INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: We're trying to find the source of crash problems  (Read 9856 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
We're trying to find the source of crash problems
« on: April 05, 2011, 11:24:35 am »

There are a number of crash reports recently, but we're having trouble identifying the cause.

If you've had one, please describe what seens to trigger it if you can.  But also let us know these factors:

1.  Your OS

2.  Your video hardware

3.  Virus checker

4.  Are you using IE9?  If so, it is the release version?  If so, try switching MC's browser to Chromium under Tree and View in MC options.

5.  Any Apple files?  M4A, M4P, AIFF, etc.

bunglemebaby

• Galactic Citizen
Re: We're trying to find the source of crash problems
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 02:29:09 pm »

Search Box Crash:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=63455.0
I've tried using a few different skins, as suggested by Jim, but this is still occurring with v63. I still haven't exhausted the general checks in the "stability" link, but may not have time for a couple days.

Rename, then click an expand arrow in a view pane crash:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=62990.0
Also still occurring in v63.

Using MC16.0.63
1) Windows XP SP3
2) ATI-Mobility Radeon X1400
3) Avast! Antivirus (also using Comodo firewall)
4) I'm using the Cromium browser within MC. (Using Chrome as my general browser. Extra details are fun.)

-JB

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 02:36:16 pm »

Search Box Crash:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=63455.0
I've tried using a few different skins, as suggested by Jim, but this is still occurring with v63. I still haven't exhausted the general checks in the "stability" link, but may not have time for a couple days.

Could you send a library backup to matt at jriver dot com?  I can erase it as soon as I'm done testing if you like.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 05:06:03 pm »

Using MC16.0.63
1) Windows XP SP3
2) ATI-Mobility Radeon X1400
3) Avast! Antivirus (also using Comodo firewall)
Would you try disabling, maybe even uninstalling Avast?   We've seen several bad problems with it.  I think they are in the  Weird Problems thread in my signature.

mschneid

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 07:03:17 pm »

imported several vhs tapes dubbed to  DVD on DVD recorder deck Chapter index every 5 minutes.   DVDfab  free version copied to Hard disk and imported into JRiver.   

Importing picks up either Video_TS or Video_TSo1    Seems a bit random.  (I do not understand why the dvdfab copies have all of these video_ts files... seems redundant... not sure what the difference is between all of them.)

Some disk's look just like the dvd recorder screen... others load right into the film.  Don't understand that one either

Crashs when i do this.

I can fast forward to the 5 minute index marks.... However... if I drag the slider to an in between point in the dvd... it crashes.
Other video media seems to be OK...

AppName: media center 16.exe     AppVer: 16.0.49.0     ModName: qdvd.dll
ModVer: 6.5.2600.5512     Offset: 00048a9e

old XP machine
Macafee virus
Gateway laptop video card. 
sound out through asio4all to Dac...

No problems with audio.

I have no idea if this crash behavior is related to my homemade video_TS files or JRiver.

struct

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 08:32:39 pm »

Not a helpful post as don't have machine here...

wife's laptop crashes upon selection of search box.  XP, norton, HP laptop.  Has same library as main machine (backup from one and restore in the other).  Main machine with same library (W7, avast, ATI4650) no problems.

I think we are one or two builds behind, v16.50 or near there.

Craig

maliceme

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 09:52:45 pm »

Windows 7SP1, AVG anti-virus, chromium browser. Doesn't crash, but freezes up if left alone (i.e., not playing music) for a while. Stops responding and has to be crt-alt-deleted to close.

kmec

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2011, 10:30:27 pm »

Below is my system and software.  I don't run antivirus or any other software since this is solely for ripped music.   I have been burning in the system and could keep the system running for several days straight with Media Center 15 but it shuts downs daily without any activity at all on Media Center 16.  I am connecting to the box remotely but this doesn't seem to be related to the crash since it crashes when I am not accessing the box remotely.

System:
Scythe Big Shuriken SCBSK-1000 120mm CPU Cooler
LITE-ON 24X DVD Writer Black SATA Model ...
SeaSonic S12II 380B 380W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS ...
Linksys WMP600N PCI Wireless Adapter with ...
SAMSUNG Spinpoint F4 HD204UI 2TB 5400 RPM SATA ...
Intel Celeron E3400 Wolfdale 2.6GHz LGA 775 65W ...
BIOSTAR G31D-M7 LGA 775 Intel G31 Micro ATX Intel ...

