INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 15.0.38 -- Available Here  (Read 5902 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 15.0.38 -- Available Here
« on: May 10, 2010, 10:08:36 am »

This is a beta version of MC 15.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/MediaCenter150038.exe

15.0.38 (5/7/2010)

1. Fixed: Television recording could fail to build a proper filename due to string changes in build 36.
2. Changed: Fixes and enhancements to DLNA and WebPlay conversion system.
3. Fixed: At shutdown, the JRReader.dll and JRImage.dll core libraries could be unloaded forcibly instead of naturally.
4. Changed: JRiver URL Reader filter can work with MPEG streams.
5. NEW: For the DLNA server audio, "Always Convert" to mp3 or uncompressed wave makes a seekable stream and invokes DSP studio for replay gain and sample rate conversion.
6. Changed: Report resolution on DLNA served image files when the "shrink large images" option is selected in the content directory.

15.0.37 (5/5/2010)

1. Fixed: CUE files that contained multiple file links but no root file link could fail to parse correctly.
2. Fixed: Library Manager did not allow creating a new library entry that pointed to an existing library.
3. Fixed: With Media Server running and audio playing in a non-active zone, closing the program could allow audio playback to continue in the inactive zone.
4. Fixed: In some occasions MC was unable to play the next track due to a failed cleanup of the DirectShow graph of the previous track.
5. Changed: JRiver Audio Renderer in video playback will only accept an AC3 SPDIF connection if the user has configured it's connection type as "Digital connection to a surround sound receiver (supports AC3 and DTS)".
6. Changed: More improvements to new DLNA and WebPlay conversion system.

15.0.36 (5/3/2010)

1. Optimized: Improved performance of core string engine used everywhere in the program.
2. Optimized: The database takes a little less memory.
3. Fixed: When playing source material with more than 16-bits to ASIO, the output could cap a peak at 32767/32768ths (0.999969482421875) instead of 1.0.
4. Fixed: The DSP Studio overflow mode was not properly applied on startup for video playback.
5. Changed: Pasting HTML into a Note supports a broader range of HTML formats.
6. Changed: An HTML hyperlink pasted into a Note is clickable.
7. NEW: New music transcoding system for DLNA and WebPlay -- still in development.

15.0.35 (4/29/2010)

1. NEW (Experimental!): Remuxing of television recording (digital television only, i.e. ATSC or DVB-T) jtv files to MKV.  Requires Haali Matraska Muxer filter which is part of Haali Media Splitter installation.  Select jtv files, and go to Tools > Advanced Tools > Convert Format...
2. Changed: It is no longer possible to create a new library in a non-empty folder (the program requires full control over its library folder, and deletes files in that folder that are obsolete or foreign).
3. Changed: List-style fields like image keywords are saved to the database with spaces after delimiters. ("Al; Bob" instead of "Al;Bob")
4. Changed: Doing a manual 'Quick Find Cover Art' will force a rescan of a directory for art (previously could use a cached scan up to one minute old)
5. Changed: MCWS (developers web service) is available on a client using protocol commands. (i.e. on a local webpage, mc15://MCWS/v1/Playback/Pause)
6. Changed: The Library Server root page has a link to connect to the server (requires Media Center to be installed).
7. Fixed: Crash in "Export to iPod..." when trying to export unsupported media types.

15.0.34 (4/28/2010)

