INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.475  (Read 4586 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 12.0.475
« on: April 12, 2008, 09:02:08 am »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120475.exe

12.0.475 (4/11/2008)

1. Fixed: Opening the handheld action window, then dropping items on a handheld in the tree would not update the Action Window.
2. Fixed: Wait messages could contain truncated text.
3. NEW: DirectShow video playback properties "Aspect Ratio" and "Zoom level" are saved in database (in "Playback Info" field).
4. Changed: Image editor rotation uses the toolbox like other tools, and adds 3D rotation.
5. NEW: Added white balance system to image editor -- can get white point from image, or be adjusted with parameters. (saved parametrically)
6. Fixed: Thumbnails view was creating (and destroying) stack icons on every draw of every stack thumbnail.
7. Updated: Dcraw updated to 8.85.
8. NEW: Recommendation page now shows cover art and tracks can be double-clicked to directly play 30 second samples from Amazon.
9. Changed: Text stamp tool in image editor is parametric, so that it can be saved in the library more efficiently.

12.0.474 (4/10/2008)

1. Changed: When expanding thumbnail sizes, the view will center on the selected item if it's visible instead of the center of the viewport.
2. NEW: Clicking the stack icon (when in thumbnail view) will expand or collapse the stack.
3. NEW: Clicking the stack icon column (anywhere in that column) when in details view will expand or collapse the stack.
4. NEW: Can use [Alternate Settings] token in "Customize Display..." of the player text display. ( example: If([Alternate Settings], Alternate, Normal) )
5. Changed: Audio Analyzer will no longer process Audible files.
6. Fixed: Bitstream errors in old APE files (v3.92 or earlier) could cause a crash.
7. Changed: If an input plugin encounters an unhandled error during decoding, the player may be able to catch it and treat it like an end-of-file instead of crashing.
8. NEW: Recommendation page (Services & Plug-ins/Suggestions) now has links to Amazon pages (if they exist) for preview and purchase.
9. Fixed: Jpeg files; keywords didn't get removed from XMP tags (so they reappeared).
10. NEW: Image editor saves changes to the library and doesn't alter the physical disk file.  Open the editor again to undo / redo.  Use "Save File..." to save a physical disk file.
11. NEW: Added USM sharpening to the image editor.
12: NEW: Revised how the image editor toolbox and history is presented.

12.0.473 (4/9/2008)

1. Changed: After an automatic cover art lookup failure or background audio analysis failure, the player will wait one year to try again instead of thirty days.
2. Changed: The "Get Cover Art" dialog works in batches of albums when doing large lookups.
3. Changed: Slight modifications to how the /NoAssociations installer switch works. (shows page with nothing selected on a fresh install, but can still associate with user selections)

12.0.472 (4/9/2008)

1. Fixed: Access violation in DX video player engine.
2. Changed: Reversed a previous change of using VMR9' "YUV Mixing Mode" for Hauppauge WinTV PRV analog TV devices (and other TV devices using hardware MPEG2 compression). The "YUV Mixing Mode" caused video problem when displaying video on secondary monitor.
3. Changed: Making changes to the Playing Now list using the SDK will update the Playing Now view.
4. Changed: Some stack menu items removed if the selection is not appropriate.
5. Changed: Default for show stack icon is now on.
6. Changed: Stack Icon column for details view is added to the default list.  (Blue stack == collapsed stack.  Red top == expanded stack top.  Red Middle == expanded stack member.)
7. NEW: When copying files to the clipboard, the files will also be added as a format that can be pasted to Explorer for file copying. (text, CSV text, and image still also added to clipboard)
8. Fixed: Restore button (added in build 470) for TV channels did not work.
9. Changed: We automatically convert the old HH Cache to a HH Stack.  (If we have not already done so or given the user the opportunity to do so.)
10. Fixed: Double ampersands (&&) could get drawn in some menus.
11. Fixed: Aspect ratio of images on certain iPods was not correct.
12. Fixed: EXIF rotation would not be honored on an iPod.
13. NEW: Added Sweden DVB-T frequency table.
14. Fixed: In-place editing in the lists was incorrectly possible in the get cover art dialog.
15. Changed: When leaving a library view, tagging mode is switched off instead of staying on for the duration of the session.
16. Changed: Renamed "Tagging Mode" to "Pane Tagging".
17. Fixed: Photo thumbnails show up correctly on an iPod but clicking on them shows a blank screen.
18. Changed: Scheduled TV recording now respects the name entered by user on Media Scheduler.
19. Changed: Reworked how circular smartlist references are handled to fix a few corner case issues.
20. Fixed: A shell-extension import could fail with a warning message if any auto-import tasks were running in the background.
21. Fixed: When playing audio using Wave Out, the volume control would not always control the correct line if the "Default" line was used instead of a specific line.
22. Fixed: Image editor status bar was not working.
23. Changed: Image editor displays zoom level as a percentage instead of a ratio (like regular image playback).
24. Changed: Image editor uses standard zoom stops when zooming in or out. (i.e. 15%, 20%, 30%, 40%, etc.)
25. Fixed: Image editor did not correctly handle coordinates when an image was fully zoomed out, causing strange tool behavior.
26. Fixed: Image editor could draw a border on and image that was the wrong color.
27. Fixed: Revised how image editor renders the screen to be more efficient.
28. Changed: Silent cover art submission (if enabled in options) only submits files between (100x100 to 1250x1250, and less than 500kb).
29. Fixed: When pasting a cover art change to files as image data instead of from a URL the change would not be submitted to YADB.
30. Changed: When manual cover art submission finishes, it shows a statusbar message but no popup message.
31. Updated: Stack icons.
32. Fixed: Ipod transfer was not working under vista when run as a normal user.
33. Changed: Tweaks to how likely radio playback is to repeat a song.

