INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Track Not showing up in Library but still there in Folder. Import does not work  (Read 1330 times)

datdude

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Somehow I lost a music track in my library.  Not sure if I accidentally removed it or what, but I can't get it back.  If I try to re-import it not checking the 'ignore files previously removed from library' option, the file still refuses to be found.  I check under video and images and it is not there either.  If I create a new library it shows up.  If I create a blank view scheme with just audio under my existing library, the file is not there.

I can play the song in Playing now by dragging from the folder, even trying to right click it and re-import it, but that does not help.  Very strange.  Any suggestions?

I am running Vista btw, and I would rather not re-install MC or start with a new library.

Thanks
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

datdude

• MC Beta Team
Re: Track Not showing up in Library but still there in Folder.
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 08:11:02 pm »

This is getting stranger and stranger.

So I moved that file manually to my desktop then re-imported it successfully into MC.  Then I renamed the file from properties and that moved it back to my music folder in the proper Artist folder.

PROBLEM is that is keeps appending (1) ... (2)... to the end of the file name every time I retry this process in MC, even though there is only 1 version of the song there, MC thinks there is more than one, or maybe it is Vista that is the problem, I don't know.

What could be happening here?
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

dag-inge

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile

Last night all my track # got lost. 10000 songs now without track #!

Luckily the file name has the track # in it, but this must clearly be a bug and what is the easiest way to get them back again?

regards,

Dag-Inge

John Gateley

• Nice haircut

right click on a track (or group of tracks), then Library Tools->Fill Properties From Filename...

Try on one first, then do small groups of files.

Next time, start a new thread instead of adding to a mostly unrelated old thread...

j

Slope

• Recent member

@datdude

Maybe you wanna check if the tags have a "*" or ":" in some of the library field. I had a similar problem with artist name like A:Xus, etc.

Removing the symbol from the tags resolved the problem in my case. Another thing might be to copy the file to your another location, browse to it using 'my computer' in MC and see if you can do some something from there.

I'm not sure either of this is gonna help but it might be worth a shot.
Pages: [1]   Go Up