INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrade Pricing from any previous version???  (Read 866 times)

WeedWhackerDood

Upgrade Pricing from any previous version???
« on: July 29, 2010, 09:40:48 pm »

I have been a PAID/REGISTERED Media Center user since version 5 and have played with the incredibly advanced MC trial of MC14. I have held off upgrading until now as I wanted to MC15 to get to a stable state, as it appears it has finally done.

I received the upgrade/update email from JimH which stated:

>Now is the time to upgrade. MC15 has reached a mature stage we call STABLE.

>You'll get Win7 support, support for the latest hardware, many new audiophile, network, and other exciting features.

>Through Sunday, August 8, you can save $5 on an upgrade from any previous version.

However, when I reviewed the upgrade rules, I noticed that there are no upgrades from any version prior to MC8, is this true?

I also have the expired MC14 Trial still installed, took the time to convert every bit of media over to it to really give it a good test drive and found it to be very well advanced. Can i import all of the media and associated data into MC14 or do i have to redo all of the work?

Regards,

Weed

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Upgrade Pricing from any previous version???
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 09:46:29 pm »

Welcome to Interact.  If you install MC15, it can import an MC14 library.  Just backup from MC14 and restore in MC15.

You can get the special price if you have a Media Jukebox 8 license or higher.  Our licensing system changed at that point, so we can't offer it for anything older.

Thanks for thinking about purchasing.

rhowland

• Recent member
Re: Upgrade Pricing from any previous version???
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 04:45:42 pm »

:o
Ok. I've been a licensed user for a long, long time. I'm still running version 12.0.5.34 which has for over a year now not been able to find any tag information at all. (Planned Obsolescence?);NONE!! I've use Windows Media with it's limited options to rip CDs all the time. With version 12.0.5.34 I also have several custom fields, one being how high and what chart a song peaked.
   1) If I upgrade, how will I ensure that the hours of work I put in to populate those fields will be honored/readable/displayed by a newer version?
   2) Will the tag lookups of new CDs work again? (A second ago it still couldn't find Michael Jackson / Off The Wall)
        (At least some look ups. I know if was iffy at best anyway.)
   3) What version do you recommend?
   4) Is there a way to go back if all heck goes loose?

Thanks kids!
Pages: [1]   Go Up