INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.523  (Read 3483 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 12.0.523
« on: July 13, 2008, 01:20:17 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120523.exe

12.0.523 (7/11/2008)

1. Changed: When loading an iPod, if the device does not provide device information, it will fail to load. (instead of using hard-coded device information that could be outdated)
2. Changed: MC icon in Windows Tray was pixelated.  Tray icon returned to previous implementation.

12.0.522 (7/9/2008)

1. Changed: The quick search dialog would not select the previous search when opening, making it difficult to start a new search.
2. Fixed: iTunes playlist importing could fail on some playlists.
3. Fixed: iTunes playlist importing didn't properly support Asian characters.
4. Fixed: iPods could scramble art on the second sync. (not able to reproduce so fix may not solve the issue -- any feedback appreciated)
5. Fixed: Crash on right-click in a file list in rare cases.

12.0.521 (7/3/2008)

Internal build

12.0.520 (7/2/2008)

1. NEW: "Play stack" option added to stack menu.  (Will play all files in a stack.  Only appears on a single selected file.)
2. NEW: UPnP Search For Servers will respond to UDN/UUID requests.
3. Changed: Updated Dutch language file (thanks Daan Smit).
4. Fixed: Database could lose field data during a period of very high database activity. (only applies to build 518)
5. Fixed: MC icon in Windows Vista volume mixer was too wee.
6. Fixed: Unable to transfer files to iPhone and iPod Touch (introduced in 12.0.517).

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
Re: Media Center 12.0.523
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 01:36:51 pm »

1.  The "Move / Copy Fields..." dialog doesn't honor the custom name of renamed fields.
Take a look here for more detailed Info.

2.  Trying to copy mp3s from a CD to another location using "Rename, Copy, and Move Files" doesn't work but gives the message
"Not all of the selected tracks can be renamed."
So if I have a mp3-CD I first have to copy all mp3 to a writetable Drive and then move (or copy) all files using some rules in "Rename, Copy, and Move Files".

3.  One minor thing: Changing the volume without using MCs slider (eg. by using a remote control or the vista volume control) doesn't update the slider position in MC until MC gets minimized&restored or until the mouse moves near the top part of MCs window.

4.  Using [Shift]+[Left Arrow] in any tag field it works as expected. But if you want to go one step back using [Shift]+[Right Arrow], the cursor jumps to the beginning of the selection instead of going one single step back.

ADDiCT

• World Citizen
  • I'm a bad llama!
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 03:17:05 am »

The "MC silently changes file names while tagging" problem is in this build, too - and it seems it's even worse this time: my original workaround (changing the file name in the library back to the file name on disk) isn't working anymore! MC insists in keeping its "own" filename.

The problem is described here and here.

EDIT: the workaround does still work, but i have to restart MC before it will let me change the file name in the library.

JONCAT

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 07:58:16 am »

Compare text in tree to file list. After returning to Standard View from Theater View fonts are the wrong size/style (sometimes occurs with drives & devices).

Reported here by Gappie as well:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=47214.msg324414#msg324414

http://www.pix01.com/gallery/ED13D42F-DA5E-448D-87D4-EEE39DF2743B/textbug/666357715_orig0.jpg

DC

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 08:25:46 am »

Minor bug:
With Show Gridlines off, they still appear everywhere other than the main window, eg. rename files from properties, Sorting lists, etc.

The "MC silently changes file names while tagging" problem is in this build, too
I've had exactly this problem too.

MusicHawk

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 10:42:28 am »

Yes, same problem here that I and others have reported: MC silently alters db record's filename field, without being asked to, and since it doesn't simultaneously actually rename/move the file, it gets disconnected or "lost" from the database. I'm still able to repair by copying the real path back into the db record, a pain...

Also, the "improved" multi-value field editor is still in this build, very unfriendly to use for Keywords and other fields that have a pick list of more than a small number of existing values. And even with a small list, selecting via Spacebar no longer works to select, a real bummer, and focus in the list is difficult to maintain.
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

edladner

• World Citizen
  • The diet worked
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 04:07:32 pm »

4. Fixed: iPods could scramble art on the second sync. (not able to reproduce so fix may not solve the issue -- any feedback appreciated)

I just added 1.2 gb to my ipod last night and all artwork was fine, existing and newly added.

envyc

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2008, 08:38:22 pm »

.523 does not seem to be able to recognise my iPod Classic 80Gb. Have had to revert to .520. I went to the .523 release because of scrambled artwork on the iPod.

iPod is at the latest firmware level.

sdgrizdan

• Galactic Citizen
  • The body cannot live without the mind
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2008, 11:55:42 pm »

Using the 'move/copy fields' tool, I cannot copy the tags 'album' to 'date' for my pictures. Somehow dates got erased, and the 'album' field has the correct date and I'd like to copy the field over. This seems to be a bug.

Tsarist

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2008, 06:28:02 pm »

Try playing some music and then using Right click->Locate->Artist. I use it a lot, but now it crashes the programme.

I love that you've merged some of the v. useful commands into the 'More' sub-menu - I always found the extra step annoying. Good work.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2008, 06:47:12 pm »

Try playing some music and then using Right click->Locate->Artist. I use it a lot, but now it crashes the programme.
I can't duplicate this.

New Vermaje

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2008, 12:34:05 am »

Hi !

Little bug :

When I rename, the field will be blank and I don't see that I write ...

Please fix this...

Media Center 12.0.524 Registered -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 3 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 3191 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 461 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.5730.13 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E: HP      DVD Writer 640b   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive F: SAMSUNG DVD-ROM SD-616E   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   chord.wav

Burning /  Drive E: HP       DVD Writer 640b    Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Interface Plugins:
  last.fm (Active)
  Library Server (Active)
  TiVo Server (Active)
  UPnP Server (Active)
  AutoEQ
  Sleep Timer (Active)

JONCAT

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2008, 08:59:18 am »

Hi !

Little bug :

When I rename, the field will be blank and I don't see that I write ...

Please fix this...

I wonder if this is what you're referring to? It can happen with fields that aren't multi-value, and it makes the file list tagging impossible when it happens because the top-most tag, which opens with F2, closes when you hover over it in an attempt to use the drop down menu.

http://www.pix01.com/gallery/ED13D42F-DA5E-448D-87D4-EEE39DF2743B/MC/150664642_orig0.jpg

DC
Pages: [1]   Go Up