INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with Theatre View - options don't persist and touch screen  (Read 1184 times)

BillT

• World Citizen

Theatre view in MC13 has been getting better recently, but I have two problems that are rendering it unusable now.

I have a lot of library views that I want to use in Theatre View using the add Library Item from Standard view menu. This means that the list of items that appears in the sub menu is more than 2 pages long. There is no way to get to items that aren't in the first or last pages using a touch screen; you can select an item in the first page or you can select the arrows at the top or bottom of the list, but those arrows take you to the beginning or end of the list rather than scrolling through the list, which is what I would expect them to do.
(This can be got round by attaching a mouse to the PC, but that's not ideal.)

The more serious problem is that all Theatre View views that I have laboriously added are removed if MC13 is restarted and the Audio defaults are reinstated. This is probably because I am using a library that is served from another PC rather than accessing the library directly.

System details:

Server PC on continuously currently running MC13.0.123 as a library server only, nothing else MC wise is done on this machine.

2 machines running MC13 using the library served with the server; if they are on continuously or go into standby the Theatre View options remain; if the connection to the Library server is broken the options are lost.

In the Theatre View set up I delete all the top level items apart from Playing Now, Audio and Exit and delete all the Audio sub items, I then populate the Audio item with my views, more than 30 of them in a nested scheme.

imugli

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Problems with Theatre View - options don't persist and touch screen
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 04:55:29 am »

Theatre view in MC13 has been getting better recently, but I have two problems that are rendering it unusable now.

I have a lot of library views that I want to use in Theatre View using the add Library Item from Standard view menu. This means that the list of items that appears in the sub menu is more than 2 pages long. There is no way to get to items that aren't in the first or last pages using a touch screen; you can select an item in the first page or you can select the arrows at the top or bottom of the list, but those arrows take you to the beginning or end of the list rather than scrolling through the list, which is what I would expect them to do.
(This can be got round by attaching a mouse to the PC, but that's not ideal.)

Obsidian now supports flick gesturing to scroll through theatre view pages. Just like an iPhone. Press the screen and drag to scroll slowly or flick it to scroll quickly. You can also drag on the scroll bar and it will show you a nice OSD of the first listing on the page you're up to.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 06:38:51 am »

Theatre view in MC13 has been getting better recently, but I have two problems that are rendering it unusable now.The more serious problem is that all Theatre View views that I have laboriously added are removed if MC13 is restarted and the Audio defaults are reinstated. This is probably because I am using a library that is served from another PC rather than accessing the library directly.
You'll just need to make the changes on the server.

BillT

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 07:49:34 am »

You'll just need to make the changes on the server.

Thanks, that seems to work, and it's a much better option than having to set each client up manually. I'm sure that I'd tried that with earlier iterations and the server view options didn't propagate to the clients which is why I didn't try modifying the server settings.

Obsidian now supports flick gesturing to scroll through theatre view pages. Just like an iPhone. Press the screen and drag to scroll slowly or flick it to scroll quickly. You can also drag on the scroll bar and it will show you a nice OSD of the first listing on the page you're up to.

Thanks. Not having used an iphone it's a subtlety that I'd missed, generally if the screen gets touched it selects something, but it does work (even in the setup screen) given a deliberate enough press!
Pages: [1]   Go Up