INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Registration code, where is it?  (Read 4071 times)

goose2

• World Citizen
Registration code, where is it?
« on: November 15, 2007, 12:06:46 pm »

I'm trying to install MC12 on my laptop. I networked it to my Desktop (MC already installed).....downloaded MC12 trial version to the laptop. Now My desktop installation has reverted to trial version (earlier version than I had been running w/ 30 day expiration). I have gone to the restore page and entered my email to have my reg. code sent so I can restore my license, but no response in 40 minutes or so. Have I done something wrong?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Registration code, where is it?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 12:11:46 pm »

Follow the link in my signature to the info on licensing.

If the e-mail didn't arrive, it was probably treated as spam somewhere. 

goose2

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 12:20:41 pm »

Thanks for the quick response Jim, but I've already read all the faq's and restore instructions as well as searching the forum.....and there is no email from jriver in any of my spam folders. Any suggestions?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 12:22:32 pm »

The e-mail comes from JRiver in a minute or two.

You can change your e-mail address for your license.

You can check with your ISP and ask them not to treat it as spam.

On the restore page, there is a link to e-mail you your Registration Codes.

Whitelist jriver.com if you can.

goose2

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2007, 12:42:43 pm »

Thanks again Jim, but you do not seem to be getting the point.

-I have requested my code twice now, once over an hour ago, and again 15 minutes ago. Obviously the email does NOT come from jriver in a minute or two. Both these requests were made from the restore page.

-why do you suggest I change my email address. I am requesting the code sent to the same (and only) email I have used since I last purchased MC12.

-JRiver email is NOT being treated as spam. I have received email many times from jriver with no problems. There is nothing in any junk mail or spam folder on my email server, and jriver is not blacklisted.

Can you help me please?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2007, 12:48:53 pm »

Thanks again Jim, but you do not seem to be getting the point.

-I have requested my code twice now, once over an hour ago, and again 15 minutes ago. Obviously the email does NOT come from jriver in a minute or two. Both these requests were made from the restore page.
We're sending.  You're just not receiving.  Your ISP may be doing you "a service" by dumping it.  Hotmail.com does this.
-why do you suggest I change my email address. I am requesting the code sent to the same (and only) email I have used since I last purchased MC12.
If you're not receiving, check with your ISP.
-JRiver email is NOT being treated as spam. I have received email many times from jriver with no problems. There is nothing in any junk mail or spam folder on my email server, and jriver is not blacklisted.
Did you visit the restore page and request that your Registration Code be e-mailed to you?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2007, 12:53:20 pm »

Just so you know, I just tested it with my email (a hotmail address) and it worked fine, so their system is up and is sending the email properly.  It took about 2 seconds for the email to come in to my hotmail account (by the time I switched to the other browser tab and hit Check Mail on the hotmail interface it was there).
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2007, 12:56:55 pm »

We have no requests from comcast.net addresses this morning.  Are you using the same e-mail as you do here on Interact?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2007, 01:00:48 pm »

Apparently you were using your other e-mail address at msn.com.  The messages were returned, saying "mailbox unavailable".  This usually means that your mailbox is full.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2007, 01:05:14 pm »

Here's what we've sent:

2007-11-15 11:21:46 1IsiPQ-0004kj-00 ** r** @msn.com R=lookuphost T=remote_smtp: SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:<r** @msn.com>: host mx3.hotmail.com [65.54.245.72]: 550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable

2007-11-15 11:37:57 1Isif6-0004mt-00 ** r** @msn.com R=lookuphost T=remote_smtp: SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:<r** @msn.com>: host mx4.hotmail.com [65.54.245.104]: 550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable

2007-11-15 12:22:00 1IsjLj-0004rn-00 ** r** @msn.com R=lookuphost T=remote_smtp: SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:<r** @msn.com>: host mx4.hotmail.com [65.54.245.104]: 550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable

goose2

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2007, 01:11:22 pm »

OK...making some progress now...thanks for the help. My face is a little red because I was entering a previous email address (thanks, auto-fill). Anyway, when I enter my current email address it returns a "don't have this address" message. However, when I last did a paid upgrade (to MC12), this is the email I was using. I guess I need to use the change email function, but what is the password asked for in the form? My old email password? Some jriver password? Forum password? My original purchase of MC was in 2002 I believe, so I have moved twice, been through 4 computers, and changed emails several times since then. It's going to be near impossible to sort out which email I was using then and what, if any password might allpy. Is there another way to restore.

