INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 15.0.20 Beta -- Download Here  (Read 7742 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 15.0.20 Beta -- Download Here
« on: April 07, 2010, 01:49:13 pm »

This is a beta version of MC 15.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/MediaCenter150020.exe (requires an MC15 license)
[this build shows MC15.0.19 in Help/About, but it is build 20]

15.0.20 (04/07/2010)

1. Changed: Updated YouTube! support to allow downloading / native
playback of content. (uses 720p MP4 whenever possible)
2. Fixed: Folder changes performed from Options > Library & Folders >
Configure auto-import did not stick.
3. Changed: Skins that resize their titlebar based on user font
selection will use bold text for the titlebar.
4. NEW: "Lookup DVD Info From Wikipedia" allows checking whether the
image and/or text should be used.

15.0.19 (04/05/2010)

1. NEW: Added an option in 'Television' to disable recording. (useful when sharing a networked library to prevent clients from recording)
2. NEW: Moved 'Library Server' settings to Options > Network.
3. Optimized: Improved drawing performance of user interface engine used for dialogs, wizards, options, etc.
4. Changed: Improved support for large fonts in some areas of the program.
5. Changed: Installer is sizable.
6. NEW: Skins can allow titlebar sizing to hold a larger fonts. (currently only supported by Noire)
7. NEW: The new default audio and subtitle language selection option is also applied to DVD playback.
8. Fixed: DLNA renderer was sending pause before stop (should fix PlugPlayer problems)
9. Changed: DLNAExtra flags while transcoding, try to get DLNA transcoding to work with Samsung DLNA TV's.

15.0.18 (04/05/2010)

1. Changed: Reworked how physical DVDs are imported so that their file naming more closely matches ripped DVDs.
2. Fixed: Physical DVDs could fail to show playable files (only applies to last few builds).
3. Changed: Improved support for DVD collections that don't use 'VIDEO_TS' folders.
4. Fixed: Doing a right-click 'Import Into Library' could fail for physical DVD files. (command is also now several times faster)
5. Changed: Deleting a ripped DVD from disk inside Media Center will correctly remove all the IFO, VOB, and BUP files.
6. Fixed: Play silence at startup option added in build 14 allows greater control over the amount of silence to play.
7. Changed: "Lookup DVD Info From Wikipedia" gets full resolution image instead of thumbnail image.
8. Changed: Added a 'Search' button to the "Lookup DVD Info From Wikipedia" for clarity (previously searches were rerun after changes stopped in the edit control).
9. Fixed: Pressing enter in the search box of "Lookup DVD Info From Wikipedia" will run the search instead of closing the dialog.
10. Fixed: Looking up DVD information for a physical DVD wouldn't properly save the cover art if the program was set to use Folder.jpg.
11. Changed: Consolidated auto-import configuration from the Import dialog and Options > Library & Folders into a single dialog.
12. NEW: Added Options > Library & Folders > Library Server Client > Show playback zones from the server on the client.
13. NEW: Added Options > Library & Folders > Library Server Client > Automatically sync changes made on client back to server on shutdown.
14. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks Benoit de Corn).
15. Changed: When connected to a library server, the client will not attempt to record television.
16. NEW: Default language selection (Tools > Options > Video > Video) for audio and subtitle streams in video playback.

15.0.17 (04/02/2010)

1. Changed: A default auto-import on a fresh install will no longer search network drivers.
2. Changed: Changed count-down for automatic import on a fresh install from 20 seconds to 30 seconds.
3. New: Quiet option for the external audio encoder. Prevents command window popup.
4. New: Added DLNAExtra in advanced options for the DLNA server. Adds extra information when content is delivered.  May help on Samsung TV's.
5. Fixed: When starting up a movie that took a while to load (like an MP4 on a server), the player could freeze until playback started.
6. Changed: When opening a file for playback in full screen, a little animated icon is shown next to 'Opening...'.
7. Fixed: Floating player bars could appear on mouse movement in Theater View.
8. Changed: Improved handling of 'naked' VOB files that aren't in a DVD folder with an IFO so that the VOB files play like simple MPEG files.
9. Fixed: No default base path was being specified for downloaded video files.
10. Changed: Playback Method for mp4, m4a, 3gp types will default to DirectShow (previously they might default to Quicktime).

