playing Now instead of showing a list of files on the device.
7. NEW: Reworked how "AutoPlay" is handled so that the Windows handler is disabled unless "Let Windows handle" is selected in Options > CD & DVD > AutoPlay.
8. NEW: Theater View "Jump on play" setting supports all the modes available in standard view. (like the new default "Display View (if has display)")
9. Fixed: "Don't show again" checkboxes were not working properly.
10. Changed: Adding a new Smartlist creates the Smartlist and goes right to the new Smartlist Editor.

12.0.197 (03/22/07)

1. Changed: While TV is recording, pressing Stop button now stops recording only, instead of unloading TV completely.
2. Fixed: Detached display would not be skinned.
3. Fixed: Creating a smartlist would crash.
4. Fixed: Track info was behind 1 song.
5. Fixed: Analysis of new DVDs would not work properly.
6. NEW: Theater View catches any message boxes, confirmations, etc. and shows them in a way that looks nice from Theater View. (art still under development)
7. Changed: Improved handling of FLV video.
8. Fixed: Tags weren't saving automatically for JPEG files.

12.0.196 (03/21/07)

1. Changed: Action Window display uses the same display (cover art, G-Force, etc.) as the main display. (now that track info can show cover art when small)
2. Fixed: In TV time-shifting or recording large portion of video was masked off.
3. Changed: Player no longer shows ? ? ? for the bitrate when playing a file with an unknown bitrate. (instead doesn't show the bitrate)
4. NEW: Theater View tracks mouse movement.
5. Changed: Progress for handheld cache building and thumbnail building shows in the Action Window. (instead of as a popup)
6. NEW: Theater View plugins better respond to mouse movement, remote commands, etc.
7. NEW: Theater View weather plugin look and feel reworked.
8. Fixed: Showing cover art at a small size when viewing a Track Info page works better.

12.0.195 (03/20/07)

1. Changed: Downloading a video from a Web Media website (YouTube, Google Video) will not switch to the Download view (Download action window will still appear).
2. Fixed: Modifying DVB-T channel resulted in losing some channel data.
3. Fixed: Some ASX URLs would not play properly.
4. Fixed: Streaming mp4 video, such as podcast or from Library Server, was mistakenly played as audio, resulting in video being shown in an "ActiveMovie Window".
5. Changed: Web Favorites moved to tree under Web Media.
6. Fixed: Tree paths for updating were not properly set for Web Media items.
7. Fixed: Track Info not working over Library Server.
8. NEW: Track Info now has a minimum height and width of 200.  This can be set in the track infos via <!-- [MinHeight:200] [MinWidth:200] --> anywhere in index.html.
9. Changed: New Web Media is now tagged with "Web Media URL"  instead of setting Genre to "Web Media".
10. Changed: Importing an MPL no longer looks at file tags -- greatly improving import performance.
11. NEW: Added ASX to playlist export formats.
12. NEW: Pix01 - Current thumbnail is highlited.
13. NEW: Option added to track info to show the cover art if the space available to track info drops below the minimum.
14. Fixed: Selecting enable scroll bars in track info now enables them.
15. Changed: Marquee box selection in a list is only possible when starting at a non-item area. (when over an item, a drag will be initiated)
16. Fixed: Digital TV aspect ratio control did not work properly.

12.0.194 (03/16/07)

1. Fixed: Pix01 would toss any edits to Title or Description on a drag and drop.
2. Changed: More tweaks in DVB-T tuning and recording.
3. Fixed: Pix01 stuff.  (Fat cancel button, some other minor things.) 

12.0.193 (03/15/07)

1. Fixed: Windows Media streams didn't pop up choices dialog in PublicRadioFan.com
2. Changed: Featured (audio) Web Media websites now appear under Web Media in the Audio tree.
3. NEW: The description text added to the Noire (Pix01 default) template.  (It appears under the title.)
4. Fixed: Pix01 crash.  Dividing by 0 is bad, m'kay?
5. Changed: Updated g-force url on the start page.

12.0.192 (03/14/07)

1. Changed: Minor Pix01 dialog changes.
2. Fixed: If the Pix01 login dialog was cancelled hitting create would simply kill the dialog.
3. Fixed: Submitting CD data to online database was failing in certain cases, causing a rip operation to hang.

