INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: could someone help with a new Theatre View skin?  (Read 2074 times)

mabes

• Galactic Citizen
could someone help with a new Theatre View skin?
« on: September 18, 2009, 09:47:51 am »

First, is there a way to insert an attachment, I don't see it. I've got a screen shot which I pasted into Word, I don't know how else to post a picture of the view.

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: could someone help with a new Theatre View skin?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 10:45:25 am »

i dont know if i could help, but screenshots could be posted by either finding a host, or use pix01 from within mc self, or click on the addition options left under the screen you make your post in.
on using word for a screen shot: you could use mc also for that. make a screenshot and click on camara in the action window left under, and choose copy from clipboard.  :)

are you making a skin for mc 14?

:)
gab

mabes

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 01:58:07 pm »

Not very big but if you zoom in you get the idea. I just took the Acajou view and removed the background and buttons, and in the Shared/Base1.xml changed the PIP Placement line from "right" to "top" and changed the size. But I really want to get rid of that thumbnail on the right and don't know how, I don't need a 2nd copy of the playing album. Actually a 3rd copy, at the bottom are the previously played track, the current one, and the next one. I think I may make the large picture a little smaller so the ones at the bottom are a little bigger. And now that I think of it, having them in the middle might be better. So all I really need to do is push that lower set of thumbnails to the right, the one I don't want will just be pushed off the screen.

I imagine this would work for MC14. BTW if anyone tries this, it will affect all other Theatre View screens.

gappie

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 04:05:42 pm »

there are two things first. i think the best thing to do is not change the base files, but copy the parts you want to change to your own skin (or a copy of a standard skin you want to change). the skins are picked up by reading the main xml from the skin first and takes what ever is missed from the link at the top (base1 , 2 or 3).
the other thing is that i believe any thing in the base 1 and the skins pointing to it, is getting outdated, for a vertical scroll bar check out the obsidian touchscreen skin and the base 3 that gives an example of the code to use and put in your own skin. im pretty shure you wont get rid of that small thumb at the right, and might get problems when going into info panels. the older skins are blasts from the past i guess, but im sure you can get far using a mixture of the new vertical scrollbars and and the 'traditional scrol bar'. im using a skin which has the pip on the front page with a vertical scroll bar and the horizonal scroll everywhere else. i think for some things here you are on unexplored paths, so:  succes, have fun, keep us updated, and when you have some questions just try.  8)

gab

ps: i started a thread with questions and some answers when i started to make my own skin in 14, when you stumble over one please help me out.  ;)
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=52346.0

mabes

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 07:59:56 pm »

I got lazy and didn't make a copy of the skin first, it didn't matter because I was never going to use it anyway, none of them in fact. Not that there is anything so wrong with them they're just not what I want. I'm reasonably happy with what I have now. I will make a copy of that and then play around with it.

It's funny, I've had MC for a long time and am always surprised at the lack of interest in theatre view skins. What are there, 3? Dozens of standard view skins . I liked Obsidian the best, really the main reason Im doing this is that thumbnail I mentioned,it never made sense to me to have 2 copies of the same cover displaying at the same time. But as you say I probably won't be able to get rid of it and no big deal, it's small now and off to the side

BTW I'm using 13, not sure if I'll upgrade, most of the new development seems to be about video and I don't use MC for that.

gappie

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2009, 06:31:50 am »

I got lazy and didn't make a copy of the skin first, it didn't matter because I was never going to use it anyway, none of them in fact. Not that there is anything so wrong with them they're just not what I want. I'm reasonably happy with what I have now. I will make a copy of that and then play around with it.

It's funny, I've had MC for a long time and am always surprised at the lack of interest in theatre view skins. What are there, 3? Dozens of standard view skins . I liked Obsidian the best, really the main reason Im doing this is that thumbnail I mentioned,it never made sense to me to have 2 copies of the same cover displaying at the same time. But as you say I probably won't be able to get rid of it and no big deal, it's small now and off to the side

BTW I'm using 13, not sure if I'll upgrade, most of the new development seems to be about video and I don't use MC for that.
there are some skins around and i know some people use their own thv skins. i guess the lack of interest is also because there is not really much to change in the thv skins. and because its not always clear how to start, since most things are 'hidden' in the base files.

when thv is important for you you could give 14 a test ride. imho thv became so much better in comparison with 13.

gab

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2009, 07:51:24 am »

Theater View has changed a lot in MC14.  It's worth a look.

mabes

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2009, 02:17:26 pm »

If I downlaod for a trial, how do I go back to 13 if I don't decide to buy?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2009, 02:27:56 pm »

Just uninstall MC14 and use MC13 again.  MC won't be removed unless you uninstall it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up