15.0.16 (04/01/2010)

1. Changed: Revised timeout to June 30, 2010.
2. Changed: No longer works with a Media Center 14 license.
3. Fixed: Playing an image from Cover View didn't nicely jump to full screen display and back.
4. Optimized: Improved performance of all tree and list drawing.
5. Optimized: Improved performance of core thread-parallelizer which is used in many places to run multi-threaded loop code.
6. Optimized: Thumbnail drawing code for file lists is faster.
7. Fixed: Doing multiple simultaneous external conversions at once could cause a hang.
8. Changed: "Lookup DVD Info From Wikipedia" available for all videos; renamed to "Lookup Movie Info From Wikipedia...".
9. Changed: All skins use a floating playerbar in full screen modes, even if they don't provide dedicated FullScreenPlayer artwork.
10. Changed: Cover View shows left tree and top player independent of one another.
11. Fixed: Scrolling text in a floating player window in Display View or Cover View could draw incorrectly.
12. Changed: The 'Cover View' icon only appears in library view headers instead of the headers of all views. (still available from View menu with any view)

15.0.15 (03/31/2010)

1. NEW: New tooltips with bigger art and more information for videos.
2. NEW: Added new tool 'Lookup DVD Info From Wikipedia...' available on a right-click for any DVD.
3. Changed: More fixes and optimizations on JRiver URL Reader filter.
4. Fixed: Default Video Renderer selection ("Automatic") for video playback since build 11 was VMR9 instead of EVR even though EVR was available.
5. NEW: Added several stock fields for videos: Gross Revenue, Budget, Cinematographer, Editor, Distributor, Prequel, Sequel, Music By, Language.
6. Changed: Improved support for putting a space after the semi-colon in a list-type field for improved readability. (please report any issues)
7. Changed: Improved naming and labeling of ripped DVDs during import.
8. Fixed: Dragging and dropping ripped DVD folders into the library or a playlist could make a mess.
9. Fixed: Auto-import could incorrectly detect ripped DVDs as changed and update library information from tags.

15.0.14 (03/30/2010)

1. NEW: Added new option 'Play silence at startup for hardware synchronization' to Options > Audio that plays a little silence when first opening an output (or changing formats) to allow audio hardware to synchronize. (needed for devices like the Bel Canto USB Link that otherwise crop a little of a new signal)
2. Fixed: DLNA, transcoded music files could be from 1-8095 bytes short if not falling on a 8096 byte boundary.
3. Changed: Add file extensions for audio and image files in the content directory for DLNA. Some renderers improperly key off of the extension.
4. Fixed: Facebook upload status. Now an action window.

15.0.13 (03/29/2010)

1. Changed: MC will install MP4Splitter if it is not already found on user's computer before playing an mp4/m4a file, if the user has not selected any filters.
2. Changed: Further tweaks in mp4 file graph-building.
3. Changed: Improved artwork for Cover View toggle at top right of view.
4. Changed: Cover View only shows the playerbar when the mouse hits the very top of the screen.
5. Fixed: Cover View did not allow forward / back shortcuts.
6. Changed: Cover View hides file lists at the bottom of a library view showing category thumbnails.
7. Changed: Navigation tree appears when moving mouse to the border in Cover View.
8. Changed: F11 includes 'Cover View' when looping through available full screen views.
9. Fixed: Possible DLNA deadlock during especially high DLNA device activity.
10. Changed: Transparent borders in Display View and Cover View fade into view instead of snapping into view.

15.0.12 (03/26/2010)

1. NEW: Added new 'Cover View'. (Ctrl+5 or arrow at top right of views)
2. Fixed: Action Window > Camera could fail to create the output path.
3. Fixed: The French language was corrupted.
4. Fixed: Possible threading dead-lock during high activity DLNA usage.
5. Fixed: Playing a file to a DLNA device from WebRemote's Playing Now list could play a different file.
6. Fixed: DVD could fail to play if an old video renderer selection value was out of range in the new system (build 11 only).

