INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.495  (Read 4470 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 12.0.495
« on: May 09, 2008, 08:25:19 am »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120495.exe

12.0.495 (5/8/2008)

1. Optimized: Grouping library fields for panes, tile views, etc. is faster.
2. Optimized: Sorting library field groupings uses multiple threads, improving performance on multi-core systems.
3. Fixed: Default list values weren't working correctly in Smartlists.
4. Changed: Added 8x10, 11x14, and 12x18 printing formats to the print wizard. (large formats only show up for large format printers)

12.0.494 (5/7/2008)

1. Fixed: Theater View weather was not working.
2. Changed: Theater View weather shows external links at the bottom of the forecast list. (required by Weather.com license)
3. Fixed: Videos not getting imported (acquired) from some cameras.
4. Optimized: Picking a pane value no longer updates panes to the left. (only applies when bidirectional filtering is disabled)
5. Optimized: Improved how panes query the database to reduce the number of searches run.
6. Optimized: Panes use less memory.
7. Fixed: Smartlist editor would not work nicely with fields that had more than 100,000 choices.
8. Optimized: Grouping library fields (panes, tile views, etc.) is faster.

12.0.493 (5/6/2008)

1. Fixed: TWAIN scanning was not working properly (previous build or two only).
2. Optimized: Panes with many items fill and refresh much faster.
3. Fixed: Edit Image changes were not being applied to pix01 galleries.
4. Fixed: (Hopefully fixed) When switching digital TV channel immediately after starting another channel, MC would sometimes behave strangely.
5. Changed: On the right click menu.  Play and Add to Playing Now will not honor position.  Creating a stack will honor the position.
6. NEW: Added option to ignore (and not ignore) leading articles (a, an & the) in artist names when transferred to an iPod.
7. Fixed: Tab controls could obscure internal controls.
8. Fixed: Thumbnails could be erroneously reset during thumbnail database compacting.
9. Fixed: Using the /SilentImport command when the program was not running could cause a crash.
10. Changed: When drawing multiline text, if all the lines can't be rendered, a ... will be added to the end of the last line.
11. Fixed: Some Action Window text would not truncate properly when the window was too small to display it all.

JONCAT

Re: Media Center 12.0.495
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 07:42:26 pm »

With multiple tabs open, I'm observing lockups of MC for about 10 seconds where the title bar duration and VU meters freeze while playback continues. I went to adjust the Tile size by a small, one click increment and this was the result. Seeing this lag over the last few builds when switching between tabs and adjusting thumb size.

DC

Media Center 12.0.495 Registered -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Core 2 3006 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 2095 MB, Free - 942 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.5730.13 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E: PLEXTOR DVDR   PX-716AL   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive Q: LITE-ON DVDRW SHW-1635S   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive S: _NEC    DVD+-RW ND-3450A  Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive E: PLEXTOR  DVDR   PX-716AL    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive Q: LITE-ON  DVDRW SHW-1635S    Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive S: _NEC     DVD+-RW ND-3450A   Addr: 2:1:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Interface Plugins:
  last.fm
  Library Server (Active)
  TiVo Server
  UPnP Server
  Data Master
  Playing Now (Active)

JONCAT

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 07:47:15 pm »

If a scheme is set to sort Album Artist (auto), the alphabet seems to sync with the name of the tile which I don't even have listed in the text options. Shouldn't the sorting and alphabet work together? Seems like a bug to me.

DC

tombert

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 02:02:30 am »

Even with 1 thread only the Audio Analysis crashes ... but this time after 350 files, all mp3s around 192 kbps.

thx

Psyffer23

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2008, 07:30:26 am »

I'm having problems with smartlists.  Whenever  I create a "custom" rule, you know insert an "or" say, like genre = Hip-Hop OR Funk, the rule won't save.  I can create the smartlist and save it and that works but, if I reopen the smartlist for editing the "or" disapears and if I close the edit window all the files are gone. I am kind of afraid to open any Smartlists for fear of losing the info.  Also, my Zen won't sync since the database update in v492.  MC recognizes the Zen and sees all the files on in but, it says the Zen is empty and wants to recopy (i.e. duplicate all the files on it).  I am currently running v495.  I tried reinstalling an older vers of MC to solve these issues but, since the database upgrade, I can only go back as far as v492 because of database compatibility.  And, these problems exist in 492 and later builds.

