INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sansa 2GB Clip- Anyone get Playlists working? MTP or MSC  (Read 6859 times)

Robo983

• World Citizen
Sansa 2GB Clip- Anyone get Playlists working? MTP or MSC
« on: January 10, 2008, 11:12:07 pm »

I hope someone else got this working. I really think this thing has the potential for an IPOD killer. It is very cool device but as usual Sansa/Sandisk can't seem to quit trying to suck up to M$ and their POS MP11....

I am on MC 404 and Sansa Software 18A. Music transfers and plays fine. All tags seem to work so no problems there. The playlists transfer fine and show up in the player but clicking on them produces no result. That is MTP mode. One thing I did notice is that the playlists do not have the PLA extention. Even adding that doesn't fix it. If I select the playlist file in explorer it will display the list of songs that should be playing.

Over on the Sansa site there was some direction on using MSC mode and M3U playlists....ok cool I can use MSC and MC to sync. Unfortunately this doesn't work either. I have placed M3U in the root as specified in the directions and then in a Playlist Folder with relative path and full path with-out the drive letter. I get a dot on both ends of the screen and nothing plays. Those instructions were for software that creates extended M3U playlist. MC to my knowledge doesn't give us that option but I assume that is why the MSC procedure is failing for me.

I use MC to sync my kids Sansa m230 with no problems on Playlists as long as I stay in MTP mode. One of the reasons I am so happy with MC.

Anyone get this working? Any chance of MC outputing an extended relative path M3U playlist? Not having the ability to output extended M3Us has caused me problems before. I had to abondon that software because I thought MC was worth it...if the Clip has to go back to the store just want to know now before my time runs out.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Sansa 2GB Clip- Anyone get Playlists working? MTP or MSC
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 07:48:55 am »

If you want to work with us, we can probably get it going.

Robo983

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 08:55:09 am »

Abolutely, and thanks for the offer! I planned to do a little more testing today with the dreaded MP11 and add some extenend M3U text to my playlist just to make sure it isn't the player. I got to thinking after my post that the 18A load is new so Sansa could have broke something.

Let me know what I need to do. I just bought it yesterday at Best Buy so I have I think 7-15 days to return.

SwellGuy

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 09:45:48 am »

Can you turn on logging (in the Help menu, log to a file, only log Handheld events), exit MC, wait until the Clip shows up in MC and then email me the log (rick at jriver dot com). Also, if you could send me a simple playlist from the Clip that does work we should be able to get them working.

Aaaardvark

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 05:09:34 am »

I'm also really hoping for support for the Sana Clip! If you implement that, you will have at least one more customer :)
It is killing me to have to use WMP to sync my player, but for now that is is my only option.

Robo983

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 10:01:15 am »

I have sent the requested info to SwellGuy late last week and I am confident he will get it working. I just loaded MC12 V410 and same results. I do not have any problems syncing with MC I can't imagine using WP to sync this thing since WP likes to jumble my genres up...cant trust it with my library and tags. I do not use playlists much and can play most of what I want how I want so I may keep it either way. It is such a cool little player with great sound I have grown attached to it and am going to have a hard time parting with it for this one issue.

Aaaardvark

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2008, 01:32:54 pm »

There are actually ways around this, if you dont mind a bit of hassle. Create your playlist in MC, drag it into winamp, and from winamp choose 'save playlist'. Save it to the root directory on the sansa clip. It should should work fine. However, I want to sync my smartlists to the clip automatically when I connect it, and I dont want to use lots of different software just to listen to my podcasts and music....

SwellGuy

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2008, 05:04:39 pm »

Playlists on the Sansa Clip and the e200 series players in MSC mode has been fixed in build MC 12.0.415 and MJ 12.0.24. We hope to promote these builds to the public within a day or two.

We are still evaluating playlist support in MTP mode for these players.

Robo983

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2008, 09:46:26 am »

Thanks SwellGuy! I tested the 415 and it worked for me both in MTP and MSC mode. I'll watch to see the official post and check to see if the free player works. It think those over there at the Sansa formum will be glad of an alternative to WMP11.
Pages: [1]   Go Up