Western Digital My Book Essential 3TB External USB 3.0/2.0 Hard Drive - Black
SILVERSTONE Black Aluminum skin reinforced plastic front panel, 0.8mm SECC body MILO Series ML03B Micro ATX Media Center / HTPC Case

Software:
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 1-Pack ...
JRiver Media Center 16 Beta
dBpoweramp music converter
Speedfan

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2011, 06:56:05 am »

Software:
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 1-Pack ...
JRiver Media Center 16 Beta
dBpoweramp music converter
Speedfan
How about virus software?

Do you have any Apple files?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2011, 08:22:10 am »

I added this to the first post:
5.  Any Apple files?  M4A, M4P, AIFF, etc.

wisedan

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2011, 11:28:39 am »

Media Center 16.0.63 Registered --
Windows 7 Professional 64 bit  (Build 7600)
AMD Unknown 3081 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 3930 MB, Free - 1179 MB
Internet Explorer: 8.0.7600.16385
ATI Radeon HD4200
Norton Internet Security
I have some M4A files mixed into my library

I have been having problems with the library server freezing and the receiving computer locking up at the same time. I then cannot stop the library server or launch MC. This seems to happen if DLNA is turned on at both computers. I changed the server port on one of them and do not seem to have the problem anymore, thus leading me to guess it is a conflict on the port (52199) causing the problem.

wisedan

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2011, 12:30:41 am »

New crash - MC was in background and ignored for several hours. Came back to the frozen application.  I uploaded my system info previously in this thread.

Description:
  A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   AppHangB1
  Application Name:   Media Center 16.exe
  Application Version:   16.0.63.0
  Application Timestamp:   4d964286
  Hang Signature:   e18c
  Hang Type:   1
  OS Version:   6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
  Locale ID:   1033
  Additional Hang Signature 1:   e18ca4c26d3a9f67362076cd446e4a89
  Additional Hang Signature 2:   b667
  Additional Hang Signature 3:   b6678027b140a98b53d7d13f6c6f986d
  Additional Hang Signature 4:   2a93
  Additional Hang Signature 5:   2a93e8e3240bb0c24c479c1cdea684b7
  Additional Hang Signature 6:   0149
  Additional Hang Signature 7:   0149b57db0417a872da5375aa9537418

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2011, 12:48:38 am »

AMD Unknown 3081 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 3930 MB, Free - 1179 MB

Just to be sure, can anyone in this thread with an overclocked or otherwise non-standard CPU please make sure that you have recently checked your hardware configuration for stability.  It does no one (you, J River, or any of us) any good to chase phantom problems if they turn out to be hardware related.

As a test, I would run Memtest86+on the affected machine to see if it can make it through a few passes.  Then, run Prime95's torture test for at least 6-10 hours (overnight) and preferably for closer to 24.  Lastly, to check your video card, run it through at least one pass of FutureMark's latest version of 3DMark.  If it "survives" these tests, then it is much less likely to be hardware related.  You can often bang your head against the wall trying to diagnose problems through software that are actually hardware failures (memory, processor overclocking, and power-supply problems are some of the most common, and least diagnosed problems out there).

And lastly, if you haven't done it relatively recently, you could be in for a surprise.  Overclocking actually does often reduce the usable lifespan of your CPU or RAM, at least at those high speeds.  I've seen many systems that could once hit clocks without breaking a sweat, which tested completely stable, suddenly require voltage bumps to maintain the same clocks or require reductions on the clocks themselves two or three years later.  Usually this is a sign of an eventual (sometimes rapidly, and sometimes slowly) decent towards total failure.

I'm absolutely not suggesting that this is everyone's problem (or even anyone), but it is worth checking and eliminating the possibility.

In this particular case, if that happens to be an older Socket 939 or AM2 CPU, I know some of them actually didn't hit 3GHz that easily, and sometimes required fairly hefty voltage bumps to hit those targets (while 2.5-2.8 remained relatively simple).  I've personally had a few Socket 939 chips eventually go from that level of overclocking.  Of course, your chip could just as easily be a much newer one that can easily hit those targets (or might even be underclocked or showing up as Unknown for some other reason, it can happen).  But, if you had to push it a bit to hit that target, back in the day a bit (though it doesn't need to be that far back), it might not still be good.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

McNeil

• Recent member
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2011, 02:46:37 am »

In this particular case, if that happens to be an older Socket 939 or AM2 CPU, I know some of them actually didn't hit 3GHz that easily, and sometimes required fairly hefty voltage bumps to hit those targets (while 2.5-2.8 remained relatively simple).  I've personally had a few Socket 939 chips eventually go from that level of overclocking.  Of course, your chip could just as easily be a much newer one that can easily hit those targets (or might even be underclocked or showing up as Unknown for some other reason, it can happen).  But, if you had to push it a bit to hit that target, back in the day a bit (though it doesn't need to be that far back), it might not still be good.

