INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Double Files  (Read 2423 times)

qazx117

Double Files
« on: June 06, 2008, 03:25:56 pm »

How do I remove double music files? I have them in my playlist.
I tought I saw such an option, but I can't find in anymore in media jukebox, could you help me out? :)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Double Files
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 03:46:43 pm »

There is a duplicate smartlist under playlists.

Higginz

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I'm Swedish
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 02:51:05 am »

I don't have that kind of smartlist in my MJ. (Latest version) I don't see it.

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2008, 04:55:19 am »

For removing real dublicates in a single playlist you can click on "Remove duplicates" at the top of each playlist view OR right click a playlist and select "Remove duplicates". This only works, if the playlist contains the same files (not an equal file at different locations).

If you are searching your library for duplicates because you may have equal files at different locations on your harddisk you can use the smartlist mentioned by JimH. You find it under Playlists -> Smartlists -> ... .

If you cannot see any smartlist you may automaticly re-create them: just rightclick "Playlists" and select "Add Stock Smartlists"

:o The duplicate smartlist seems to be removed?! JimH? If I re-add the stock smartlists it's not there...

So: to get this smartlist back right click on playlist and select "Add Smartlist". Select "Import / Export" at the top right.

If you paste [Media Type]=[Audio] ~dup=[Filename /(name/)] ~sort=[Filename],[Artist],[Name],[Bitrate], you'll get a list with files in  library with the same filename at different locations (or the same location but different entrys in MCs library).

If you paste [Media Type]=[Audio]~dup=[Artist],[Titel] ~sort=[Artist],[Name], you'll get a list with files in  library with the same Tag Information for Artist and Trackname. This is what the original MJ/MC duplicate smartlist was like, I think.

With smartlists you can eliminate duplicates within your library.

Dbl_Tap

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 02:02:45 pm »

Maybe things have changed since the last post but I can't find the 'import/export' at the top right. Also not sure where to past the strings to. With more power in software comes more confusion unfortunately :)

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 04:31:25 pm »

Maybe things have changed since the last post but I can't find the 'import/export' at the top right. Also not sure where to past the strings to. With more power in software comes more confusion unfortunately :)

You're right. It has been moved from the top right to the lower left. But you didn't miss it at all: in fact the software didn't get more power, it looks as if MediaJukebox got less power: the import/export button has been removed there. So you only can use this feature within MC.

Here I did some Screenshots to show you, how to set up some duplicate-searching smartlists. You only need the second red rounded entries of each smartlist, the rest is optional, may be diffrent for you and doesn't effect the function of the lists.

• the first smartlist finds all your files with the same filename without looking at the filepath
  • the second one finds all files with the same artist and title tag
  • the third offers some kind of fingerprint search. This only works for audio files which have been analayzed within MC/MJ and for some reason it doesn't work perfect as I reported here.

Pages: [1]   Go Up