INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Fixed] Xbox 360 Music -> Albums -> "No albums found"  (Read 4199 times)

olinbg

• Recent member
[Fixed] Xbox 360 Music -> Albums -> "No albums found"
« on: March 31, 2011, 08:00:52 am »

Hey guys, long time user, usually have no need to post.  Having an issue with the Xbox 360 support so I think this is the right thread.  Did a search but didn't find anything on this particular issue.

Already running build at the top of the forum (16.0.60) on a Win7 64bit box.

The 360 support (including supported video formats) has been running great for awhile (since MC15), but I've recently noticed that the "Albums" list is not populated anymore when I browse music on the 360.  Artists/Playlists/Songs/Genres show up fine, however under Artist, I cannot "view albums" by an artist (kind of makes sense considering albums themselves don't show up).

I've already reset the DLNA a number of times (removed it, added the default Xbox 360 back in) as well as resetting the views specifically (Customize views -> Reset...) with no luck.  From the other views, music plays fine.  I don't see album art (but I don't think that ever showed up).

Anyone else able to reproduce this?  Have there been any changes to the way 'Album' info is sent over the network?  I doubt it's firewall/network issues considering every other file/type shows up and plays fine.

Let me know if you need screenshots, but I think this one is easy to visualize.  Thanks for a great product!

olinbg

• Recent member

(bump) - should I move this to the MC16 board, since the issue seems to be new there?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Are your settings the same for DLNA as they were in MC15?

olinbg

• Recent member

Yes, I'm using stock Xbox 360 DLNA settings which used to work fine.

bob

• Administrator

Confirmed, checking into it...

bob

• Administrator

Confirmed, checking into it...

Fixed in the next build (>=65)

olinbg

• Recent member

You guys rock.  Thanks bob.

olinbg

• Recent member

Sadly, I have to resurrect this thread as with the latest forum build (#72), the issue is only partially addressed.

First, I reset my 360 DLNA view under Media Network -> Add or Configure... so we know I'm using stock settings.

In the Xbox 360 Music Library, the "Album" listing is now correctly populated and works fine.

The problem comes when navigating to the "Artists" section first, and selecting an artist.  Previously, this would show only the albums by that artist, thus allowing you to select Dave Matthews -> Crash instead of all Dave Matthews songs.

Now, every album is in the list under Dave Matthews.  When selecting albums from that list that don't have any songs by Dave Matthews, the album list is empty.  I believe I should only see the 5 Dave Matthews albums in my library in this view, not the entire album list from my library.

This really hurts the usability of the artist view, because I tend to listen to music by album.

Let me know if you need screenshots or more of a description - I'm at work currently so I could send later today.

bob

• Administrator

Sadly, I have to resurrect this thread as with the latest forum build (#72), the issue is only partially addressed.

First, I reset my 360 DLNA view under Media Network -> Add or Configure... so we know I'm using stock settings.

In the Xbox 360 Music Library, the "Album" listing is now correctly populated and works fine.

The problem comes when navigating to the "Artists" section first, and selecting an artist.  Previously, this would show only the albums by that artist, thus allowing you to select Dave Matthews -> Crash instead of all Dave Matthews songs.

Now, every album is in the list under Dave Matthews.  When selecting albums from that list that don't have any songs by Dave Matthews, the album list is empty.  I believe I should only see the 5 Dave Matthews albums in my library in this view, not the entire album list from my library.

This really hurts the usability of the artist view, because I tend to listen to music by album.

Let me know if you need screenshots or more of a description - I'm at work currently so I could send later today.

That was a good description, thanks.
It's fixed in the next build (>=75).

olinbg

• Recent member

Verified this morning and all the album features now work on the Xbox 360.  Excellent work.

Will update the thread title to show it's solved.
Pages: [1]   Go Up