Psyffer23

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2008, 07:35:51 am »

Oh, and is anybody else seeing this:  for the last couple of upgrades, video won't "Stop"  I tried to hit the stop button and then delete a video file and got a bad crash (blue screen in one build, I'm not sure which one). Even if MC is not playing a vid file - it is not showing in play me now - the little "playing" icon shows on the file until you play another file.  Hope this makes sense.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2008, 07:47:14 am »

Oh, and is anybody else seeing this:  for the last couple of upgrades, video won't "Stop"  I tried to hit the stop button and then delete a video file and got a bad crash (blue screen in one build, I'm not sure which one). Even if MC is not playing a vid file - it is not showing in play me now - the little "playing" icon shows on the file until you play another file.  Hope this makes sense.
What file type and how are you playing it?  DirectShow?  Please start a thread and provide any details you can.

Uwe

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2008, 11:16:10 am »

"11. Fixed: Some Action Window text would not truncate properly when the window was too small to display it all."

No, unfortunately not.
The Action Window Text which displays the Description Text from Podcasts is not shown correctly. Left and right size of the text box is outside the displayed window.
MC 12.0.495

MusicHawk

.495 crashed when I tried to open MC's Help.
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2008, 11:29:49 am »

I had rebooted the computer last night, as a periodic "let's start fresh". Then in MC 12.0.495 I ran a huge rename from properties to files, more than 50,000 records affected.

Then this morning, MC still open, I decided to read Help on Library Sync, since the Wiki doesn't delve into this. When I clicked Help, I got an error, "not enough memory". When I closed the error message, MC crashed with a complex hex address error.

What was using all my memory? Nothing unusual. The PC (rebooted last night) was running MC 12.0.495 client and server (and it was serving to another client on my LAN), plus Firefox and SyncBack (background, not running), and Norton Internet Security. These are ALWAYS open on this PC, and usually there's more open such as xplorer2. But with this "normal" state I've never before had this error/crash.

I wonder if the large file renaming process of last night consumed memory in MC that didn't get released? I could suspect the same about SyncBack, which later copied all the changed files to a backup drive, but it's always running and has done this process several times recently without problems. Another suspect is corruption of the Help file, presumably reinstalled yesterday with .495.

I rebooted the computer, restarted everything, and was able to read MC's Help without problem.
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2008, 11:52:12 am »

Adding images (cover art files) to Playing Now with the audio files causes MC to stop playback when it reaches an image file, until manually advanced.
. . . the game is rigged

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2008, 02:03:34 pm »

I can't duplicate this.  It's not likely to be an MC problem.   Virus checkers can do some pretty nasty things.  So can a bad DirectShow filter.   Please start a new thread if you want help.

carbo

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2008, 05:15:34 am »

2 small bugs (not directly related to 495):

- play music using radio.
now display some images during the first song.
exit image display
> at the end of the song, Radio stops. It seems the zone change makes MC forget that it is in radio mode.

- Stack some images.
with stack collapsed, rotate the stack
if you expand the stack you can see 2 things:
> only the first image has been rotated
> all images have the same thumbnails (the first image rotated)

Guillaume

Psyffer23

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2008, 09:54:27 am »

What file type and how are you playing it?  DirectShow?  Please start a thread and provide any details you can.

Actually, this is not just a video problem. It happens to all files and is probably by design.  As long as I don't try to delete the file MC has as the "Now Playing" file, there are no problems. 

