INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Importing iTunes Database ??  (Read 856 times)

ubernode54

• Junior Woodchuck
Importing iTunes Database ??
« on: January 06, 2008, 01:29:18 am »

I did a search for 'itunes database' and 'import itunes' and came up with nothing.

Is there a way to import my current iTunes database and all that's involved there? More appropriately, I'd like to convince a friend of mine to convert to MC12 if possible. But that would involve a lot of work if he can't do this. i.e. He has playlists and particular songs that he has synced between iTunes and his iPod. It'd be nice if MC12 could make the transition as seamless as possible.

Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Importing iTunes Database ??
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 06:55:22 am »

MC12 will import iTunes playlists.  I believe you have to check the filetype in the import dialog.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 07:32:29 am »

In iTunes you can export the library and the playlists in XML format.

An exported library file (e.g. Library.xml) contains all files and it can be used for adding the files quickly to MC's library.

Also the static iTunes playlists can be exported in XML format. Unfortunately iTunes cannot export all playlists at once so each list must be saved separately.

A quick option to import an XML playlist is the File > Import Playlist... feature. The imported playlist will appear under the "Playlists/Imported Playlists" tree branch in MC12.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

ubernode54

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2008, 08:53:27 am »

Thanks. I'll give that a go.
Pages: [1]   Go Up