INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 14.0.46 Stable -- Available Here  (Read 8602 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 14.0.46 Stable -- Available Here
« on: August 06, 2009, 08:28:35 am »

This is a stable version of MC 14.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/MediaCenter140046.exe

14.0.46 (08/05/2009)

1. Fixed: Video could be displayed in wrong size when starting time-shifting on some analog television/video capture devices (such as WinTV HD PVR).
2. Changed: When WASAPI fails to get a soundcard lock, it will retry several times for a second to open the soundcard. (failure to get lock happens on P6T i7 machines running Vista x64, possibly others)
3. Fixed: The jump on play setting 'Playing Now (if multiple files)' jumped when Playing Now had more than one file instead of if the play command had more than one file.
4. Fixed: When switching between tabs, the search box did not update nicely.
5. Fixed: The right-click option 'Import Into Library' was showing for imported files instead of files that were not imported.
6. Fixed: Drilling into a thumbnail like 'Rock', searching for something with no results, then double-click the empty list to search the entire library did not work properly.
7. NEW: Option added for the external encoder for format conversion to present the file being converted as-is in whatever format it was originally instead of being converted to a temporary wave file first.
8. NEW: When doing 'Locate On Disk (internal)' with the control key pressed, the results will be opened in a new tab.
9. Fixed: Encoder plugins were not showing in Plug-in Manager.
10. Fixed: Starting time-shifting on some analog television/video capture devices could result in loss of audio, due to device resetting audio line from user's selection to default.
11. NEW: Wavpack (.wv) input plugin
12. Fixed: Write standard flac track replay gain and track peak flags. Remove JRiver specific tags when writing the new tags.
13. Changed: Updated Chinese translation (thanks 竹院蕉窗).
14. Fixed: MC could crash when importing TIFF files that have bad data in it.
15. Changed: Vorbis DATE flags in flac files take precedence on reading when the year is different from the higher precision JR_DATE. On writing if the date to be written falls on a year boundry, only the Vorbis DATE tag is written, otherwise both are written.
16. Fixed: Certain corrupt TIFF image files could cause MC to hang.
17. Fixed: Download list showed 'Cancel' option on completed downloads.

14.0.45 (07/31/2009)

1. Fixed: Crossfeed DSP plugin for headphones kept enabling itself.

14.0.44 (07/30/2009)

1. Changed: When loading corrupt / truncated JPEG files, as much of the image as possible will be shown instead of failing to load if at least 80% of the image can be decoded.
2. Fixed: More bugs in the IR blasting wizard.
3. Fixed: Update Tags (from library) saved tags in a wrong sidecar file for ifo/dvd files.
4. NEW: Added 'Headphones' DSP plugin that features a high-quality cross-feed.

14.0.43 (07/29/2009)

1. Fixed: WASAPI exclusive playback over ATI HDMI connections could stutter on pause / stop. (requires the 'Flush device buffers on pause' option to be set)
2. Changed: Renamed television program guide loading option from "Reset" to "Clear program guide".
3. Changed: Revised MP3 ID3v2 rating tag writing conversion formula to better match Windows.
4. Fixed: Playback section of the right-click menu was missing (builds 39 - 42).
5. NEW: OSD "Chapter" menu for video file playback.  UP/DOWN to reach Chapter menu.  LEFT/RIGHT to cycle through all chapters.  ENTER to jump to a chapter.
6. Changed: Items in the "Chapter" menu include time info.
7. Changed: Simplified television current/next playing channel/program info OSD display.
8. Fixed: Several bugs in the IR blasting wizard.
9. Fixed: Adjusting the size of Theater View (ctrl+mouse wheel, etc.) while viewing an expanded news story could cause a crash.
10. Fixed: Some Theater View objects would stop moving while loading / updating in a background thread. (caused stutter when viewing file info panel, etc.)