1. Fixed: Converting some audio formats that played using Directshow filters would not work properly.
2. Changed: Import dialogs are now sizable.
3. Fixed: When using large fonts, the auto-import configuration dialog would not show 'Add' in the menu of commands.
4. Fixed: AIFF could appear multiple times in file association / import type lists.
5. Fixed: The .mpeg file type no longer associated with audio, only video.
6. Changed: When connected to a library server or in party mode, export to iTunes is disabled.
7. Changed: More library commands like 'Back Up Library', etc. are disabled when in Party Mode.
8. NEW: Added expression functions IsPlaying() and IsInPlayingNow().
9. Fixed: The Theater View television view 'By Program' was including groupings for previously deleted recordings.
10. Fixed: Uninstall could leave an entry for running Media Server on Windows startup if that startup mode had been selected by the user.
11. Changed: When locking all views in a three view split view configuration, the other two views are unlocked (it's not valid or possible to lock all views).
12. Fixed: When copying a file in Explorer to the clipboard then pasting it as the cover art for a file in Media Center, the source file could be erased after setting the art.
13. Changed: When setting cover art from the clipboard, a string version of a local filename will also be accepted (along with a URL to an image, an image, or a system file object)
14. Fixed: Pasting multiple files from Explorer to the cover art of files could cause a crash.
15. NEW: Television views of recorded television in Theater View can be fully user customized.

15.0.33 (4/27/2010)

1. Changed: Improved Twitter formatting for video and television files, switched to #nowplaying header.
2. NEW: Added favicon support to Library Server, WebPlay, and WebRemote.
3. NEW: Library Server Home Page with links when visiting the root of a library server. (i.e. http://libraryserveraddress:[port] shows a page with links to http://libraryserveraddress/WebRemote/, etc.)   See Server Home Page for more information.
4. Fixed: DSP setting changes for 'Tempo & Pitch' were no being saved.
5. Changed: Image thumbnail frames also draw in mixed lists of images + video instead of only being used in image-only lists.
6. NEW: Added the ability to lock a playlist to prevent unintended changes to the order or files.
7. Changed: When controlling a DLNA device, a stop command is issued before switching tracks to help with devices that don't like switching tracks while playing. (may help Pioneer receivers, etc.)
8. Internal: Revised how view headers create and display their buttons. (please report any issues)
9. NEW: DLNA Server, added thumbnails (if they exist) to the item[ description in the content directory if DLNAExtra is set.

leoric

• World Citizen
Re: Media Center 15.0.38 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 10:28:25 am »

1. Fixed: CUE files that contained multiple file links but no root file link could fail to parse correctly.
At last ;) Thanks! 
But there is another VERY annoying trouble with .cue - last track doesn't plays correctly (http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=57546.0).

Zardoz2293

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Beyond...
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 05:39:20 am »

Updated to v15.0.35 (from build 23) and encountered *corrupt text* mixed with text displayed correctly. Updated to build 38 same problem. Appears to only apply to the (1) program menu, (2) dialogue button text, (3) left-side treeview. This is the only program on the system showing this issue. Not sure how to correct.
    Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (Build 7601) [64-bit]
    Asus Sabertooth X58, i7-980X @4.1GHz, 24GB @PC3-14400

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 02:24:17 pm »

Updated to v15.0.35 (from build 23) and encountered *corrupt text* mixed with text displayed correctly. Updated to build 38 same problem. Appears to only apply to the (1) program menu, (2) dialogue button text, (3) left-side treeview. This is the only program on the system showing this issue. Not sure how to correct.

Please try an uninstall, reboot, and reinstall.

Make sure you've selected English as the language.

This isn't a report we're hearing often.  Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Zardoz2293

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Beyond...
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2010, 03:14:46 pm »

Please try an uninstall, reboot, and reinstall.
Make sure you've selected English as the language.
This isn't a report we're hearing often.  Thanks.
Did that late last night. Corrected the problem. First time I have experienced since using version 7 of the product.

