INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.403  (Read 5588 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 12.0.403
« on: December 26, 2007, 04:23:13 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120403.exe

12.0.403 (12/26/2007)

1. Fixed: Loading a database could sporadically fail or take more memory than necessary.
2. Fixed: Importing images with no album would use the full date (with time) as the album instead of only the date.

12.0.402 (12/26/2007)

1. Changed: Revised the in-place edit saving logic so tabbing through multiple files does not save a value unless it is changed.
2. Changed: Added more logging to database loading.
3. Changed: Slightly tuned the "Remove broken links: Yes (protect network files)" logic to better handle files manually deleted by a user.

12.0.401 (12/24/2007)

1. Fixed: midi files were imported as "unknown" media type.
2. Fixed: In rare cases, highly-threaded areas of the program could crash with logging enabled.
3. Fixed: "Confirm Delete Time-shifting" option in TV did not work when "Start Digital TV in Time-shifting Mode" option was on.
4. Optimized: Showing a list-type field like Keywords in the Tag Action Window is exponentially faster. (around 30x faster with 20,000 files)
5. Fixed: In-place editing would not scroll lists horizontally when tabbing around.
6. Fixed: Panes were not honoring the gridline setting.
7. Changed: Dates using non-standard abbreviations (such as "Sept" instead of "Sep") now work.
8. Fixed: Clicking a tagging mode checkbox in the panes, then clicking "Enable Tagging Mode" in the confirmation would not apply the change.

12.0.400 (12/20/2007)

1. NEW: Rename Files From Properties can now make new copies of files at the target location.
2. NEW: Clicking the file type line at the top of Action Window > Tag window will jump to the format page, which contains a full tag and format dump.
3. NEW: Added the ability to pause and unpause the scheduler. (starts as unpaused after each launch)
3. Fixed: Ending an in-place edit by right-clicking and starting an in-place edit in another column would apply the changes to the wrong column.
4. Fixed: Podcast cover art could end up in the temporary folder instead of final folder when configured to store art next to the file (i.e. folder.jpg, etc.).
5. Fixed: The keyboard was not usable while viewing a webpage from Theater View.
6. Fixed: Improved handling of concurrent import (or auto-import) processes running during large, slow file move operations.
7. Fixed: In rare cases, undo / redo database operations could include internal changes from background threads.
8. Fixed: VisStudio plug-ins were not displaying on Track Info visualization pages.
9. Fixed: The import folder dialog would not scroll nicely in the path combobox during typing.
10. Fixed: The scheduler could be off by an hour for southern hemisphere countries currently in daylight savings time.
11. NEW: Screen Grab option is available for DVD playback.
12. Fixed: iPod view would not update correctly after an Initialize.
13. Fixed: Handheld sync rules not validating playlists and podcasts.
14. Fixed: Playlists not sorted correctly on older iPods.

12.0.399 (12/19/2007)

1. Changed: Tab, Shift+Tab, etc. navigation is no longer disabled when editing multiple files at one time. (remember that Ctrl+Z is available to undo a change)
2. Changed: Added panes to the tab rotation in the player.
3. Changed: Internal changes to visualization plug-ins, including 2D, 3D and Track Info.
4. Changed: When the handheld option to remove cover art from converted files is set, the option for saving cover art to the 'folder.jpg' file is disabled.
5. Fixed: Screen grab in video playback did not work when Enhanced Video Renderer was used.
6. Optimized: Improved core string performance, which makes all areas of the program faster.
7. Optimized: Loading and saving of the playlists database is faster.
8. Optimized: Several optimizations that improve program load time.
9. Fixed: Starting image playback from Explorer with MC not running could crash.
10. Fixed: In tagging mode, checkboxes would not be properly updated for nested fields on tree expansion.
11. Fixed: Manual podcast downloads were not showing In Queue with all caps to show they had priority. (but were still working like always)
12. Changed: When applying sorting to a view scheme or smartlist rule by customizing the view, other sort tokens are preserved if they're not at the end of the search.
13. Fixed: (again) File converter tool would create unneeded output directory.
14. Fixed: The first time you used the sound recorder it would record in wma format no matter how you configured it.

