INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Extensive theater view list  (Read 951 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Extensive theater view list
« on: August 20, 2007, 12:30:31 am »

1. Checkbox for each theater view control attribute (brightness, contrast, volume, subtitles) -- to turn each one on or off so users can disable certain items, such as volume or language.
2. Saturation should be fixed to be like brightness, contrast, or hue.  The width of saturation is not the same as the other three attributes.  The + is further to the left, which leads me to believe it defaults to slightly lower saturation.  I prefer slightly more saturation.  How about moving the + to the right so it matches the other three attributes and therefore, increasing the default saturation value.
3. Add bass/treble control.  This would be VERY useful, obviously, because then more settings are available just to the theater view and remote.  It really needs to be available for video as well, though.
4. Add audio boost, mainly for DVDs.  The DVD playback is way too quiet compared to standard audio files.  I end up decreasing audio file volume with the preamp because otherwise audio blasts the listener when switching from DVD to audio.
5. Theater view needs larger thumbnails, or better yet, yet another toggle thumbnails view that increases the thumbnail size.  Also, the text should not be bold and possibly smaller.  How can I configure a theater view skin to not bold the text?  But I think it would be a good change overall anyway for the default skins.  This will likely lead to fewer line breaks in [Name] for each item.  It doesn't look as nice when line breaks cause the thumbnails to shrink down even more.
6. [BUG] I am using a search list under Video to simply display Movies, Music Videos, or a list of my TV shows (Entry for each TV show).  When I view an entry the sort order does not work correctly.  On the server it does work fine but the HTPC client doesn't update the sort order and seems to sort based on the default sort which is not simply [Name], which I prefer and have it set to do.
7. A read-only MC library should auto restart after a period of inactivity.  I have my HTPC setup to open the same library as my server uses for UPnP server and library server.  Then, I have it set to not warn about opening read-only.  The point is that the server finds new files and the client needs a way to update itself--this is nothing new as far as a feature request goes but I think an auto-restart feature would be a easy solution.
8. Theater view needs a force focus because it loses focus from time to time.  MC should continually check to make sure it's in focus so it can't lose focus.
9. When a DVD is selected to play, it should instantly popup a message saying "Loading DVD" or something because there can be a delay.
Pages: [1]   Go Up