INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BUG: deletion in "recently played" does not act as playlist deletion  (Read 1726 times)

Tolga

• Galactic Citizen

Deletion in recently played bring deletion from MC menu, this is a bug and it is dangerous. This behavior is inconsistent with outer playlists including similar stack playlists like "Recently Imported".

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: BUG: deletion in "recently played" does not act as playlist deletion
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 06:50:02 pm »

Can someone confirm this?

rick.ca

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 01:10:03 am »

Confirmed (using build 144). Delete results in the usual three-choice delete confirmation. I don't often delete from a playlist, but it seems to me there's normally no confirmation, or a "remove from list" confirmation. Not only is the media file deleted, it cannot be re-imported to the library. It's not recognized if the directory is rescanned (without "ignore files previously deleted" selected). Attempting to do so using the shell command, MC reports the file has been "updated for external changes," but the file is nowhere to be found in the library. I had to change the filename to get it back into the library.

Lasse_Lus

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 04:05:55 am »

Deletion in recently played bring deletion from MC menu, this is a bug and it is dangerous. This behavior is inconsistent with outer playlists including similar stack playlists like "Recently Imported".

"recently played" is a smartlist "Recently Imported" is a playlist..

a file in a playlist is only a reference, a file in a smartlist is an answer of a question you asked MC, just like in any view..

(...if you press shift and delete from within a playlist you will also get this question)

MT5FR

rick.ca

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2010, 05:07:36 am »

OIC—that makes sense. I'm so used to it, I failed to notice the confirmation is perfectly explicit... "Are you sure you want to delete n files from your Media Library and playlists?"

I do still wonder why I'm unable to re-import a file that has been deleted from the library.
Pages: [1]   Go Up