According the unknown CPU: I guess this has something to do with MC and how it reads the system info.
For example mine says the following:

Code: [Select]
Media Center 16.0.60 Registered -- C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 16\

Workstation 6.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)
AMD Unknown 3024 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 4192 MB, Free - 2599 MB

Other programs like Windows itself or Speccy read MS Windows 7 64-bit SP1 and AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.00 GHz.

BTW: I do not experience any problems so far but I also didn't yet upgraded to the .63 version of MC.
Here are my specs:

Code: [Select]
OS
MS Windows 7 64-bit SP1
CPU
AMD Phenom II X4 945 25° C
Deneb 45nm Technologie
RAM
4.0GB Dual-Kanal DDR3 @ 668MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK Computer INC. M4A89GTD-PRO/USB3 (AM3) 32° C
Graphics
SyncMaster (1920x1080@60Hz)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

Software:
Comodo Firewall
Avira AntiVir
IE8 (MC only using Firefox I deinstalled IE)
Library is pure mp3

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2011, 07:00:32 am »

New crash - MC was in background and ignored for several hours. Came back to the frozen application.  I uploaded my system info previously in this thread.
A frozen app isn't a crash.  Is that what you've been seeing?  If so, start a new thread and describe your setup.  Especially whether the files are local or on a network drive.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2011, 02:13:34 pm »

One possible source of a crash was fixed in build 64, now available at the top of this board.

juice370

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2011, 05:39:27 am »

Hi Jim/Team,

Downloaded V16 trial, I now have 7 days left. Same problem for me over last 23 days whenever I've tied it, crashes when opening. I've haven't been able to use it, not even 1 click. Uninstalled and then installed the latest version last night. Still crashes on opening.

- Windows 7 64 bit SP1
- F-Secure IS
- ATI Mobility Radeon  HD 4330
- IE 8
- Chrome as main browser

Question for you:

Should I install V15 as I'm now ready to invest and import 500 CD's next week having finally sold and transferred my business over the last month. Or do I wait until V16 is working fully?

Thanks
Ian

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2011, 07:59:32 am »

Downloaded V16 trial, I now have 7 days left. Same problem for me over last 23 days whenever I've tied it, crashes when opening. I've haven't been able to use it, not even 1 click. Uninstalled and then installed the latest version last night. Still crashes on opening.

Could you send me a log (matt at jriver dot com), using the instructions here:
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Crashes

You'll have to regedit (in the instructions above) to enable logging since you can't run the program.

Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2011, 08:05:43 am »

Downloaded V16 trial, I now have 7 days left. Same problem for me over last 23 days whenever I've tied it, crashes when opening.
Was it build 64?  That build fixed one crash.

preproman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2011, 11:21:56 am »

Was it build 64?  That build fixed one crash.

That user may have auto-import on running in the backround.  Tell them to try this below under the auto-update field.  Also would like to know the answers to the following questions below.

"I un-checked "Update for external changes" now it seems to work fine. "

What is "update for external changes"  what does it do, what is it used for, do I need it?   

Lasse_Lus

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2011, 11:25:30 am »

What is "update for external changes"  what does it do, what is it used for, do I need it?   

MC check's for changed files (date modified)
MT5FR

preproman

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2011, 02:37:26 pm »

MC check's for changed files (date modified)

This may be crashing for me because most of my files are .AIFF? 

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2011, 05:03:33 pm »

Like I said above, please send me a log showing the crash.

Thanks.

kmec

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2011, 01:23:26 pm »

How about virus software?

Do you have any Apple files?

I am not running any virus software and all files are flac.   System was crashing every 5 minutes without media center open.   I just went back to 15 and everything is fine.

juice370

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2011, 10:25:58 am »

Hi Jim/Matt,

Thanks for coming back and apologies for the delay, a weekend respite was needed.  I enabled logging just now, opened MC16 to get the crash log and MC is working OK, no crashes. So I'll save the log for another time. Either way its working so you've fixed it. I think everyone else who has issues will be crash-free now!

2 Very Quick Q's: Where is the feature to disable Auto Import and can I prevent MC organizing my music files and folders - help me get a head start from day one please?

I want full control of MC from the start having had a 3 year love/hate relationship with iTunes that resulted in high blood pressure, male pattern baldness and a total massacre of my music library that cost me 3 weeks sorting it out again. It was time to walk away but I'll save that for my therapist.

