INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How Do I Learn How to Use Some Of The Power Of This Program???  (Read 1223 times)

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

In another thread a very experienced user has been trying to help me solve a problem that I have displaying Video Genres in a way that is useful to me. It requires utilizing database search techniques including Expressions that I believe use Excel Syntax.

My dilemma is I don't have clue what is being suggested to me. It's all a foreign language! I would like to learn how to use some of the wonderful power of MC, but don't know where to begin gaining the knowledge I need. I looked in the wiki, but there just seems to be fill in the blanks info for a limited number of cases, or in others the assumption is made that you understand the syntax and what to do with it.

There must be others in the same boat. I would speculate that many take one look at the database terminology and just can't be bothered.

I would like to pursue this but would sure appreciate some suggestions about how I can learn the language and techniques needed for MC. Hopefully the only way is not months of classes :).

Thanking you in advance.
Rod

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
Re: How Do I Learn How to Use Some Of The Power Of This Program???
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 08:53:32 am »

To an extent, I'm in the same boat. I'd pay money for online video tutorials for some fo the untapped features. I'm sure I could learn something new everyday.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2010, 09:03:08 am »

In another thread a very experienced user has been trying to help me solve a problem that I have displaying Video Genres in a way that is useful to me. It requires utilizing database search techniques including Expressions that I believe use Excel Syntax.
Did you find this article?
http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php?title=Media_Center_expression_language

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2010, 09:25:58 am »

Did you find this article?
http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php?title=Media_Center_expression_language

I did not find that one. It will give me a lot to study and do some experimenting with. Perhaps then I can get a little bit of a feel for all this.

Thanks Jim for pointing it out.

Rod
Pages: [1]   Go Up