INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tag window focus jumps mid-edit -- new behavior?  (Read 814 times)

MusicHawk

• Citizen of the Universe
Tag window focus jumps mid-edit -- new behavior?
« on: July 01, 2010, 04:21:59 pm »

Has this changed? If so, can it change back?

I routinely am playing and tagging a bunch of tracks in a view. SOMETIMES (not always, but frequently), the following happens. It's been happening for a little while, but I've been doing the same method for years and don't recall having to "fight" it until recently.

I start playing a track, then go to the Tag window and update tags of the playing track. IF the playing track ends while I'm mid-edit, MC starts playing the next track. No problem.

But... sometimes MC also JUMPS the Tag editor focus to the next track -- mid-edit. This is mostly a risk while editing the Comments field if the text is long, therefore I'm in the field for a while. When MC gets to the end of the playing song, while I'm typing, suddenly the next keystrokes get put into the Comments field of the new track. I only notice this by looking at the screen (which sometimes I'm not because I'm typing something in from other info).

I don't think this Tag focus jump happens if I'm editing a field that has a pulldown/list, so perhaps MC can identify that as action in the Tag window, but not so easily notice editing a simple field like Comments.

In any case, the appropriate behavior would be to recognize the user is updating the current track therefore not jump the Tag window mid-edit, even if the playback does so.

I surmise it's tricky to deal with having two focuses: What the player is doing (in my theme indicated by bolding the track) and what the user is doing (indicated by coloring the selected record). But handling both is already smoothly handled except for the anomaly I'm reporting. Perhaps on first click into the Tag window for the selected track, set a flag that holds the Tag window on that record until some particular time of inactivity elapses (30 seconds?), OR the user clicks or otherwise selects another track (ignoring that MC's player has moved to another track on its own). Or maybe require an explicit "done tagging" click?

Also (wish list) could there be a way to open a larger editing area for the Comments field? Maybe a second "zoom" click, or a hot key? (Might be useful with several fields that tend to be used for lengthy text...)
Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.
Pages: [1]   Go Up