14.0.42 (07/28/2009)

1. Optimized: Improved performance of Theater View info panel.
2. Optimized: Improved performance of scrolling in large lists in Theater View.
3. Fixed: The focus could be lost when returning to the home screen of Theater View.
4. Fixed: When quickly entering the File Info panel in Theater View, the list could fail to fade out.
5. NEW: Chapter support for video files (e.g. mkv, mp4) that contain chapter info.
6. Fixed: Scanner / clipboard acquisition wasn't working properly. (only applies to last few builds)
7. Fixed: Theater View list selection mode would stick on even after the list was refilled due to an action on the selection.
8. Fixed: Accepting a search suggestion after typing the full word would not update the view properly.

14.0.41 (07/27/2009)

1. Fixed: Mono files could crash or give bad results in the audio analyzer. (it's recommended that you reanalyze files that match the search [Channels]=[1])
2. Changed: Added more logging to WASAPI output to help diagnose problems.
3. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks to Bytestar).
4. Changed: Wizard added on remote control options page for controlling external equipment. Still experimental...

14.0.40 (07/27/2009)

1. Fixed: Interface plug-ins that used a string class name for their identifier in the registry did not load with the last few builds.

rjm

Re: Media Center 14.0.46 Stable -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 10:35:11 am »

8. NEW: When doing 'Locate On Disk (internal)' with the control key pressed, the results will be opened in a new tab.
One small problem. The control key has no effect when Locate On Disk (internal) is selected from the recent command list.

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 04:55:18 pm »

One small problem. The control key has no effect when Locate On Disk (internal) is selected from the recent command list.

Selecting it from the recent command list does nothing whatsoever here, control or no control...

Also, should middle click do the same thing?  (open it in a new tab that is, not do nothing :))

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 05:16:19 pm »

Selecting it from the recent command list does nothing whatsoever here, control or no control...

It works for me as before. Only the new ctrl option doesn't work from the recent command list.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

newsposter

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 06:05:31 pm »

"Stable"!?!!!

WooHoo!

tboy34

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Tim
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 09:13:38 am »

How do I find out if I qualify for a discount for version 14? I'm not sure when I purchased version 13. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
tvk

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2009, 09:45:39 am »

Instructions are here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=52337.0

Thanks for thinking about upgrading.

volkerc

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2009, 06:45:34 pm »

So I'm bummed that the only way I can find out about an upgrade to the new release is through this forum. I see now that if I would have logged in over a month ago I would have received a better deal on the upgrade. Now I have to upgrade at $25.00? I probably will but that sucks. I've been upgrading religiously since release 9, I would think that having an upgrade history that is consistent would at least qualify for some kind of notification about the special price that was offered. I find the forums here informative but I don't log on every day nor ever month.
My nickels worth.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2009, 06:50:34 pm »

Thanks for your past business.  Sorry it's not perfect, but we try to e-mail people from the forum and those who've purchased in the past, but it sometimes gets blocked as spam.  You were mailed.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2009, 10:05:28 am »

Audio files Analyzed in MC13 show all analysis tags properly within MC13, However in MC14 they often show as having only B.P.M. tagged and being in need of analysis due to missing Peak Level and Replay Gain data.

After checking the files outside of MC I find that regadrless of which MC version was used for Analysis both versions are properly tagged for audio analysis, but apparently MC14 fails to read the tags from MC13 for Replay Gain & Peak Level, thus showing the files as still in need of Audio Analysis.
. . . the game is rigged

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2009, 10:50:12 am »

... MC14 fails to read the tags from MC13 for Replay Gain & Peak Level...

Is the file format FLAC?
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

AoXoMoXoA

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2009, 10:52:42 am »

. . . the game is rigged

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2009, 11:05:23 am »

The format of the FLAC Replay Gain and Peak Level tags has changed in this build. The intention is to make them compatible with the "rest of the world". A similar change was made to the MP3 tagger some time ago.

