INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.529  (Read 5915 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 12.0.529
« on: August 04, 2008, 12:58:56 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120529.exe

12.0.529 (8/1/2008)

1. NEW: Upgrade option added MJ12 MP3 encoder to MC12.
2. Fixed: Multi-line edit controls could insert extra carriage-return characters.

12.0.528 (7/29/2008)

1. Fixed: Values with quotes in them could cause problems during pane multi-select.
2. Fixed: Trying to decode a JMX file without a JMX input plugin loaded could cause a dead-lock.
3. Fixed: Tagging a CUE file database entry could cause the source file to get renamed.
4. Changed: Upgraded iPod database writing to match iTunes 7.7.
5. Fixed: The last played date of "never played" was not supported properly on the iPod.
6. Changed: Revised number handling so that a numeric field that evaluates to zero will show the field's empty display value.
7. Changed: Retry limit for podcasts increased to 1000.
8. Fixed: Pasting in the image editor when a portion of the paste was outside the image could crash.
9. Fixed: "Play in Media Center" from Explorer could drop files if multiple files were selected with Media Center not running.
10. Fixed: Invalid JPEG files that contained multiple images encoded into one file without proper end markers could cause a crash.

12.0.527 (7/24/2008)

1. Fixed: Toolbar buttons wouldn't highlight as expected if the mouse left the window and returned to the same button.
2. NEW: When picking an external cover art name, video and document types use "[Media Type] - [Name]" instead of "[Artist] - [Album]".
3. Fixed: When hiding the tree in a library view, the view settings drop menu would not work.
4. Fixed: Some keys like up and down were not working properly in all lists.
5. Fixed: In place edit controls could run off the edge of the list in certain cases.

12.0.526 (7/22/2008)

1. Fixed: Green Eyes skin didn't render edit controls properly.
2. Optimized: Edit control for notes, comments, and other large fields could be sluggish.
3. Fixed: Space bar wouldn't toggle checkboxes as expected in some lists.
4. Changed: Update Czech translation (thanks JohnnyB).
5. Fixed: CD / DVD files would not be properly excluded from tagging, and so could show an error.
6. Fixed: Converting a CUE file with a semi-colon in the name field could create an invalid file.
7. Changed: iPhone 3G devices are ignored (for now). (if your iPhone 3G still shows up, please contribute here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=36033.0 )

StFeder

• MC Beta Team
  • Fight! You may win. If you don't, you already lost
Re: Media Center 12.0.529
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 03:17:00 pm »

1.  The "Move / Copy Fields..." dialog doesn't honor the custom name of renamed fields.
Take a look here for more detailed Info.

2.  Trying to copy mp3s from a CD to another location using "Rename, Copy, and Move Files" doesn't work but gives the message
"Not all of the selected tracks can be renamed."
So if I have a mp3-CD I first have to copy all mp3 to a writetable Drive and then move (or copy) all files using some rules in "Rename, Copy, and Move Files".

3.  One minor thing: Changing the volume without using MCs slider (eg. by using a remote control or the vista volume control) doesn't update the slider position in MC until MC gets minimized&restored or until the mouse moves near the top part of MCs window.

djp

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 12:33:43 am »

To all the speed readers out there who started doing a double take along the lines of:

"Now I've got to pay $30 more just to encode in MP3 using Media Center!?!"

The reference above is MediaJukebox 12 (i.e. the free one). An apparently little known fact (at least to me) was that even though the code in LAME is GPL, developers must pay patent royalties to the inventors of MP3 if they distribute any software that implements MP3, GPL or not. In other words, to use MP3 with MJ12, it will cost you $9.95. Now it appears, $5 of that can be applied to MC12 if you want to upgrade.

