INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Microsoft Mouse Problem  (Read 819 times)

hooli

• Recent member
Microsoft Mouse Problem
« on: May 30, 2008, 08:13:34 pm »

I just got a new Vista machine and for the last three days I have been trying to get my intellipoint mouse to scroll in Media Center.  Uninstalling the software just wasn't doing it.  I found a solution over at winamp and thought I'd share it so anyone else with this issue can save some searching.

1. Download Intellipoint 6.2 (do N O T install it) URL submitted by user.
2. Use winzip to extract all files from the installer package - I suggest you extract to the desktop (keeping the file structure)
3. Go to device manager
4. Go to mice and pointing devices
5. Delete all mice AND their drivers, do a scan for new hardware or restart the computer (this step is only necessary if the method described below doesn't work - so only try it on your 2nd try)
6. If you have more than one mouse in the device manager (which is the case if you've bought the Wireless entertainment desktop 8000-set) verify which mouse that is the one to update by trying to disable the others one at a time (the 2nd mouse is touchpad in the keyboard)
7. Update the drivers for the mouse manually (by specifyfing the path to the drivers in the extracted package - eg. DESKTOP\IP32Eng6.20.182.0\ipoint\setup\files\ - use the "have disk-method")
8. Vista will probably not complain about the driver since it is signed and certified. But if Vista does - install anyway.
9. Verify that your mouse driver version is at least 6.20.178.0
10. Use your scroll wheel like any normal mouse!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Microsoft Mouse Problem
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 09:24:46 pm »

Thanks for sharing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up