Probably the code that is supposed to read and convert the old tag format does not work correctly in this build. I found also some other small related bugs that are not fixed yet in the current unreleased development build.

As a workround, you could use the build 45 until a fixed build is out.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2009, 12:54:35 pm »

We decided to ignore the old style tags on reading them since the information is in the library anyway (and that should be the value used if no value is returned from reading the tag). It will be written out in the new format the next time the tags are written from the library.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2009, 01:28:33 pm »

It could be a slight problem for those who have archived FLAC files outside the library, for instance on burned DVD discs, and only occasionally use them on various PC & MC instances.

Fortunately FLAC decoding is quite fast and reanalyzing should not be a big problem unless the library is really huge (but in that case the files probably are in a master library that contains the replay gain values).

In addition, it is always possible to import the files first to MC13 or an older build of MC14 and then use that library (or create an mpl file for transferring the tags).

However, none of the workarounds is as nice as support for the old tags would have been. MC's MP3 tagger supports reading the old replay gain tags, but I don't know how hard it was to implement.

stricko

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2009, 01:05:45 am »

The word "stable" tempted me into re-installing. Looking good guys. A complete of minor things I noticed.

1. Using Hairstyle in Theater view, for video files, the shadow boxes behind the various data fields on the right hand side overlap vertically. Is it worth having shadow boxes on data items? or should they be plain text. Just checked some other skins, there is the same problem in Noire, but not in Obsidian (are there no shadow boxes in Obsidian for data fields? or is it that I just can't see them.

2. Again Hairstyle, theater view, when returning to the sub-menu (by moving left at the edge of a page), the "blank" option is selected. I was expecting it to move to the option I was just in. If you have a lot of views in a logical sequence, you have to move through all of them to re-establish the position you were just in. Is this deliberate or a bug. If it's deliberate, is it configurable (or should it be?)

Keep up the good work.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2009, 06:32:43 am »

The Theater View skins with rollers are the ones that work best right now.  New versions of some of the old skins are coming.

AoXoMoXoA

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2009, 10:03:29 am »

After using Player ->> "Stop After Current File" (Ctrl+Shift+S) one must manually advance to the next track to avoid a repeated playback of the last track.
. . . the game is rigged

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2009, 07:14:36 pm »

I've found a few issues:

1. Audible has a new higher quality format with an aax extension. I assume MC should be able to play it via the existing way Audible files are played, but it won't allow me to import them because of the unknown extension.

2. When using the Library Server, cover art almost always fails to show. This is with MP3 reencoding.

3. It's annoying that there is no easy/obvious way to permanently tell MC to not scan for media. Since, at work, I use MC only to play music from my Library Server at home I don't want it to scan media on my local machine, but it still insists on asking me to do this. Actually, MC attempts to load my Library Server based library first, but if that fails for some reason (like I forget to bring up my VPN) then it falls back to the default library and asks to scan again.

4. I know you mentioned that Library Server syncing will be made more automatic eventually. Is there any ETA on that feature? As it is, this step is kind of annoying for me.

dcwebman

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2009, 07:46:32 am »

Also, should middle click do the same thing?  (open it in a new tab that is, not do nothing :))
I agree. Clicking the mouse wheel on links in browsers is how I open them in new tabs.
Jeff

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2009, 11:56:11 am »

2. Again Hairstyle, theater view, when returning to the sub-menu (by moving left at the edge of a page), the "blank" option is selected. I was expecting it to move to the option I was just in. If you have a lot of views in a logical sequence, you have to move through all of them to re-establish the position you were just in. Is this deliberate or a bug. If it's deliberate, is it configurable (or should it be?)

You can disable the 'Blank' button with the option: Options > Theater View > Advanced > Use alternate navigation model
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

koop

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2009, 05:10:48 pm »

Bugs found so far. 

1.  DPI Scaling in Vista is not fully functional.  Some items do not enlarge with DPI scaling and some that do overlap covering needed info.  Very important for those running high res displays and using MC as a media player. 