12.0.398 (12/18/2007)

1. Fixed: Build.

12.0.397 (12/18/2007)

1. Fixed: Playback of ranged files (i.e. CUE tracks) would not always be sample-perfect with regards to duration, causing gapless playback hiccups.
2. Changed: CUE file track file size is filled from the size of the full link file, pro-rated according to duration. (so the sum of all tracks will equal the size of the link file)
3. Fixed: Dates would not parse correctly in locales where the month was specified with two digits: e.g. 11/01/1913 for Jan 11, 1913
4. Changed: We now list content in hidden folders on Sansa E200 series players in MSC mode.
5. Fixed: File converter tool would create unneeded output directory.
6. Changed: The expression function ListCombine(...) removes duplicates.
7. Fixed: Shutdown could take longer than expected when many podcasts were subscribed to and the podcasts were stored on a slow drive.
8. Fixed: Permission prompt popped up every time an iPod was connected on systems running Vista.
9. Changed: Added several new date formats to the date parser.
10. Fixed: The sharing servers were not accepting requests.
11. Changed: Screen Grab in video playback puts grabbed images in a subfolder of Application Data, instead of the Program Files folder.

GrantDG

• World Citizen
Re: Media Center 12.0.403
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2007, 05:06:34 pm »

Still having issues with the Scheduler - it's an hour out
Looking to control J River Media Center from your Windows Phone?: Look for nMedium & nMedium Play in the WP store

Krazykanuck

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2007, 05:33:44 pm »

Tabbing in edit mode appears to be working fine now.

Thanks

Jonas

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2007, 05:41:01 am »

Right now I'm using 12.0.401 to send some new music to my iPod.  The iPod details are open in the second tab, while I'm working in the first tab (showing the audio pane and fixing some tags).  Now and then during the transfer process, the second tab is activated and the iPod details are shown instead, so I have to manually switch back to the first tab again.

Some of the files that are transferred are downconverted to lower bitrates, in case that has anything to do with it.

Another thing I keep bumping into (and I apologize if you've replied to this before, in which case I have missed it):  Alt-F X means "exit" in every other program I ever use, except Media Center, where it means "start dumping every single playlist to a folder, locking the program for over a minute with no way to cancel the process".  I'd love it if this shortcut could be remapped to the standard meaning :-)

Chan Kong-sang

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 05:54:25 am »

Hello,
yesterday i watched a movie and at the end the video just showed black and a short time after that my computer rebooted, same today with another movie but today it broke all my playlists ("The media types of the selected files are not supported for playback. (<none>)").

Than another thing. When works the "Check for Updates..."?

hottuna

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2007, 07:41:17 am »

Revised:
Some problems syncing with my Classic 80g iPod - This happened on a freshly initialized iPod using 12.0.401

Some (not all) songs in some (not all) compilation albums were not being grouped together in coverflow. The (Multiple Artist) and [mix album]=1 were set properly.  I selected the albums that had orphan covers and I used Library Tools to Update Tags (from library) and resynched.  All the songs appeared in the sync queue and after synching they were properly grouped under the covers of their compilation albums. 

Another problem I noticed a lot.  Many albums didn't have any cover art on the iPod but when I looked at them in MC the image thumbnail appeared in the details list and in the tag window, but not in the Image window which showed <failed to load from inside file>.  When I reapplied the cover art by using copy and paste from another song on the album, the problem resolved on the next sync.

Jonas

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2007, 09:19:14 am »

A cosmetic bug: The track info popup (that shows up when you hover over a track) is fuzzy.  If you magnify it, it looks like it uses the standard cleartype sub-pixel font rendering as it should, but then it converts the result to grayscale.  This is wrong, since Cleartype depends on being able to control individual subpixels (turning on specific combinations of red, green or blue subpixels on an LCD screen).

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2007, 10:58:29 am »

In DSP Studio, the Equalizer sliders do not update on first click of a new Preset.  If you click on the newly chosen Preset again the sliders update.

Update:  Also, the first click's selection is not applied (to the sound, the EQ is not applied).  So, it's like the first click does nothing at all except change what is shown in the Preset selection box.

MusicHawk

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2007, 11:52:52 pm »

>> The track info popup (that shows up when you hover over a track) is fuzzy.