12.0.471 (internal release)

12.0.470 (4/4/2008)

1. Changed: Default for show stack icon is now off.
2. Fixed: Arrow buttons did not work when playing DVD "extra features" that require user interaction.
3. NEW: Added "DVD Menu" to OSD menu.
4. NEW: Stack Icon column available for details view.  (Not by default.  It is in the column list.  Better artwork in future builds.)
5. Changed: Digital TV channels' registry location is changed. This should be transparent to users.
6. NEW: Backup and Restore buttons on TV Channels property page, to backup TV channels to a disk file, and to restore them from the disk file.
7. NEW: The handheld conversion cache stack will save video conversions.

12.0.469 (4/2/2008)

1. Changed: Grouping file items no longer draw a stack overlay.
2. Changed: Stack right click submenu only appears when viewing a file.
3. Fixed: Remapped field names for iTunes playlist importing.
4. Fixed: User's choice of not using JRiver Audio Renderer for DirectShow playback of Wav files was not honored.
5. Changed: If stacks are used as the handheld cache any stacked mp3 file will be used if none is found under the stack directory.
6. NEW: Filters from "DMO Audio Effect" and "DMO Video Effect" categories are added to the list of transform filters for DirectShow playback.
7. NEW: Added "build cache" option to the handheld cache options.  (Only builds audio files.)
8. Fixed: Double ampersand's (&&) appearing in phrases throughout MC.
9. Fixed: MC could use old iPod image specifications after the firmware is updated by iTunes.
10. Fixed: MC's iPod firmware update utility could report the wrong current firmware version.
11. Fixed: Recommendation system was garbling non-Latin characters in the returned information. Tracks in the database are ok.
12. Changed: For Hauppauge WinTV PVR 150 (and some other TV device with hardware compression to MPEG-2), Legacy Video Renderer is used for time-shifting instead of VMR9 if user chooses to use software compression filters (i.e. not using MPEG-2). This solves the problem of bad video when using DivX compressor.
13. NEW: (Experimental, may not work and may be removed) Hauppauge WinTV HVR 1600 can record/time-shift using a software compressor.
14. Fixed: Initialize iPod was not working for the iPhone and iPod Touch.

12.0.468 (3/31/2008)

1. Fixed: Get Cover Art could draw incorrectly when resizing.
2. Changed: Revised how searching works for the files list below artists, albums, etc. in the library.
3. Fixed: Searching could steal the focus from the search box in some library views.
4. Changed: Show Stacks on view menu changed to Show Fanned Thumbnails.
5. NEW: Show Stack Indicator on Thumbnail option added to view.
6. Changed: In Get Cover Art, renamed "Existing" to "Your library".
7. Fixed: MC always wants to resync photos on iPods (introduced in 12.0.467).
8. Fixed: Tooltips could incorrectly appear when a right-click menu was showing.
9. Fixed: Keyboard navigation would not work nicely around grouping items in lists.
10. Fixed: Maximized windows could fail to render the two right-most pixels.
11. Changed: Rename Files From Properties dialog preview can handle hundreds of thousands of files without slowing the dialog down.
12. NEW: Added a full-size preview tooltip to the Get Cover Art results.
13. Changed: TV does not allow seeking / jumping to within 2 seconds of the live time.
14. Changed: Pane headers better resize to accomodate large fonts.
15. Fixed: Options dialog page picker could use incorrect colors for some skins.
16. Fixed: The "Alt" key would not properly draw underlines in a menu.

pank2002

Re: Media Center 12.0.475
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 09:33:04 am »

2. NEW: Clicking the stack icon (when in thumbnail view) will expand or collapse the stack.
3. NEW: Clicking the stack icon column (anywhere in that column) when in details view will expand or collapse the stack.
Wuhu! This will definitely make stacks more useful.
Music is life... the rest is details.
Here is a security related website: secubi.dk

steveklein

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 01:32:40 pm »

I was upgrading from an older version like .450 i believe and i got this new .475 version and it is awesome! i think part of it is vista service pack 1, but i love everything about media center all over again. performance is great, and i love other new features i'm seeing, like the new cover art grabber. i can see what it is doing. finally!

great work guys.