Thanks again

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2007, 01:13:51 pm »

The password is your password used for the purchase.  It isn't the forum password.

Send me a private message.  I'll change your e-mail if necessary.

goose2

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2007, 01:16:34 pm »

Wow, I have no idea what the password used for the purchase was...would that be my original purchase or my last upgrade purchase? I'll try a few possibilities before bothering you again though.
Thanks for your efforts!

goose2

• World Citizen
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2007, 01:19:21 pm »

Bingo!....got it on the 3rd try. Thanks again for your help and apologies for my impatience.
Randy

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2007, 01:24:32 pm »

No harm done, but thanks.  I'm glad it's working.

I wish there were a better way, but if e-mail doesn't work or a password's forgotten, it's tough.

My first choice would be no license at all, and an honor system that everyone respected.  And I'd like to be one of the Knights of the Round Table, too.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2007, 02:07:40 pm »

And I'd like to be one of the Knights of the Round Table, too.

I hearby dub thee Sir Hillegass the Unflappable.

-signed King Doof the Mighty, master of the (not so) round table (it's actually myriagonal so it looks kinda round - it's really crowded though)

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2007, 02:11:04 pm »

I hearby dub thee Sir Hillegass the Unflappable.

-signed King Doof the Mighty, master of the (not so) round table (it's actually myriagonal so it looks kinda round - it's really crowded though)
Most kind of thee, sire.  I am bleached and besotted with joy.  I will find me a steed and a wooden sword by moonset.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2007, 02:15:02 pm »

Sally forth and smite mine enemies for the greater glory of the Kingdom!

And while you're at it, implement that long-rumored coffee-making plugin for MC.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2007, 05:08:50 pm »

Knights of the Round Table

I was looking at that movie yesterday on amazon
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2007, 05:52:26 pm »

Sally forth and smite mine enemies for the greater glory of the Kingdom!

What's the past-tense of smite?

Smote, smited, smitten?

One of life's mysteries.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2007, 08:04:21 pm »

I believe it's "smote".

If Jim were to suddenly become smitten with mine enemies, then we'd have big problems.

goose2

• World Citizen
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2007, 03:39:25 pm »

Yesterday, with Jim's patient help, I managed to restore my licence for MC12. Today, I open MC and suddenly, I am again unregistered.....got the 29 days left message. This is in addition to being "read only"......the subject of another post. In addition to these two problems, I cannot get Library Sync to work at all....client sees host but files or library will not migrate. Maybe these problems are related? This is driving me nuts and I've now spent the better part of a day and a half trying to get it to work. The kicker is that I'm supposed to be DJ'ing a party tomorrow night and need to have something working I can use...........................arrrrrgh!!   I've installed MC12 on the laptop and am now moving files manually with a thumb drive and rebuilding a temp library there....should only take 8-10 hours, huh?

Any help out there?

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2007, 03:57:07 pm »

Can you think of anything you did? Change the computer name?

How are you starting Media Center (what are you clicking on)?

j

goose2

• World Citizen
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2007, 04:28:13 pm »

Unfortunately, I've done a little messing with the system in the last two days, including changing the computer name. All of what I've done relates to getting a network running between my desktop (host with original MC installation)) and laptop (client). Now that you mention it, changing the computer name is likely the source of this particular problem. I can use up another restore I guess and just do it again, yes? My other problems are: read only difficulties, which I may have solved (another thread), and: I cannot get "Sync Library" to work. I can start another thread for that one.
Thanks John

gappie

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2007, 05:14:39 pm »

Unfortunately, I've done a little messing with the system in the last two days, including changing the computer name. All of what I've done relates to getting a network running between my desktop (host with original MC installation)) and laptop (client). Now that you mention it, changing the computer name is likely the source of this particular problem. I can use up another restore I guess and just do it again, yes? My other problems are: read only difficulties, which I may have solved (another thread), and: I cannot get "Sync Library" to work. I can start another thread for that one.
Thanks John
you dont have to use an other restore. you can use the same for two weeks.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2007, 06:01:57 pm »

Now that you mention it, changing the computer name is likely the source of this particular problem.

Yes, It is
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2007, 11:48:35 pm »

You are welcome. As others have said, you can use a restore for two weeks (it should have been sent to you in e-mail), and if you re-install the OS, you get a 30 day trial period again, so that should get you through. If it doesn't let us know here, and we can give some additional restores.

j
Pages: [1]   Go Up