And relax...

Cheers
Ian

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2011, 12:14:44 pm »

2 Very Quick Q's: Where is the feature to disable Auto Import and can I prevent MC organizing my music files and folders - help me get a head start from day one please?

You should post this in a new thread: 1) Because others are not likely to look at a thread with Subject "We're trying to find the source of crash problems" and think that a user is requesting help re:  disabling auto import, etc.  2) Because rather than asking Jim/Matt for even more time, allow others to help so that JRiver can spend time in the most effective fashion.  3) It is more appropriate.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

bieshose

• Recent member
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2011, 10:46:23 am »

16.0.58 solved the crashing issue for me... Runs well now. I only plac Flac and wav files. no apple files.

bunglemebaby

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2011, 01:18:50 pm »

Search Box Crash:
Rename, then click an expand arrow in a view pane crash:
Just a quick note to report that both of these crashes seem to be fixed for me in build 64 (no scientific testing yet though  :P). I think the 'Rename...' crash was actually fixed in build 63, but I didn't restart my machine after updating to 63 (either that or Avast decided to behave after I shook my fist at it). Anyway, thanks!!  -JB

juice370

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2011, 08:32:16 am »

You should post this in a new thread: 1) Because others are not likely to look at a thread with Subject "We're trying to find the source of crash problems" and think that a user is requesting help re:  disabling auto import, etc.  2) Because rather than asking Jim/Matt for even more time, allow others to help so that JRiver can spend time in the most effective fashion.  3) It is more appropriate.

I appreciate what you say MrC (this is the only forum I use = 23 posts so far) but how long did it take you to type that response to me? You'd have been faster helping me out just like you preach and suggest. Hey you know my take on support, I'm very open about it. If you run a business and take people's hard earned money, then you better support it exceptionally, with professional support protocols. But for $50 you can't really grumble, as Media Center seems a top piece of software and way under priced. I'd pay 4 times the asking price without hesitation for support backup using a ticket system, with up to date supporting help files.

I've only been using MC now properly for 2 days on and off, I think its superb so far.

Apologies for breaking this thread MC team but i think the bugs are sorted now now anyways! 

Sauzee

« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2011, 08:07:35 am »

I'm still having problems with MC crashing and locking up my entire PC related to using it for video.  I noticed it happening sometimes but not always on playing mkv, mp4., m4v., mpg.

It's just to complicated and time consuming for me to try all combinations of filters. Other software just works, so i had started only using MC to keep a video database. But yesterday MC crashed and took the entire PC with it when i was tagging video.

Actually things are so bad I would be very happy if the solution was that MC continued to crash but that it didn't lock the whole operating system with it. Using latest MC, Win7 64 bit. I have tried various solutions including various filter packs, changing AV, changing filters (though this is beyond me, and MC's interface just isn't helpful). When I switch from auto to using filters can't MC at least not list filters which are not appropriate. It seems to list every filter available.

As JustinChase said in another thread it appears you need a degree in codecs to get MC to play video without problems. Other software just works out of the box. Unfortunately none of these solutions have MC's library capabilities, or i would stop using MC for video. As i said before Audio is 100% ok on MC. In 12 months of running Win7 MC is  the only piece of software that has crashed the entire PC. As i also said before i did stress tests and everything ok. My whole set up is very stable apart from MC with video combination.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2011, 08:26:22 am »

...  yesterday MC crashed and took the entire PC with it when i was tagging video.  ... I would be very happy if the solution was that MC continued to crash but that it didn't lock the whole operating system with it.
An application can't do lock the OS.  A driver can.  The problem you describe is with hardware or drivers.

Sauzee

« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2011, 10:11:43 am »

An application can't do lock the OS.  A driver can.  The problem you describe is with hardware or drivers.

OK I accept that. But MC is the only app i use which causes whatever vulnerability in drivers or hardware that exists to crash the OS. And that includes playing video with several other apps. I've stress tested the system with prime95 and tried a few different video drivers. Any other drivers that could be the cause?

jeffx

• Recent member
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2011, 07:02:05 pm »

MC16 has been a disaster for me as of the last few weeks, see this current thread: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=63853.0

And once it crashes/hangs, absolutely impossible to end task on the "Media Center 16.exe *32" process, have to reboot Windows to clear it every time without fail.

Von

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2011, 04:19:46 pm »

What is the status with regards to the crashing now?