Crispin Crunch

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 03:04:54 pm »

On a positive note, it looks like now MC tries to restart my iPhone once it has finished syncing content.  However, this procedure still causes MC to crash and the files are not actually moved to the iPhone. 

On a related note when I transferred some files to an external Seagate drive yesterday, MC froze once the transfer had "Finished".  MC had to be closed thru the End Task function.  On the upside, the files were successfully copied to the Seagate drive.

Should I email the log file to anybody?
reprazentin\\\' fo da MC

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008, 03:34:46 pm »

Should I email the log file to anybody?

Please send a copy to matt at jriver dot com.

Thanks.

Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2008, 06:48:58 pm »

Is anyone else having problems with MC and FLAC files?

i.e.:

flac files that check as OK in FLACTester but MC does not "see", import, or play?
(while foobar can play them)

flac files that were updated/tagged with MC that now show zero bytes?
(and confirmed as zero bytes outside of MC)

?

. . . the game is rigged

chris_barnard@hotmail.com

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2008, 01:52:31 am »

HI Guys,
I have been using MC for a few years now as it not only had all the functions I wanted but the bonus for me was that it would play my 24bit 192k wav files which I create from my Vinyl collection.
Sadly upgrading from 450 to the latest 471 now plays those files at half speed :( :( :(
Does anyone know what happened??? can we fix it.
I have had to uninstall and go back to an older version 233 which works, so I would appreciate your help.

Cheers

Chris

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2008, 03:55:36 am »

I have been using MC for a few years now as it not only had all the functions I wanted but the bonus for me was that it would play my 24bit 192k wav files which I create from my Vinyl collection.
Sadly upgrading from 450 to the latest 471 now plays those files at half speed :( :( :(
Does anyone know what happened??? can we fix it.
I have had to uninstall and go back to an older version 233 which works, so I would appreciate your help.

192 kHz works for me. I tried some 24/192 WAV and FLAC test samples.

Most likely the new build used the Direct Show decoding option and the DS filters in your system were unable to handle 192 kHz correctly.

Disable the following setting if it is enabled:
Tools > Options > Playback > Video > DirectShow Playback Options > DirecShow Filters > File Types > wav

You may have had it enabled for a long time, but I think the setting wasn't really doing anything until it was fixed a few builds ago.

I wonder what is the default setting. In my opinion it should be disabled since MC has its own decoder for standard PCM wave files.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2008, 07:01:27 am »

HI Guys,
Sadly upgrading from 450 to the latest 471 now plays those files at half speed
You're posting in the 475 build thread.  Did you try it?

Please start a new thread on the problem.  It is probably DirectShow related.  Read the recent histories for each build and I think you'll find it.

Slope

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2008, 12:17:51 pm »

Suggestion:

Wouldn't it be nice if you were able to access the play, stop & skip buttons if you have the "rename files from properties" or "get cover art from scanner" dialogue opened? They light up if touched by the cursor but they don't react on clicking.

Slope

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2008, 12:35:01 pm »

Minibug:

Something really minor, but I thought you might wanna know.

Rename Files from properties window: If you select a field value "[name]" with your mouse so that is is high-lit in blue, rightclick and insert another field, this field will be inserted at the end of the expression instead of in the marked area.

Vista Home Premium
Build 475

Twit

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2008, 10:58:28 pm »

Hi all,

I'm seeing alot of menu problems and 'paste into the search box' problems with the last couple of builds.

Let me explain a little:

About once a month I scour the Top 40 lists of various web sites and then check if I have the song in MC.
I usually just copy/paste from the website into MC's search box.
After a number of pastes using ctrl+V (not sure exactly) but at least 6 the pasting is not working anymore.
I double check it by pasting it into notepad which works OK.
At this point if I click on any MC top menu is flashes open only for an instant. So I can't actually get to file/exit.
I close MC using taskmanager and restart it and everything is OK for a couple of paste's again.

I have noticed that when copy/pasting from websites the copy picks up alot of 'spaces' and it is always on one of these that I have the problem. However if I try a test in notepad and use 50 spaces with 'Maroon 5', it pastes no problem.

I actually had the windows start menu do this for a brief period yesterday, almost as if MC was trying to be foreground.