Near as I can tell, all MP3 (LAME or gogo) functionality is unchanged in MC12.0.529

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 06:16:14 am »

Near as I can tell, all MP3 (LAME or gogo) functionality is unchanged in MC12.0.529
That's correct.  I'll modify the comment to see if it can be clarified.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 09:08:32 am »

I have my movie/DVD files tagged with nested keywords to represent multiple genres: ex. "Keywords\Genre\Action", "Keywords\Genre\Comedy".  When I browse keywords in TheaterView the file is shown multiple times - it seems once for each nested keyword.  For example, when browsing keywords for my movies I drill down into Genre and then if I drill down into "Action" I will see the same movie listed twice if it has 2 nested "genres", 3 times if it has 3, etc.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2008, 03:49:55 pm »

Media center error:
"The Microsoft layer for Unicode failed, please reinstall"

please reinstall what?
reinstall MC12?
or reinstall something from Microsoft?
. . . the game is rigged

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2008, 03:26:55 am »

The previously reported issue where one tries to edit a long list of keywords in a view pane only to be presented with a truncated list of options with no way of scrolling to lower choices needs to be fixed.  MC is now very broken in this regard and has been for a number of versions...

Cheers,

Mark

stubbsy

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2008, 06:57:14 am »

7. Changed: iPhone 3G devices are ignored (for now). (if your iPhone 3G still shows up, please contribute here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=36033.0 )

Just confirming that as of 529 my iPhone 3G still gets cratered if I launch MC as has been the case since the 3G launched.

I added my iPhone details in the referenced thread a while back, but it's still being recognised by MC and iTunes then tells me to do a restore

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2008, 11:00:21 am »

Just confirming that as of 529 my iPhone 3G still gets cratered if I launch MC as has been the case since the 3G launched.

I added my iPhone details in the referenced thread a while back, but it's still being recognised by MC and iTunes then tells me to do a restore

Could you enable logging, restart MC, plug-in the phone, and then email me a log? ( matt at jriver dot com )

Thanks for your help.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

stubbsy

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2008, 03:58:11 am »

Could you enable logging, restart MC, plug-in the phone, and then email me a log? ( matt at jriver dot com )

Thanks for your help.
Done Matt & email sent

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2008, 03:58:18 pm »

I have my movie/DVD files tagged with nested keywords to represent multiple genres: ex. "Keywords\Genre\Action", "Keywords\Genre\Comedy".  When I browse keywords in TheaterView the file is shown multiple times - it seems once for each nested keyword.  For example, when browsing keywords for my movies I drill down into Genre and then if I drill down into "Action" I will see the same movie listed twice if it has 2 nested "genres", 3 times if it has 3, etc.

I know you said this is the last build but I have reported this for the last few builds and it definitely is a "show stopper" for me.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2008, 04:25:23 pm »

I know you said this is the last build but I have reported this for the last few builds and it definitely is a "show stopper" for me.

Could you send a library backup to matt at jriver dot com so that I can test the exact same setup?

Thank you.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

craigers2009

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2008, 03:17:33 pm »

I have just installed Media Center 12 on my laptop.  When I go to Encoding options, it is telling me that I have to purchase a MP3 encoding license.  I have never had to do this before when I installed on my desktop.  Is there a way to fix this.  I am using 12.0.47.

Thannks

Craigers

mbdundee

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2008, 11:08:33 am »

Updated from 120451 to 120529, rear channel speakers no longer work through MC, front work fine. Prior to upgrade all channels worked. Using a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS with 4.1 enabled, Windows XP sp2. Windows Media Player and Winamp play through all channels correctly so I believe the sound card is functioning properly.
I have tried changing the various playback options under direct sound settings and still do not get rear channel output.

bjurry

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2008, 12:53:58 pm »

This is an update of my post on MC not recognizing CD Single format (5 inch).

I now experience the same with various other 'normal' CDs. I have cleaned these etc.: same result - they don't get recognized by MC and are recognized and ripped w/out problem in MS Media Player.