15.0.11 (03/24/2010)

1. Fixed: DLNA device resubscription was not working (only applies to build 9).
2. Changed: Revised DLNA device resubscription system so that a single failed attempt to subscribe won't stop future retries.
3. Changed: Switched WebRemote's default port to 52199 (to stay in the JRiver network / DLNA range of 52100 to 52199)
4. Changed: Some changes are made in DVD video renderer selection. Sorry, you will need to make a one time re-selection of DVD video renderer.  Other video types should not be affected.  Please report any irregularities (other than "my DVD video renderer was changed").
5. Optimized: The program is less aggressive about updating playback information for remote zones that are not active.
6. Changed: Improved how DLNA controlling detects changes in playback state to provide more reliable and faster track changes.
7. Fixed: The playback status ('Playing', 'Paused', etc.) would not update correctly for DLNA zones.
8. Fixed: If there was a failure contacting the Netflix API, it would keep trying every 1/4 second forever.
9. Changed: DLNA engine keeps a list of naughty devices that advertise themselves (sometimes over and over) but are unreachable to avoid communicating with faulty hardware.
10. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks to Bytestar).
11. Changed: Updated French translation (thanks Benoit de Corn).
12. Changed: Optimized Netflix API calls so we'll be less likely to burn through our daily quota.  With all my testing we burned through the quota today however (sorry!).
13. Fixed: Some AIFF files created in dBpoweramp played with a brief noise at the end.

Alexx

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Now I feel wonderful!
Re: Media Center 15.0.20 Beta -- Download Here
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 03:25:13 pm »

I just installed the 15.0.20 beta listed on this page, but in the about box it says 15.0.19.

rossp

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 04:06:16 pm »

8. Fixed: DLNA renderer was sending pause before stop (should fix PlugPlayer  problems)

Confirmed, thanks guys.....

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 08:43:11 pm »

I'm confused.  This build is stated above as released 04/07/2010 and yet according to the forum it was posted yesterday.
Even if you guys posted it at 10pm your time yesterday, that would be 3am my time Today.... which isn't yesterday.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 08:50:30 pm »

I'm confused.  This build is stated above as released 04/07/2010 and yet according to the forum it was posted yesterday.
Even if you guys posted it at 10pm your time yesterday, that would be 3am my time Today.... which isn't yesterday.

And if build 20 went back in time and killed build 19, what would happen?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 08:56:09 pm »

Why does both MC14 and MC15 repeatedly download (or try and fail to download) "Windows MTP Hotfix Kxxxxxxx"

Is this something needed?

Windows Update does not show anything needed, nor have I caught the hotfix "K" number to manually seek it out. This happens on more than one machine, all Windows XP Pro.
. . . the game is rigged

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 08:57:39 pm »

And if build 20 went back in time and killed build 19, what would happen?

Ah it all makes sense.  Kind of.

Anyhow the new Wiki Changes are brilliant! Thanks  ;D

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2010, 08:57:56 pm »

Why does both MC14 and MC15 repeatedly download (or try and fail to download) "Windows MTP Hotfix Kxxxxxxx"

Is this something needed?

Windows Update does not show anything needed, nor have I caught the hotfix "K" number to manually seek it out. This happens on more than one machine, all Windows XP Pro.

What is the full version of msscp.dll in your Windows system directory?

Are any of the machines XP Media Center addition?

AoXoMoXoA

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2010, 10:13:11 pm »

C:\WINDOWS\system32\MSSCP.dll is version: 10.0.0.3802 on both machines.

No XP Media Center versions, all XP Pro SP3
. . . the game is rigged

KeystoneCop

• Galactic Citizen
  • I hate computers..
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2010, 10:23:54 pm »

Tools-Options-Tree & View- Advanced-right click recent command count.

The count changes, but when you right click it is stuck on locate. there is no recent commands for the following

LOCATE ..name
                        Locate .. Artist
                        Locate.. album.

it just saves LOCATE  It used to save all 3.
There is a way to compare tags

[=isequal([band],[album])]=1

thanks marko

rick.ca

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2010, 12:30:37 am »

1. Changed: Updated YouTube! support to allow downloading / native playback of content. (uses 720p MP4 whenever possible)

YouTube in Theatre View doesn't work for me either (in MC14 or 15). The URLs (according to the Filename field) are being recorded as webmedia\\YouTube\[video code]. It's behaving as if IE is trying to open this directly. It doesn't get past the unknown "webmedia" protocol.