12.0.191 (03/13/07)

1. Fixed: MC would fail to find CD tracks to rip following a "clear library" operation.
2. Fixed: Minor RAW file issues.

12.0.190 (03/12/07)

1. Fixed: On a fresh install, Display View / Theater View would show on monitor 0 instead of the nearest monitor to the program.
2. Changed: After switching view tabs, a menu won't auto-show (without a click) until the mouse moves.
3. NEW: More EXIF info for RAW image files in Tag->Format.
4. Fixed: iPods with new iTunes 7.1 database format causing MC to crash.
5. Changed: Improved HTML to plain text converter. (used for importing HTML files, and for Theater View's RSS reader)
6. Fixed: Theater View plugins better position themselves on the screen in widescreen, etc. configurations.
7. Changed: Theater View plugins can use skin coloring for text, etc.
8. Changed: Improved multi-line alpha text drawing using by RSS Theater View plugin.
9. Changed: More robust DVD graph building to hopefully prevent ActiveMovie windows from popping up.
10. Changed: Number of input pins on VMR are changed back to 3 in DVD.
11. Changed: MC TV tries to configure demultiplexer audio pin again when building DVB-T recording graph.
12. Changed: MC TV tries to re-create a DVB-T tune request if it can not find the required audio stream.

Griff

• MC Beta Team
Re: Media Center 12.0.198
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 09:41:00 pm »

Jim

Could you please move the weather/Rss zip file (08.zip), with the build .

So people are using the right zip.

Thanks

winniew

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2007, 12:40:20 am »

As already mentioned for build 12.0.189 here again:

I have a problem with the new smartlist editor:
References to other playlists only appear as playlistid==xxxx. Not very helpful.
Should be like it was before, where the playlistid was resolved to the real playlist-name.

Will this be changed or do I have to change my smartlist-structure?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2007, 05:38:46 am »

Could you please move the weather/Rss zip file (08.zip), with the build .
Sorry.  My mistake. 

It's here: ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/TheaterViewPlugin08.zip

mhwlng

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2007, 06:28:28 am »

the 'don't show this message again' checkbox now has no effect on the

'this database is already in use by another user' it will be opened in read-only mode

dialog box

this worked fine in the previous release...

Marcel

vine-au

• Junior Woodchuck
  • negative, I am a meat popsicle...
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2007, 07:35:41 am »

Is there a way to disable the Confirm window when exiting theatre-view?

JONCAT

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2007, 07:49:39 am »

APE/CUE support is broken, and has been, since at least .189 and was reported 3-4 weeks ago.

Old bug (OCT. 2006) is back with .ape/cue files.

All files have their appropriate durations listed but none of them will playback. There is one extra file,  the length of the entire album and it is the only file that plays, as one continuous audio file. Skip track function does nothing, this full length ape/cue file just keeps playing.

DC

Media Center Registered 12.0.198 -- C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 12\

Workstation 5.2 Service Pack 1 (Build 3790)
AMD Unknown 3001 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 387 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.3790.1830 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.3790 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.3790 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.3790 / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32         DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0002)

Ripping /   Drive D: PLEXTOR DVDR   PX-716AL   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive H: LITE-ON DVDRW SHW-1635S   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive J: LITE-ON DVDRW SHW-1635S   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive O:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive Q:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: No /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive D: PLEXTOR  DVDR   PX-716AL    Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive H: LITE-ON  DVDRW SHW-1635S    Addr: 5:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive J: LITE-ON  DVDRW SHW-1635S    Addr: 5:1:0  Speed:17  MaxSpeed:17  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: Yes /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2007, 09:47:01 am »

I need a solution.  When MC is generating thumbnails, everything is much slower.  Loading things are a lot slower, such as when I load a playlist or something.  I would force all thumbnails to generate but then when I switch computers, they are all essentially either erased or matched incorrectly with incorrect albums.

Could I disable thumbnails alltogether?  I just love that speed that comes from not generating thumbnails.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2007, 04:44:51 pm »

Is there a way to disable the Confirm window when exiting theatre-view?

I'd like this as well.  I don't think that "accidentally" hitting "esc" is really a problem, so all the confirmation does is require an extra keypress to do something that I know I want to do.

In the mean time, you can use "Ctrl-1" to jump immediately to Standard View (and Ctrl-4 to jump directly to Theater View.)

Larry

vine-au

• Junior Woodchuck
  • negative, I am a meat popsicle...
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2007, 11:28:55 pm »

In the mean time, you can use "Ctrl-1" to jump immediately to Standard View (and Ctrl-4 to jump directly to Theater View.)

Larry

ahh of course, thx Larry :)

Osho

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2007, 12:50:43 am »

I need a solution.  When MC is generating thumbnails, everything is much slower.  Loading things are a lot slower, such as when I load a playlist or something.  I would force all thumbnails to generate but then when I switch computers, they are all essentially either erased or matched incorrectly with incorrect albums.

If you are using the same library on multiple computers there are ways to synchronize the library and the thumbnail database directory so that this would not happen. Is this how you are using it?

Osho

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2007, 08:58:29 am »

I'm not sure.  My library and all media files are located on \\Server\Book1\...  Theoretically, if the thumbnails are uniquely identified by their location, that stays the same from computer the computer.  For some reason, the thumbnail databases get recreated all the time, though.  I wouldn't mind putting the thumbnail database on the server one bit but it didn't seem to work last time I tried it.