2.  Cannot get audio playback on DVDs using Asus HDAV1.3 slim card regardless of selected audio device and decoder. 

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2009, 05:14:29 pm »

1.  DPI Scaling in Vista is not fully functional.  Some items do not enlarge with DPI scaling and some that do overlap covering needed info.  Very important for those running high res displays and using MC as a media player.  

You can also select the Font (and size) used by Media Center in Options > Tree & View > Font.  Theater View has it's own font and size selection.

Please post more details (start a thread) if there are specific problem areas with font sizing.  Thanks.

2.  Cannot get audio playback on DVDs using Asus HDAV1.3 slim card regardless of selected audio device and decoder.  

This might help:
http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/Surround_Sound
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

koop

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2009, 05:39:04 pm »

This might help:
http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/Surround_Sound

Thanks for the quick reply, but this was not helpful for me.  The wiki page only tells you which decoder to select.  I had already run the gambit of options.  DVDs play fine with TMT and PDVD. 

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2009, 05:47:52 pm »

Thanks for the quick reply, but this was not helpful for me.  The wiki page only tells you which decoder to select.  I had already run the gambit of options.  DVDs play fine with TMT and PDVD. 
It worked for this person:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=53316.0

Maybe you could ask what he learned.

Chico

• World Citizen
  • Life is good!
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2009, 11:19:25 am »

3. It's annoying that there is no easy/obvious way to permanently tell MC to not scan for media. Since, at work, I use MC only to play music from my Library Server at home I don't want it to scan media on my local machine, but it still insists on asking me to do this. Actually, MC attempts to load my Library Server based library first, but if that fails for some reason (like I forget to bring up my VPN) then it falls back to the default library and asks to scan again.

I agree...  Is there a way to stop MC from automatically scanning for media?
JRiver Media Center... If you don't have it, I don't want to hear it!

tombert

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2009, 04:14:21 am »

Some background tasks still seem to be crashing (full log is available):