I don't know if there's any connection here, but now the problem is worse—attempts to play YouTube videos from Theatre View result in the program becoming unresponsive. After about a minute, Firefox (my default browser) takes focus and attempts to play the video using its QuickTime plugin. The URL is like this one:

http://v5.lscache8.c.youtube.com/videoplayback?ip=0.0.0.0&sparams=id%2Cexpire%2Cip%2Cipbits%2Citag%2Cratebypass%2Coc%3AU0dWRVdMTl9FSkNNNl9PRlJB&fexp=903311&itag=22&ipbits=0&sver=3&ratebypass=yes&expire=1270710000&key=yt1&signature=7919CFC5AF3B0FB03551B33B27965E69BFCA313B.4CC62299EFC6A41E391579E7B0BB7EB8443C993C&id=4b61c875ae704955

morrison

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2010, 09:15:27 am »

after update one of my MC receive message "interface plug-in "Library Server" is not the correct version"

TunaOnToast

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2010, 09:40:39 am »

I've just set up MC15 with a test library and set up Library Server.
However it seems that no matter what port I set up, Library Server starts with the default port wich is 52198.

morrison

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2010, 01:14:19 pm »

Can confirm, library server doesn't work with custom port

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2010, 01:52:29 pm »

C:\WINDOWS\system32\MSSCP.dll is version: 10.0.0.3802 on both machines.

No XP Media Center versions, all XP Pro SP3

Maybe some software is blocking installation of the hotfix?

Please try directly installing the fix:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902344

Thanks, and let us know what you find.

Stonehedge

• Recent member
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2010, 07:06:29 pm »

Yes, this was confirmed by me when using help/about ....... is it stated 15.0.19.

I just installed the 15.0.20 beta listed on this page, but in the about box it says 15.0.19.

AoXoMoXoA

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2010, 05:24:04 pm »

Maybe some software is blocking installation of the hotfix?

Please try directly installing the fix:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902344

Thanks, and let us know what you find.

Matt,

Since the M$ site says this is to remedy issues with 'Windows Media DRM' content, and I do not use any, I will skip this unless MC needs it for something.
. . . the game is rigged

sdgrizdan

• Galactic Citizen
  • The body cannot live without the mind
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2010, 02:40:06 am »

Bug?: I cannot use the "Move/Copy Fields" tool to copy source: 'Album' to destination: 'Date'.

Several of my .AVI files have the date in the Album field for some reason so I want to batch copy the field over. I can replicate this in audio, images, and videos.

dildaly

• Recent member
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2010, 03:00:21 pm »

I have installed the latest incarnation of Media Centre and still cannot access YouTube files in Theatre View. Now it passes the link onto Internet Explorer and attempts to play it via IE8.

Please help... this is my second post on this topic.

Thanks

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2010, 03:29:09 pm »

I have installed the latest incarnation of Media Centre and still cannot access YouTube files in Theatre View. Now it passes the link onto Internet Explorer and attempts to play it via IE8.

Please help... this is my second post on this topic.

Thanks

Hopefully this will be fixed next build.

YouTube threw us some wrinkles.

Thanks.

daragh

• Recent member
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2010, 06:58:28 pm »

Really looking forward to using this! Keep up the great work - I am a huge fan.

Some feedback:

1. On installation, I selected Noire - Glass theme, but it complained that my OS doesn't have Aero capability. I am running Win7...
2. It immediately started importing my music, but when it finished (showing the number of files imported > 0), the music panes were empty of files; It seems that the import sensed *some* of the MC14 directories, but not all correctly. Was it because the podcast directory is beneath the music root?
3. In the 'Browse for Folder' window (curiously in a separate process icon), clicking in the vertical scroll bar does not move the pane contents by a screen - dragging the scrollbar still works, tho'

...more as I see it! Thanks, again.

Cheers,

Daragh
Pages: [1]   Go Up