The problem is that if I spend time creating thumbnails on one computer, I will inevitably want to use another computer (in the theater, for instance) and when I return to my main computer, the thumbnails are either incorrectly matched and corrected or simply missing.

Osho

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2007, 11:37:44 am »

The problem is that if I spend time creating thumbnails on one computer, I will inevitably want to use another computer (in the theater, for instance) and when I return to my main computer, the thumbnails are either incorrectly matched and corrected or simply missing.

I used to have the same problems when I had my files on a NAS and thumbnails on a local drive. There are ways to generate the thumbnails on one computer and then copy them to all the other computers so you won't spend hours (it took 3 hours in my case!) rebuilding thumbnail database every time you change something in the library.

You can see the "Synchronizing MC library across multiple computers" in the following wiki page that I wrote:

http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/DVD_Library_in_Media_Center

Since I did this, I have never had to regenerate thumbnails multiple times on multiple computers.

Osho

acolon

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2007, 06:01:23 pm »

Can someone explain what we need to do with the Theaterview zip file?  Do I just extract it right underneath the plugins folder?

Thanks in advance,
Anthony

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2007, 06:03:53 pm »

Can someone explain what we need to do with the Theaterview zip file?  Do I just extract it right underneath the plugins folder?

Thanks in advance,
Anthony

Correct! =)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2007, 06:51:39 pm »

It's a known problem that sharing the same library with multiple clients on a network could cause thumbnails to rebuild.  This will get fixed in one of the coming builds.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2007, 04:15:29 pm »

New smartlist editor does not support Playlists.  Before smartlist editor, you could use the wizard and select from a list of Playlists to include or exclude in your smart playlist.  Now, you have to enter some unknown, hidden, random playlist # (like 42904580) and just know what playlist that corresponds to in MC :}  (I see the strange playlist #s in my rules for all my current smart playlists)

c00ld00d

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2007, 01:26:04 pm »

I'm not sure if this would be a 'bug', but when I connect to a library server serving a library that has podcasts that have been downloaded, the start to download again, only they save on the local machine. Shouldn't they NOT download, and just be serverd from the library server?

Running 198 on the local computer and 185 on the server.

Thanks,

Brian

mlefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2007, 01:27:42 pm »

Running 198 on the local computer and 185 on the server.

Both machines must have the same version to work. That may be it.

Michel.

c00ld00d

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2007, 01:41:48 pm »

Both machines must have the same version to work. That may be it.

Michel.

I figured that would be the first response, so I've got both running 198 now. Same problem.

mlefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2007, 01:43:06 pm »

I figured that would be the first response, so I've got both running 198 now. Same problem.

;)

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2007, 09:06:51 pm »

Again, new Smartlist editor problem:

There's no way to copy the rules from one smartlist to another (new) smartlist.  I reverted back to 12.0.185 to do this (and resolve the other smartlist problem mentioned above).

Seems like it'd be nice to have an option to use the old Edit with Wizard feature or use the new Smartlist editor (or enhance the Smarlist editor so that no old functionality is lost, like now).

OrangeOstrich

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2007, 07:02:31 am »

I agree with sbsp2.

The new Smartlist editor is not a very good GUI design for editing very large/complex Smartlists.  It is much more visually flexible when you can 'see' your tree layout and choose sub-items accordingly.  The same really goes for the Handheld 'editor'.  Choosing playlists, etc. would also be better served by being it own window and not part of an overall options dialog.

johnpapkones

• Junior Woodchuck
PROBLEM WHILE TRYING INSTALE NEW VERSION 12.0.198
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2007, 01:37:04 pm »

The following message appears :

Can not start program 'C:\DOCUME~1\54B4~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\InstallPackage - 996 (1).temp'.Error Unknown. (31)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: PROBLEM WHILE TRYING INSTALE NEW VERSION 12.0.198
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2007, 04:32:51 pm »

The following message appears :

Can not start program 'C:\DOCUME~1\54B4~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\InstallPackage - 996 (1).temp'.Error Unknown. (31)

Download it manually from the top of this board.  There were a few builds where the auto-updater won't work.

Sorry for the hassle.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2007, 11:20:13 am »

Bug:

EDIT: * Not a bug. My mistake. Sorry! *

Have a nice easter!:)
Note to myself: Read, think, write - Read, think, write - think, read, write - think, write, read - think, write, read... Aahhw, i always mess that up...

gappie

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2007, 12:20:45 pm »

when i import mkv files, about 30 percent is imported as audio.

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2007, 10:18:29 am »

The help topic for "Cover Art" needs to be updated to reflect the correct location for the setting to save cover art inside tags.
Pages: [1]   Go Up