INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bug with touch screen in Theater View  (Read 1576 times)

windowsx

• Junior Woodchuck
Bug with touch screen in Theater View
« on: August 04, 2010, 02:25:22 pm »

I'm using MC15 trial right now and it looks good so far for dream HTPC setup. However, I have few troublesome issues that prevent me from purchasing it right now related to touch screen. I'm using Acer T230H and T231H for touch screen monitors and what I found was it hits wrong items too often. Let me explain in technical terms below.

1. Imagine I'm opening Audio section (default focus is Artist). When I tap on some cover with very fast speed, it leaves no trace for mouse positioning and just launch click event. The problem is focus doesn't shift from Artist to that cover and I got wrong ones. It also happens when your current focus is on different cover, song, genre, etc. It's really annoying.
2. What  I assume is Theater view changes current item on focus with mouse move or directional keyboard event. In touch screen mode, it just click without movement so no focus change and cause wrong tap.
3. Tap and hold on screen for little while helps a lot but it's still annoying.
4. When I set this to run on startup with Theater view, it has mouse cursor for a few seconds before changing to touch mode. It works perfectly fine during mouse mode so I guess I wasn't wrong about this after all.

I hope there'll be fix coming for this soon so I can buy it at ease. For now I'll be sticking on my Mac Mini with iTunes for time being.

P.S. I tested on both stable build 80 and latest build 87.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Bug with touch screen in Theater View
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 02:27:14 pm »

Welcome to Interact.

Are you using Theater View?  Obsidian Touch Screen skin?

windowsx

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 02:28:57 pm »

Yes. I'm using it with Obsidian Touch Screen mode. I also try the rest but none helps. Guess it's bug in event listener since Theater mode is based on mouse/keyboard designed from start.

windowsx

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 02:32:59 pm »

Any ideas in mind, JimH? I'm also a programmer (more like used to be). You may try quick fix trick like getting click position and apply mouse position to gain focus before proceed.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 03:00:29 pm »

Hopefully this will be fixed in build 90 or newer, which should be available later this week.

Thanks for the technical details and welcome to Interact.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 03:05:24 pm »

Hopefully this will be fixed in build 90 or newer, which should be available later this week.

Thanks for the technical details and welcome to Interact.

Thanks for this, Matt, and thanks to the OP for posting. I've noticed these problems as well, but since I'm new to touchscreens, I thought it was just par for the course with my new Acer touchscreen. I was going to test it with my as yet unopened Dell touchscreen before I started a thread.

windowsx

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 03:12:37 pm »

Sounds good. Hope to see this fixed in next build. It's not that hard to fix in technical view but I'm not sure if you need to look around in Touch API but I guess not. Anyway, I spotted this since MC14 but back then I thought T230H sucks. Now there's a new model and problem still persists in MC15 up to now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up