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2008, 10:08:31 am »

MC will at times place an INFORMATION window behind the main interface, causing MC to appear frozen.
Unfortunately the Information window will not come to the front when clicking it on the Windows Taskbar and MC cannot be minimized to reach the Information window to close it. Right-click on the Info Window's Taskbar node and selecting CLOSE crashed MC so I do not know which Info it was, but there is no other way around it.

I continue to get duplicate files when Sync'ing to a (hard-drive as a) Handheld. The duplicate files are created with a (1) at the end.
What parameters does MC use to determine if the file elready exists on the Handheld? Could updating or editing the tags on the files on the handheld cause MC not to see them as the same file?
If so, which Tags?

MC continues to use only 1-3% of available CPU while acting unresponsive during folder-reading (under My Computer in tree), tag updating, and other operations, at times to the point of being unable to continue playback.
. . . the game is rigged

tboy34

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Tim
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2008, 12:19:21 pm »

This is exactly the problem I'm having when I burn a disc. This happens the disc is closing at the end. It jsut pauses and nothing happens. Is anyone working to solve this problem? It seems really big for me.

MC will at times place an INFORMATION window behind the main interface, causing MC to appear frozen.
Unfortunately the Information window will not come to the front when clicking it on the Windows Taskbar and MC cannot be minimized to reach the Information window to close it. Right-click on the Info Window's Taskbar node and selecting CLOSE crashed MC so I do not know which Info it was, but there is no other way around it.

I continue to get duplicate files when Sync'ing to a (hard-drive as a) Handheld. The duplicate files are created with a (1) at the end.
What parameters does MC use to determine if the file elready exists on the Handheld? Could updating or editing the tags on the files on the handheld cause MC not to see them as the same file?
If so, which Tags?

MC continues to use only 1-3% of available CPU while acting unresponsive during folder-reading (under My Computer in tree), tag updating, and other operations, at times to the point of being unable to continue playback.
tvk

SwellGuy

« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2008, 12:11:54 pm »

MC matches files based on the following:

Image Files
Name+File Size

Audio Files
Name+Artist+Album+Genre+Track #+Media Type

If any of these things change in MC or on the "handheld" they will no longer match.

SwellGuy

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2008, 12:14:03 pm »

I'm having problems with smartlists.  Whenever  I create a "custom" rule, you know insert an "or" say, like genre = Hip-Hop OR Funk, the rule won't save.  I can create the smartlist and save it and that works but, if I reopen the smartlist for editing the "or" disapears and if I close the edit window all the files are gone. I am kind of afraid to open any Smartlists for fear of losing the info.  Also, my Zen won't sync since the database update in v492.  MC recognizes the Zen and sees all the files on in but, it says the Zen is empty and wants to recopy (i.e. duplicate all the files on it).  I am currently running v495.  I tried reinstalling an older vers of MC to solve these issues but, since the database upgrade, I can only go back as far as v492 because of database compatibility.  And, these problems exist in 492 and later builds.

Please post the Smartlist rules and I will take a look...

Instead of custom rules you should try using the Smartlist editor's new OR () and AND [] bracket conventions.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2008, 12:56:07 pm »

This is exactly the problem I'm having when I burn a disc. This happens the disc is closing at the end. It jsut pauses and nothing happens. Is anyone working to solve this problem? It seems really big for me.

We haven't been able to reproduce this.  Please send a log to johnt at jriver dot com.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Psyffer23

• World Citizen
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2008, 05:37:53 pm »

Instead of custom rules you should try using the Smartlist editor's new OR () and AND [] bracket conventions.

OK, Thanks, Swell guy, I was able to get the rules to stick using the bracket conventions.  I gotta say, it was not at all obvious how to apply these but, now that I (more or, less) have the system figured out, it will work well enough.    Thanks again.

