INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrading to Windows 7  (Read 968 times)

CMiner

• Recent member
Upgrading to Windows 7
« on: November 06, 2009, 05:04:00 pm »

I've read that the upgrade version of Windows 7 will allow you to format your hard drive and do a clean install, and that's what I'd like to do.

How do I go about saving the MC library then reinstalling it so everything looks just the way it is now?  I don't mean the media files themselves, that's just a matter of copying them from one drive to another.  What I want to know is how do I make sure the library database transfers over OK so I don't have to reenter a bunch of stuff.

It's probably something pretty simple, huh?

Thanks.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Upgrading to Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 05:16:43 pm »

File/Library/Backup.

tjobbins

• World Citizen
Re: Upgrading to Windows 7
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 11:24:53 pm »

File/Library/Backup.

Ideally  put the media files back in the same location after the install  - if their paths change you can fix this in the M library by doing a "Rename, Move and Copy Files" operation and choosing "Update database to point to new location (no file rename, move)", then choosing Find and Replace and changing the older location ot the new.  e.g.  c:\media becomes f:\media or whatever - as long as all paths changed in the same way. 

Your settings will not be backed up - that, the is stuff under Tools->Options - so you might want to review what you've done and take screenshots of anything significant, for recreation later.   

Ditto plugin settings, if any (I think)
Pages: [1]   Go Up