1624516: 2996: General: CThumbnailCacheInfo::CreateThumbnail: Finish (453 ms)
1624516: 2996: Database: Thumbnail Thread (M:\My Music\@.Jazz & Blues & Swing\Famous - The Finest Female Jazz Today\Famous Vol05\Folder.jpg): Finish (453 ms)
42968812: 5616: Handheld: CPortableDriveBase::TransferFile: Creating output file
42968984: 5616: Handheld: CPortableDriveBase::TransferFile: Allocating space for file
42969140: 5616: Handheld: CPortableDriveBase::TransferFile: Starting transfer loop
42969140: 5616: Handheld: CPortableDriveBase::TransferFile:     Reading 995171 bytes
42969250: 5616: Handheld: CPortableDriveBase::TransferFile:     Writing 995171 bytes
42969906: 5616: Handheld: CPortableDriveBase::TransferFile:     Sending progress
42970000: 5616: Handheld: CPortableDriveBase::TransferFile:     Reading 1034113 bytes
42970015: 5616: Handheld: CPortableDriveBase::TransferFile:     Writing 1034113 bytes
42971109: 5616: Handheld: CPortableDriveBase::TransferFile:     Sending progress
42971109: 5616: Handheld: CPortableDriveBase::TransferFile:     Reading 1034113 bytes
42971125: 5616: Handheld: CPortableDriveBase::TransferFile:     Writing 1034113 bytes
42972312: 5616: Handheld: CPortableDriveBase::TransferFile:     Sending progress
42972312: 5616: Handheld: CPortableDriveBase::TransferFile:     Reading 1034113 bytes
42972328: 5616: Handheld: CPortableDriveBase::TransferFile:     Writing 1034113 bytes
42973187: 5616: Handheld: CPortableDriveBase::TransferFile:     Sending progress
42973265: 5616: Handheld: CPortableDriveBase::TransferFile:     Reading 1034113 bytes
42973531: 5616: Handheld: CPortableDriveBase::TransferFile:     Writing 117744 bytes
42973796: 5616: Handheld: CPortableDriveBase::TransferFile:     Sending progress
42973812: 5616: Handheld: CPortableDriveBase::TransferFile:     EOF
42973812: 5616: Handheld: CPortableDriveBase::TransferFile: Finished transfer
1630047: 5616: Reader: CLocalReader::Close: Closing: C:\Documents and Settings\atw10wf6\Application Data\J River\Media Center 14\Temp\07 - Céline Dion - Real Emotion.mp3
42974140: 5616: Handheld: CPortableDriveBase::TransferFile: Finish (6109 ms)
42974140: 5616: Handheld: CPortableDriveGeneric::TransferCoverArt: Start
1630094: 5616: Reader: CLocalReader::OpenInternal: Opening: M:\My Music\@.Interpreter\Céline Dion\The Colour Of My Love\Folder.jpg
1630125: 5616: Reader: CLocalReader::Close: Closing: M:\My Music\@.Interpreter\Céline Dion\The Colour Of My Love\Folder.jpg
42974765: 5616: Handheld: CPortableDriveGeneric::TransferCoverArt: Finish (625 ms)
42974765: 5616: Handheld: CPortableDriveGeneric::Upload: Finish (6734 ms)
1630719: 5616: Handheld: CHHPluginThread::Thread Message Processing: Finish (6765 ms)
1630735: 3588: Handheld: CHHPluginThread::ProcessCommand: Finish (6781 ms)
1630735: 3588: Handheld: CHHUploadWorkerUploadThread::Thread: Upload complete (hr=0)
1630735: 3588: Handheld: CHHUploadWorkerUploadThread::Thread: Cleaning up
1633110: 3588: Handheld: CHHUploadWorkerUploadThread::Thread: Finish (9219 ms)
1634141: 5332: Handheld: CHHUploadWorker::NotifyUploadFinished: Start
1634141: 5332: Handheld: CHHUploadWorker::NotifyUploadFinished: Setting status
1634141: 5332: Handheld: CHHUploadWorker::NotifyUploadFinished: Deleting upload thread
1634157: 5332: Handheld: CHHUploadWorker::NotifyUploadFinished: Starting next upload
1634172: 5332: Handheld: CHHUploadWorker::StartNextDownload: Start
1634172: 5332: Handheld: CHHUploadWorker::StartNextDownload: Finish (0 ms)
1634172: 5332: Handheld: CHHUploadWorker::StartNextDownload: Finish (0 ms)
1634188: 5332: Handheld: CHHUploadWorker::StartNextDownload: Finish (16 ms)
1634188: 5332: Handheld: CHHUploadWorker::StartNextUpload: Start
1634188: 5332: Handheld: CHHUploadWorker::StartNextUpload: Finish (0 ms)
1634188: 5332: Handheld: CHHUploadWorker::NotifyUploadFinished: Finish (47 ms)
1640110: 4868: General: TopLevelExceptionFilter: Unhandled exception -- program crashing
1640110: 4868: General: TopLevelExceptionFilter: Message: 0, wParam: 0, lParam: 0, Window class:
1653235: 5508: Playback: CMJWaveFeeder::Thread: Finished feeder loop (bCancel: 0)
1653250: 5508: Playback: CMJWaveFeeder::Thread: Finish (29343 ms)
1653829: 3804: Playback: CMJWaveFeeder::~CMJWaveFeeder: Start
1653829: 3804: Playback: CMJWaveFeeder::~CMJWaveFeeder: Cancel
1653829: 3804: Playback: CMJWaveFeeder::~CMJWaveFeeder: Stopping thread
1653860: 3804: Playback: CMJWaveFeeder::~CMJWaveFeeder: Deleting input source
1653860: 3804: Reader: VBufferedReader::Close: Start
Pages: [1]   Go Up