On my computer the popups look fine, the way I'm used to seeing them. So possibly the problem is related to font settings on a particular computer. I'm running MC 12.0.403 on WinXP, Intel G595 chipset, ViewSonic VA2012w, 1680x1050, 32-bit color.
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2007, 01:53:35 am »

Another thing I keep bumping into (and I apologize if you've replied to this before, in which case I have missed it):  Alt-F X means "exit" in every other program I ever use, except Media Center, where it means "start dumping every single playlist to a folder, locking the program for over a minute with no way to cancel the process".  I'd love it if this shortcut could be remapped to the standard meaning :-)

I believe you can remap this in some config file somewhere (although you'd have to remap it again every time you upgrade). Alternatively you could use the shortcut Alt-F4 which should exit MC (and other apps) just fine, and it's shorter than your shortcut.   ;)

Jonas

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2007, 03:45:13 am »

I believe you can remap this in some config file somewhere (although you'd have to remap it again every time you upgrade).

Thanks!  I searched for this and found a way to change the ordinary shortcuts, such as alt-f4, but not the "underlined" shortcuts.

Wondering why this was the case I looking closer at the underlined characters.  It would seem that they are not explicitly specified -- in every case I checked, the shortcut is always the first "previously unused" shortcut within that menu.  For example, the first "Open" command uses "O".  The second "oPen file" uses "P", not the more logical "F", because "P" was the first unused shortcut.  Then "Print" is not "P", because that is already taken, but "R", and so on.  This way, "x" simply is not available to be used for "exit" because it was already used before.

So I can't fix this by changing shortcuts directly, but I can do it indirectly, by renaming one of the export menu items...  :)

Alternatively you could use the shortcut Alt-F4 which should exit MC (and other apps) just fine, and it's shorter than your shortcut.   ;)

I know it has fewer key presses, but Alt-F X can be pressed without moving my wrists, which I have to do in order to reach an F key.  That's why my fingers have learned the habit of using Alt-F X, and I now do it automatically most of the time -- and it doesn't matter that much if it doesn't work (in those rare cases I can press Alt-F4), as long as it doesn't kick off an uninterruptible process of exporting playlists for more than a minute :-)

neFAST

• Galactic Citizen
  • \o/
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2007, 08:12:44 am »

• Found a bug with Radio and hotkeys.
    If you assign an hotkey to "next", it works well except that you can't skip the last song in Radio mode.
  • The bug with cover-art and album with the same name is still there.
  • And radio still strangely sticks to album="BO" (=OST) unless I press the skip button.

Jonas

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2007, 11:51:24 am »

On my computer the popups look fine, the way I'm used to seeing them. So possibly the problem is related to font settings on a particular computer. I'm running MC 12.0.403 on WinXP, Intel G595 chipset, ViewSonic VA2012w, 1680x1050, 32-bit color.

Do you use ClearType antialiasing?  If you use ordinary grayscale antialiasing this would not show up.  As you say I also suspect the degree of fuzziness would depend on the exact font and font size used in the popups, if this differs between different setups.

skeeterfood

• We're all just food for the skeeters.
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2007, 03:22:23 pm »

Small bug in Panes editing:
I wanted to update some of my People Tags to use the new \ separator
So, my People Pane looks like this
(All) <-- Selected
Alex
Alyssa
Anderson, Andy
Anderson, Ditkus

If I right-click on "Anderson, Andy" and select rename, it actually starts a rename on the (All) entry.  I have to first click on "Anderson, Andy", then right-click and select rename to get it to rename the correct field.

-John

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2007, 04:45:20 pm »

Is there a reason why I cannot burn a CD on a Client machine when using Library Server?
It says that there may be "insufficint rights" but I am admin on both machines so that does not make sense to me.
. . . the game is rigged

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2007, 06:16:22 pm »

• And radio still strangely sticks to album="BO" (=OST) unless I press the skip button.

Double-check the "Edit Radio Files..." button when you start radio playback.  Remove all rules to make everything eligible.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

rjm

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2007, 10:21:11 pm »

A cosmetic bug: The track info popup (that shows up when you hover over a track) is fuzzy.  If you magnify it, it looks like it uses the standard cleartype sub-pixel font rendering as it should, but then it converts the result to grayscale.  This is wrong, since Cleartype depends on being able to control individual subpixels (turning on specific combinations of red, green or blue subpixels on an LCD screen).