I just installed MC160075 and I am experiencing constant crashing. Simply starting the program and doing nothing, it still crashes after a few seconds. Tried uninstalling, booting and reinstalling, no luck. This thread is quite long, and I have to say that if I can't easily make this work, I'll stick with MC15.

I installed MC16 without uninstalling MC15 first, if that has anything to do with it.

(Windows 7 64-bit.)

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2011, 04:24:48 pm »

In build 75, MPC files will cause MC to crash.  This has been fixed in a build that will be released in a few days.

Von

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2011, 04:38:43 pm »

In build 75, MPC files will cause MC to crash.  This has been fixed in a build that will be released in a few days.

Thanks for your quick reply, Jim.

This seems to me like a major bug, and hopefully one that wasn't there in the previous releases. My collection contains a lot of MPC files. Is MC16 still considered to be "under construction", and should I wait for some final/stable version before I try it again? I appreciate your work and I love MC15, but I don't feel like being part of the development team myself.
 :)

phoenix

« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2011, 09:22:08 pm »

Crashes ever since I upgraded the player from 16.0.72 to 16.0.73 (or above). Installed ver 81 tonight hoping this would've been fixed. Sadly that's not quite the case. Changing web engines has no impact.
Just have a gut feeling it's got something to do with higher resolution decoding that was implemented in ver 73. All that I can say I am disappointed with the fact that as of now I can no longer use MediaCenter for streaming my InternetRadio. Please try to fix this glitch as soon as possible

Streaming Server Confg...
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
AMD Phenom II x4 965 BE
8 GB RAM
No AntiVirus Installed, Windows Firewall Disabled
Using ASIO Playback to Virtual Cable / Creative X-Fi Xtreme
Edcast Plugin

Also I ran the player on a Windows 7 x86 3GB RAM vmWare virtual machine, no plugins installed. No difference observed. It crashes at it's discretions more often than not.
If possible I 'll try to take the thread stack trace to find any clue as to what's causing the crash later tonite. If anything conclusive found, I shall post the same.

Soumya Banerjee

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2011, 09:25:53 pm »

Logging might show what's going on.  More details about what you're doing would help.

See the link called "Stability" in my signature for more ideas.

phoenix

« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2011, 01:33:59 am »

Hi all,
Well, I've been trying to figure out the cause of the crashes - more importantly the nature of crash/freeze.
I did enable logging. Not a single instance of the word 'crash' in previous logs. So definitely it's not a glitch with the internal playback engine of MediaCenter.
What's intriguing is that when I tried to play a file by using the Context Menu Option, the player crashes more frequently and so does Windows Explorer.
So, here's what I did - disabled Shell Integration.
BTW, unchecking the option under 'General' does not quite have the effect, even if Media Center is run as Admin. It's still there.
Anyone experiencing similiar crashes, should consider doing this:
(assuming you're running the player on Win Vista/7) run 'Command Promp' as Administrator, type in
          regsvr32 /u "C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 16\JRShellExt.dll"   (for x86 OS)
          regsvr32 /u "C:\Program Files(x86)\J River\Media Center 16\JRShellExt.dll"  (for x64 OS).
Log Off and Log In back.

Give this a try and lemme know if that helps. I am yet to encounter the first crash or freeze ever since I disabled Shell Integration.

EDIT: Still getting crashes after a reboot. Please ignore the prev post.

jjjacksonjjj

• Recent member
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2011, 04:45:37 am »

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit SP1
NVIDIA GeForece 9300/nForce 730i - Driver Version 275.33
MS Security Essentials Anti Virus
Never use IE - Use Firefox
No Apple Files in Use

Hi, I am having lots of blue screen crashes after updating to MC16.  It happens mostly when switching to videos in Theater View, but also in Standard View and most recently when changing audio tracks in Standard View.

I know blue screens should relate to hardware problems but I have the latest video drivers from NVIDIA and do not have any problems with any other software - or MC15 in the past.

I have also updated to MC16 103 today because I noticed in one of the update logs that crashes when switching videos had been fixed, but no luck for me so far.

I would appreciate any help you can give as MC is my main piece of software on my HTPC and not being able to use it is a big problem ! :-)

Thanks

James

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2011, 07:21:30 am »

I am having lots of blue screen crashes after updating to MC16.  It happens mostly when switching to videos in Theater View, but also in Standard View and most recently when changing audio tracks in Standard View.

I know blue screens should relate to hardware problems but I have the latest video drivers from NVIDIA and do not have any problems with any other software - or MC15 in the past.
The latest driver may not be the best.  A blue screen points at hardware or drivers.

That other programs don't result in a blue screen only means that they don't stress the machine in the same way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up