INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Server crash on Windows 7  (Read 1055 times)

ecaggiani

Media Server crash on Windows 7
« on: December 21, 2009, 10:31:32 am »

Not sure what else to do so I'm posting here to see if anyone has any suggestions. Here's my specs:

• Running Media Center 14.0.111
  • Music/Video/Picture directories reside on a NAS and is accessed via \\servername but also have mapped drives
  • Running Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit
  • PC has 2GB RAM, Intel Core2 Quad CPU @ 2.40GHz
  • Setup UPnP for Xbox 360, Library Server, and Tivo Server in Media Center

So I can launch MC fine and the servers will stay up for a while, but inevitably when I check back maybe a few hours later, it has crashed (I hover over the Media Server icon in the tray and it disappears). When I relaunch MC, I get the message that it had quit unexpectedly and that I should turn off skins, load default library, etc.

One thing I noticed is that my music collection is larger on disk than what has been indexed in the MC library (probably crashed during import) and my thought is that when it tries to add the missing files during auto import, it crashes. How do I find out what is causing it to crash? Is there a log?

One other issue is that my Xbox doesn't see the UPnP server when its running. Not sure why.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

-Ed

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Media Server crash on Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 10:37:26 am »

Please start with the link called "Stability" in my signature.

Try simplifying the setup if you can.  Library and content on a local drive, for example.  Just as a test.

If it's failing on import, it may be a bad DirectShow filter.  Try a test library with only music and photos, since video may be causing it.

ecaggiani

Re: Media Server crash on Windows 7
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 11:02:38 am »

Thanks...will try and see if I can capture what's causing the crash.
Pages: [1]   Go Up