I reported this a few builds back. Glad someone else is seeing it.

<°)))))><

• Junior Woodchuck
  • looking fishy
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2007, 05:37:50 am »

Changing skins does not update the background appearance of panes.

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2007, 01:35:13 pm »

I don't know if this is a bug or a new feature (I sure hope it's a bug!), but the last few versions it hasn't worked to use shift + arrow or page up or down to select more than one items in a pane. When I work with tagging I have one pane where all the album names are, and then I check the name, track number and title in the list below. Often I have CD boxes ripped to "CSN CD 1", "CSN CD 2", "CSN CD 3" and "CSN CD 4". Then I want to mark both albums to create one long "CNS". But I can't click on the first and go shift+down three times, like before. The only way to mark more than one item in a pane is to click on the first and shift+click on the second. And I use the mouse as little as possible, I work four times as fast with a keyboard! It doesn't matter if it's Artist, Album, Filename or whatever's in the pane, or if there's more than one pane. As long as it's a pane I can't mark them like I used to. Has anybody else seen this?
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

albwasl

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2007, 02:32:53 pm »

Wayne.o

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2007, 04:25:08 pm »

Hi Jim,

I want to upgrade my Media Jukebox Plus 8.0.4 to the new Media Center 12 and take advantage of the $19.98 upgrade pricing.  However, even after I install Media Center 12 and choose the "Buy Media Center" option, I get the $39.98 price.  Is this because Media Center 12 does not recognize my "MediaJukebox7.rrg" registration file?  Is there something I can do to make it see it, although it looks like it only wants an "*.mrg" file?

Thank you for your help,

Wayne

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2007, 06:26:28 pm »

I want to upgrade my Media Jukebox Plus 8.0.4 to the new Media Center 12 and take advantage of the $19.98 upgrade pricing.  However, even after I install Media Center 12 and choose the "Buy Media Center" option, I get the $39.98 price.  Is this because Media Center 12 does not recognize my "MediaJukebox7.rrg" registration file?  Is there something I can do to make it see it, although it looks like it only wants an "*.mrg" file?

Hi Wayne, the upgrade price is only good for Media Jukebox 8 purchases. It sounds like you are using a Media Jukebox 7 license with Media Jukebox 8 (which is okay, but it doesn't qualify for the upgrade price).

j

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2007, 08:06:32 pm »

Tracks in Smartlists are out of order on the iPod.  Playlists are correct, but smartlists are not, and I cannot figure out ANY pattern to the way the tracks are sorted.  A lot of tracks are in the correct order, but many are not.

Larry

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2007, 09:51:30 am »

I didn't think smart lists work on the iPod at all.  Do they???

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2007, 05:26:46 pm »

I didn't think smart lists work on the iPod at all.  Do they???

Smartlists still work to manage which files will transfer over to the iPod (I've been using them in MC for this task for years now), but you can't use them to actually "navigate" on the iPod since they're not sorted correctly.

UPDATE:  The 404 notes indicate that this issue has been fixed.  I won't be able to test it until later -- I'll report back after I do.

Larry

goose2

• World Citizen
Re: Media Center 12.0.403, some odd behavior
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2008, 11:56:04 am »

Since installing 400 and now 403, a couple of quirks have appeared.: The little icons at top right for minimize, small screen/full screen and close are acting inconsistantly. I only get the "double rectangle" icon whether or not I am at full screen. Pretty inconsequential, I know, but odd nonetheless. The other problem is that when using this forum with the built-in browser, I sometimes get a message "requires an internet connection".....and am apparently disconnected as no amount of fiddling will get me back to the forum. If I re-start MC, things are back to normal again...until I try to view the same particular messages, then it happens again. This occurrs on a very small percentage of messages but always on the same ones. This is not really a big deal either, but annoying if I'm using the "view messages since your last visit" feature because next time it thinks I have viewed them all. All this does not happen if I go to the forum via Firefox.

matt-uk

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2008, 12:48:08 pm »

Has the "download in progress" on shutting down MC been removed?
Pages: [1]   Go Up