Later
Simon

lyknoader

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2008, 08:43:20 am »

hello  ;D 1st time to try this app and i have a little annoyance with this build. whenever i start to play video files from theater view, the taskbar keeps popping above the video thus i cant control the player with the remote since the taskbar is on top of the player!  :'(

http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/623/taskbarel7.jpg

has anyone encounter this annoyance? im using xp sp2! you may notice the alienware theme and may think this is causing the issue but no it doesn't. i tried the classic look theme and it is still has the problem!

any work around for this?  ?

thanks

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2008, 10:06:14 am »

hello  ;D 1st time to try this app and i have a little annoyance with this build. whenever i start to play video files from theater view, the taskbar keeps popping above the video thus i cant control the player with the remote since the taskbar is on top of the player!  :'(

has anyone encounter this annoyance? im using xp sp2! you may notice the alienware theme and may think this is causing the issue but no it doesn't. i tried the classic look theme and it is still has the problem!

any work around for this?  ?

thanks
lyknoader
Questions should be in a different thread with a topic that describes the problem.  This thread is for certain bug reports.

Normally, the window should be always on top.  Something else may be competing.  It looks like Firefox is trying to always be on top.

pank2002

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2008, 03:33:34 pm »

The new stack icons in detailed view works great. However, there should be an one-click-option to expand all stacks. This could be a toolbar icon or similar.
Here is an example from my library:
 I need to find a given note from some course, say microeconomics. When I go to my microeconomics all entries are stacked. Unfortunately, professors tend to use PowerPoint which result in their slides being larger than my pdf files. Thus, the slides are shown rather than my notes. In this case there are two possible solutions. One would be to be able to specify that Author=Rasmus is the best, and should always be on top. The other would be an expand all stacks in a single click. I think both options should be implied in time.

Also, in stacks I would like sort this way:
"slaves" should be shown below the "master", not above, as it seems to do in some cases. In my opinion it should sort like this:
[master 1]
  [slave Alpha]
  [slave Beta]
[master 2]
  [slave Alpha]
  [slave Beta]
I do not think I can sort like this at the moment.

Cheers,
Rasmus
Music is life... the rest is details.
Here is a security related website: secubi.dk

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2008, 04:47:29 pm »

1)- MC's (and MJ's) Artist Info has been an issue for me:

When used from the upper toolbar, AMG brings up 'garbage' apparently due to syntax non-interoperability,
on a search for "Jefferson Airplane - Long John Silver" AMG shows a search for:

JEFFERSON AIRPLANE-AD-ALBUM=LONG JOHN SILVER-AD-TITLE=EASTER

which does not bring up the Artist at AMG, but rather brings up a bunch of other stuff
Please look at this as I find it is much easier to tag [Styles] from AMG using a seperate browser, thus the need for the upper toolbar "Artist Info" usage.

2)- Scrolling the filelist using mousewheel while sync'ing "handheld" using conversion (actually a hard drive designated as a handheld) causes MC to freeze up needing to be forced closed.
This also seems to require running an import after the freeze otherwise it will erroneously report that "device is fully sync'ed".
. . . the game is rigged

Slope

• Recent member
Re: Media Center 12.0.475 (Problem with multi-artist album recognition)
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2008, 09:33:43 pm »

Hey,

I encountered a problem with the 'album type function'. Not until I removed the * out of one tracks artist name (the artist is called Si*Sé) did MC recognise the album as one complete piece rather than separate tracks.

All files in same folder
No other files in same folder
Same Album Name

Vista Home Premium
Intel Core 2 Duo (2 x 1,73)
Build 475

I know it's a minor problem, but I just thought I let you know.

Have a good one,

Slope

eso

• World Citizen
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2008, 02:47:53 am »

I just synchronized a new 8GB iPod Touch with build 475. It transferred the 5GB of MP3 files without problems and quite fast. But I noticed that although the album view shows the correct cover images the cover display on the track/playback view remains empty. The files have the cover stored inside the ID3 tag.

dcwebman

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2008, 07:26:51 am »

The new stack icons in detailed view works great. However, there should be an one-click-option to expand all stacks. This could be a toolbar icon or similar.
Here is an example from my library:
 I need to find a given note from some course, say microeconomics. When I go to my microeconomics all entries are stacked. Unfortunately, professors tend to use PowerPoint which result in their slides being larger than my pdf files. Thus, the slides are shown rather than my notes. In this case there are two possible solutions. One would be to be able to specify that Author=Rasmus is the best, and should always be on top. The other would be an expand all stacks in a single click. I think both options should be implied in time.
If you're in Pane view, when hovering over the word Pane the menu option Options - Expand Stacks will expand all stacks in a single click.
Jeff
Pages: [1]   Go Up