Note: problem with the 'corrupt text' existed at the installer, before language option is available and 'express' was selected, this was the first time I had used the express install method. It is interesting that the "OK" text was always correct but "Cancel" is always "oooooo". Further, after the installing (and working correctly) there was one spot where it was still unreadable, located in the "Playlists".
    Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (Build 7601) [64-bit]
    Asus Sabertooth X58, i7-980X @4.1GHz, 24GB @PC3-14400

Belarathon

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2010, 06:09:47 pm »

Up until this build, I was having to "fix" the stream of my raw transport stream recordings in order to be able to fast forward and rewind them in MC. Now this step is no longer necessary.  Can you explain this?   Thanks, whatever you've done. :)
JRiver Media Center 27 → Topping E30 → Luxkit z501 or Sherwood S5000 → A/D/S L810

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2010, 05:06:39 am »

In this build the tick box "restrict encoder to constant bit rate (CBR encoding)" on the MP3 encoder is broken. I get variable bit rates even though the CBR box is checked.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2010, 06:26:10 am »

Actually, all MP3 encoding settings in the standard file converter seem to be broken. The resulting file is always "VBR Normal".

I didn't try the MP3 encoding settings that exist elsewhere (ripper, burner, handheld sync, library server, etc).
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

tunetyme

• Galactic Citizen
  • Have tunes will travel
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2010, 12:27:29 pm »

Still having difficulty with cover art.  When I use "quick find" one or two are attached.  If I try to use the command again on another group of files or album directory nothing happens.  if i select a single file nothing happens yet I can manually attach each file.  When importing into 12 I have no difficulty.  It sees every album cover and it attaches them when it displays "recently imported".

I still don't have a "date" field displaying properly.  I've tried update library from tags and it is still blank.  Works great in 12.

Tunetyme

jack wallstreet

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2010, 03:40:14 pm »

Still having difficulty with cover art.  When I use "quick find" one or two are attached. 
Tunetyme

I am not aware of a problem in 15, but I sometimes have had problems (in MC 13, 14) with getting cover art to "stick" to files.  I have used the following tricks to update tags that seem to work when I need them on rare occasion.

1. Explicitly remove cover art from files and then try importing cover art to the files again.  Typically I do this by block selecting a number of files (e.g., an album) and removing art, and then block importing the new art (from file, from J River or whereever).  Has always worked for me in the rare occasions that I have seemed to have a problem.

2. I sometimes update (enhance) an mp3 file by converting to wav, modifying it,  and then back to mp3 and copy  the new mp3 file (without cover art) on top of the old mp3.  I have found that the only reliable method of restoring the cover art (for unknown reasons) seems to be: update tags  from library, update library from tags and then again perform an update tags from library.  I have no idea why it sometimes takes that three steps.
John

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2010, 05:58:18 pm »

Hi,

I'm having a number of problems with MC 15. I've been trying it for a few weeks now. I just upgraded to .38 and the problems persist.

I should mention that I'm trying to run MC with no local library and only connect to a library server.

• MC won't shut down properly. When I exit the window goes away, but the MC process stays around forever. I've noticed that if I start MC, do not connect to the library server, and then shut down it is ok.
  • MC prompts me to create/import my local library everytime I start up. This may be related to the first problem since I can't shut down properly it might not be remembering I previous import.
  • Related to the previous, a normal library input doesn't work at all. If I go through the Media Import wizard and choose "Automatic" then MC shows a dialog saying it is doing the import with the spinning symbol, but it's stuck there forever.
  • Usually when playing video MC prompts me saying that I need to change my audio output format to match certain specifications (number of channels, bitrate, etc). This dialog usually appears multiple times, but if I just click through the OK buttons eventually the video plays fine.
  • Playlists aren't sorted as automatially as they used to be in MC 14. I have a playlist that is set to sort on a custom field that uses a formula. Everytime I open that playlist or add it to playing now it is sorted according to the old values of that field (even though the new values are displayed). If I resort that column (by clicking on the column header twice; once to sort reversed, once to sort correctly), then it is usally ok, but even this isn't 100% reliable.

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2010, 06:00:17 am »

Also I just found that when I try to manually sync my changes to the library server the "Searching for changes..." dialog box sits there forever. Note that this isn't a network connection problem because I'm still streaming music from the library server just fine.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2010, 06:58:38 am »

Also I just found that when I try to manually sync my changes to the library server the "Searching for changes..." dialog box sits there forever. Note that this isn't a network connection problem because I'm still streaming music from the library server just fine.
You should stop before you sync.

globetrotters1

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2010, 05:13:55 pm »

Forcing import via 'Drives and Devices'-'Import into Library' within the second process 'Updating library to match external changes...' the
STOP button doesn't get honored - it's simply not to stop anymore without killing the process

thanks

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2010, 05:20:34 pm »

You should stop before you sync.