JONCAT

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2008, 08:43:19 am »

Tagging video files in Pane mode caused a lockup for me; I believe from looking at the log that MC was trying to build a thumb for the same files by sending to the renderer. The system just locked up after I chose "Paste from internet location..." and I never received the "you are tagging a lot of files" msg. A conflict between the temp image  file and MC trying to build a thumb...

I'd also like to report that it seems as though MC is still trying build thumbs via the renderer for files that have a custom image pasted to them. I finished a batch of pastes and about 50% of the files weren't tagged; some started to show up, but MC seemed to be sending the very same files to the renderer for thumb generation.

DC

JONCAT

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2008, 09:13:36 am »

I'm tagging video files with custom images and not all the files are getting tagged. Some are showing up after a LONG delay. Please note that there is something seriously wrong here.  I also see MC building thumbs for files that I don't currently have in view (this same duration of 30sec for the next file in the log):

0308375: 3336: SDK: CMJPlaybackAutomation::~CMJPlaybackAutomation: Global Count: 0
0308625: 5352: General: RunProgram: Timeout
0308625: 5352: General: RunProgram: Done waiting
0308625: 5352: General: RunProgram: Finish (30500 ms)
0308625: 5352: General: CThumbnailCacheInfo::CreateThumbnailUsingCommandLineGrabber: Result: -1 (0 is success)
0308625: 5352: General: CThumbnailCacheInfo::CreateThumbnailUsingCommandLineGrabber: Finish (30500 ms)
0308625: 5352: Database: CThumbnailsDatabase::AddThumbnail: Start
0308625: 5352: Database: CThumbnailsDatabase::AddThumbnail: Finish (0 ms)
0308625: 5352: General: CThumbnailCacheInfo::CreateThumbnail: Finish (30500 ms)
0308625: 5352: Database: Thumbnail Thread (INTERNAL - V:\Video Archive\xcxcxxcxc\xcxcxcxcxc- Season 4\own.avi): Finish (30500 ms)
0308672: 4124: Database: Thumbnail Thread (): Start

I sat here for about 7 minutes and MC was in a Tile mode where all thumbs for a group of files were built, the file pane below showed all the individual file thumbs, all of which were built. These four attempts to build thumbs locked down my PC for the 7 :

1586297: 4856: Database: CMediaFileIOSave::Load: Saving: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\J River\Media Center 12\Library\mediafiles.jmd
1586297: 4856: Database: CMediaFileIOSave::Load: Saving: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\J River\Media Center 12\Thumbnails\{D0B71506-FD36-4CD2-9E4E-76BBD050A290}\Normal (v3)\field (thumbnail offset small).jmd
1586313: 4856: Database: CDataHolder::Save: Field: Thumbnail Offset Small; Elapsed ms: 13.106
1586313: 4856: Database: CMediaFileIOSave::Load: Saving: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\J River\Media Center 12\Thumbnails\{D0B71506-FD36-4CD2-9E4E-76BBD050A290}\Normal (v3)\field (thumbnail offset medium).jmd
1586328: 4856: Database: CDataHolder::Save: Field: Thumbnail Offset Medium; Elapsed ms: 13.498
1586328: 4856: Database: CMediaFileIOSave::Load: Saving: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\J River\Media Center 12\Thumbnails\{D0B71506-FD36-4CD2-9E4E-76BBD050A290}\Normal (v3)\field (thumbnail offset large).jmd
1586344: 4856: Database: CDataHolder::Save: Field: Thumbnail Offset Large; Elapsed ms: 12.869
1586344: 4856: Database: CMediaFileIOSave::Load: Saving: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\J River\Media Center 12\Thumbnails\{D0B71506-FD36-4CD2-9E4E-76BBD050A290}\Normal (v3)\field (thumbnail info (local)).jmd
1586344: 4856: Database: CDataHolder::Save: Field: Thumbnail Info (Local); Elapsed ms: 11.257
1586344: 4856: Database: CMediaFileIOSave::Load: Saving: C:\Documents and

DC
Pages: [1]   Go Up