The titles I experience the issue with are following:
- Led Zeppelin: Nameless
- Massive Attack: Protection
- Portishead: Dummy
- Prince: various 5-inch and 3-inch CD singles

I have done following:
- Set default program settings in Vista to open/rip with MC but always ask firs
- In MC I have disabled "Auto Rip Mode" and "Automatic CD lookup" options

When I load any of the above CDs, and even choose to "Take No Action", MC still wants to lookup something, ggiving a message "Please Wait - Working..." Then nothing happens, and the only way to get out of this without restarting MC is to open the CD-Drive prior to Vista indicating "the Program is Not Responding" message.

----------------
Media Center 12.0.529 Registered -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\

Microsoft Windows Vista 6.0 Service Pack 1 (Build 6001)
AMD Unknown 2509 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 2094 MB, Free - 984 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.6001.18000 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.6001 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.6001 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.6001 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E: TSSTcorpCD/DVDW TS-H653L  Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive F: SATA-DVDDROM6316          Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive G:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive E: TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-H653L   Addr: 3:0:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Interface Plugins:
  last.fm (Active)
  Library Server (Active)
  TiVo Server (Active)
  UPnP Server (Active)

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2008, 01:19:22 pm »

AFAIK, drives do not report anything special when a CD single is inserted. Technically CD singles are just standard audio CDs.

Is it only one single?
If yes, what exactly is it? (artist, name, label etc)
Did you try to reinsert it?
Did you try to clean it?
Does it contain non-audio data? (multimedia, images etc)

Also, please post your system info from Help > System Info.

EDIT

I see you edited your post and added more information. Thanks.

Apparently no one has submitted the CD info to the YADB database (WMP uses a different database).

I don't know why the lookup process jammed when you first tried it, but possibly the internet connection was conquested.

You can type CD info before ripping. Press the "Edit Disc Information" button in the rip details window for opening the CD Information form.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

ADDiCT

• World Citizen
  • I'm a bad llama!
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2008, 04:20:59 am »

Another bug: zero values (0) are not shown while tagging, but written to tags.

Explanation: i have a custom field of the "Integer" data type. The edit type is set to "Standard", and i have pre-defined values of "0;1". I'm using this as a simple "true/false" tag. In recent MC versions, both the "0" and the "1" values where shown when clicking on the tag field in the AW. Now, the dropdown shows an empty space, and after that the "1" value. When i manually enter the "0", the value gets written to the track's tag, but MC still doesn't show it.

New Vermaje

• World Citizen
Re: Media Center 12.0.529 - YADB
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2008, 05:04:32 am »

Hi !

There are stranges results with "Submit Track Info to YADB" !

I submit 21 tracks of a CD who has 21 tracks
I submit this tracks eight times...

YADB says eight times :

21 tracks selected for YADB selection
3 news files added to YADB

If i count perfectly => 3 x 8 = 24  => 24 news files / 21 files of the CD where added to YADB !

Good performance !!!  ;D

Jean-Marc

Media Center 12.0.529 Registered -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 3 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 3185 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 345 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.5730.13 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E: HP      DVD Writer 640b   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive F: SAMSUNG DVD-ROM SD-616E   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   chord.wav

Burning /  Drive E: HP       DVD Writer 640b    Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Interface Plugins:
  last.fm (Active)
  Library Server (Active)
  TiVo Server (Active)
  UPnP Server (Active)
  AutoEQ
  Sleep Timer (Active)

morrison

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2008, 09:54:52 am »

thanks for your work

ups wrong topic 

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2008, 10:01:24 am »

1- using "Add To Playing Now" causes my mouse wheel to no longer scroll the file list until I first click on a file

2- select a group of files and proceed to tag several fields consecutively, MC will occasionally 'drop' the selection of files (unselect them) as you right click on another tag column, requiring you to re-select them to continue tagging.
. . . the game is rigged

tombert

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2008, 02:47:47 am »

A few minors:
  • Closing MC while tagging is in progress originally showed a small dialog showing the tagging progress. Currently MC disappears completely from view, only visible via Task-Manager.
  • Having a big font e.g. "Century Gothic" size 12 - the height size of the edit boxes when tagging cuts of the text

Pages: [1]   Go Up