Hmm, I just tried that too and it still has the same problem; never finishes searching for changes. I'm wondering if this is related to why the MC process doesn't go away when I quit. If it's in the background trying to sync changes forever...

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2010, 05:28:57 pm »

Here's a bit more info on my previous post...

When MC was stuck is the syncing process I tried to get out of it by clicking the close button. This didn't initially do anything, but I clicked a number of times repeatedly and then the MC window did go away. Interestingly, immediately after that the following dialog appeared (note, the main MC window was not shown at this point):

Database Read-Only
The database will be opened in read-only mode. Any changes will be lost when the program exits.

Clicking the OK button on this made the window go away and then immediately return again. Clicking OK again made it go away then the standard Windows "this program has crashed" window appeared.

maid

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2010, 07:15:14 pm »

I have some files with no size or time on them. Is there a fix?
Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2010, 10:46:55 am »

I have some files with no size or time on them. Is there a fix?

"Update Library (from tags)"
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

HiFiTubes

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2010, 01:57:34 pm »

I'm getting skipping on track changes when transcoding to mp3 over library server. I have tried WASAPI and Kernel streaming on my Maverick DAC via USB. I can play a 10 minute song with no problem and then I get skipping that does not recover. I have change the pre-buffer etc. to no avail.

Can the buffers be made more robust?

sdgrizdan

• Galactic Citizen
  • The body cannot live without the mind
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2010, 03:13:22 pm »

Sorry if i notice some minor things, but...

The minimize, expand, and close buttons on the top right do not glow when hovered on in all sub windows (options, plug-in manager, registration info, about, etc, etc.)

The buttons only glow on standard view, mini view, cover view, and display mode.

tunetyme

• Galactic Citizen
  • Have tunes will travel
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2010, 02:27:18 am »

Thanks Jack!

The problem I am having is not the cover art sticking to a file once attached.  What I am experiencing is a problem in the "batch mode" where i am importing multiple albums ripped by EAC.  It doesn't matter if it is a single album with all the songs and cover art in the same folder or a various artist collection where, again, the cover art is in each folder. 

When I import the files in 12 all the cover art is there within a few seconds as well as the date field is populated.  When I import the same files into 15 some may have the cover art attached and some do not.  I've left the PC on overnite to see if that would help. No luck. 

The date (four digit year) appears in the field in 12 but nothing appears in 15.  I don't know where to begin with this one.  I've tried updating from the tags but no luck.

Tunetyme

maid

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2010, 02:28:58 am »

This updated some duration but not on MKV and it does not fix the dimensions.
Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV

jolly1

• Recent member
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2010, 08:46:19 am »

Hi when running the network server and watching stream on PS3 the playback jumps forward missing parts of the movie. I store my files as x:\name of movie\video_Ts ie vob and ifo files.
The files are stored on Windows home server.
To eliminate the server being an influence re ripped movie to local disk and again jumps forward at exactly the same place.
This has happened on couple of movies. I upgraded to version 15 as the problem came to light in version 14. I only started using Media Center to play movies hopefully this problem can be solved.

Played the movie on the PC thro mc15 and works flawlessly. So it does not appear to be a file problem. Network runs @ 1gb

jolly1

• Recent member
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2010, 09:37:18 am »

Hi some further info on the above problem of skipping forward on PS3. I have Helios 5000 network player and when I play the same movie on this it skips forward at exactlly the same place.

On the windows home server, I have installed wizd streaming server.  If I play the movie on this via the Helios, it plays no problem.

I have selected PS3 on the Media center network services.  Initially had the generic server also removed the generic server.  Problem still there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up