INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 16.0.72 -- Available Here  (Read 6484 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 16.0.72 -- Available Here
« on: April 20, 2011, 11:51:53 am »

This is the latest version of MC 16.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/MediaCenter160072.exe

16.0.72 (4/19/2011)

1. NEW: MP4 plugin supports AAC radio / streaming using the buffering reading system used by MP3.
2. NEW: MP4 plugin supports Icy metadata when playing AAC radio so track names, artists, etc. appear.
3. Changed: Settings for hardware accelerated graphics are in Options > General > Video Card (used by Theater View, image playback, 3d views, 3d visualizations).
4. NEW: Added 'Automatic' hardware acceleration option which takes the video card into account when configuring graphics options.
5. Changed: 'Automatic' hardware acceleration mode disables full screen anti-aliasing for Intel H67 onboard video to workaround black screen issues ( http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=63426.0 ).
6. Changed: Updated Russian translation file (thanks to Vladimir).
7. Changed: Over-the-air EPG scanning option is removed for DVB-T television tuners (it was never implemented).
8. Fixed: Pause button wasn't working right during Netflix playback.
9. Fixed: Disabling "Options > Media Network > Use Media Network to share this library and enable DLNA" would incorrectly uncheck all DLNA functions, so reenabling the option would leave DLNA off.
10. Fixed: Disabling Media Network would leave the SSDP responder running until the program was restarted.

16.0.71 (4/18/2011)

1. Fixed: 6 and 8 channel AAC files would not play correctly.
2. Fixed: MP4 Action Window > Tag > Format page showed "bit" instead of "kbps" for the bitrate unit.
3. Fixed: Headerless AAC files were not playing properly.

16.0.70 (4/18/2011)

1. Fixed: Android video conversion had poor choppy sound on some input file formats.

16.0.69 (4/15/2011)

1. Fixed: Lossless JPEG rotation was not working properly in build 68.
2. Changed: When playing a video using the JRiver audio renderer, DSP Studio > Output Format will be automatically configured if necessary (i.e. to use 24-bit output instead of 'Same as source' for a low bitdepth audio track, etc.).

16.0.68 (4/14/2011)

1. NEW: Added option to enable/disable Netflix search in Options / Services / Netflix.
2. Changed: Updated internal image decoding libraries used for PNG and TIFF.
3. SDK: MCWS/v1/Browse/Image accepts a "Format" parameter which can be set to PNG so that transparency will be supported.
4. NEW: Added the ability to save as PNG when acquiring from the camera or clipboard in Action Window > Camera.
5. Fixed: Netflix "Recommendations" was only showing a couple TV series instead of the full list of TV & Movies.
6. Fixed: Searching in the Performer Store and then selecting a result with the mouse could cause problems.
7. Fixed: The sample rate shown in the sample rate column for ALAC files could be incorrect (use Library Tools > Update Library (from tags) to correct).
8. Changed: The setting for M4A / AAC playback is reset to 'Automatic' so that the improved, native support will be used.
9. Fixed: Playing an audio file from a library server client will no longer cause a stacked cache file to be created on the server.
10. Fixed: When downloading VBR MP3 files on a library server client for use on a handheld, stacks would not be properly created.

16.0.67 (4/12/2011)

1. Fixed: Clicking on a checkbox when selecting file types for auto-import would unnecessarily expand the file types list.
2. Fixed: Focusing a list or tree with the mouse when there was no selection and then navigating with up / down would not work properly.
3. Fixed: The auto-import 'Folder Settings' dialog did not support tabbed navigation.
4. Fixed: Authorizing Netflix from Theater View could hang.
5. NEW: User selectable browsing categories for Netflix service (Options / Services / Netflix).
6. Fixed: Don't write size info into a header-less wave file on closing.

16.0.66 (4/11/2011)

1. NEW: Tag writing for m4a audio files (AAC or ALAC in MP4 container).
2. Fixed: When using the JRiver audio renderer for video playback, errors to open the output will stop playback quickly and show an error message (previously Directshow could spend several minutes bogged down in a retry loop before showing an error).
3. Changed: With VideoClock enabled, starting or seeking a video locks sync by adjusting the video rate before starting audio adjustments (takes about one second).
4. Fixed: Resetting the television guide did not cancel recurring loading of the guide in the background.
5. Fixed: Doing a search for "24/-48" would consider the search as a range of values instead of a string literal (as expected due to the escapement).
6. Changed: Added > and < to the list of characters that should be escaped when used as a string literal in a search.
7. Changed: When showing a playlist Action Window, and then deleting the underlying playlist, the Action Window will close (instead of stay open and show <invalid destination>).
8. Fixed: Gizmo video conversion could have incorrect or distorted audio in some cases.
9. Changed: Added category "Children & Family" to Netflix.
10. Fixed: Starting television playback while recording could fail when using madVR as the renderer.

16.0.65 (4/7/2011)

1. NEW: Added background video conversion cache creation to the 'Options/File location' dialog. Use the "MP4 Low" setting for Android phones. Experimental new feature.
2. Changed: Minor tuning to ordering and wording of library menu and library manager.
3. Changed: Unified MP4 parsing code used in MP4 plugin (should be internal change, but please report any issues).
4. Fixed: Return full results for a DLNA search on an empty. This was breaking the XBox 360 album listing.

16.0.64 (4/6/2011)

1. Fixed: If Internet Explorer was set to 'Work Offline', it would not be possible to connect to a library server.
2. Fixed: The fuzzy match search engine could crash in certain cases (used by the search box, Play Doctor, etc.).
3. Changed: The 'Add Library' dialog has more robust checking of user data entry in the Access Key / URL box.
4. Changed: Playing Now > Playing From is clickable in the tree, and acts as a home page for library management.
5. Changed: Added a 'Library Manager...' item to File > Library menu that jumps to the library manager in the tree.
6. Changed: It's no longer possible to add a library that fails to load (instead the 'Add Library' dialog will report the problem and stay visible).

16.0.63 (4/1/2011)

1. Changed: Added more logging to SSDP responder.
2. Fixed: Updated YouTube support for recent YouTube site changes.

16.0.62 (3/31/2011)

1. Fixed: When editing more than 100 files at a time in the Tag Action Window, tabbing after a change would discard the change instead of confirm the change.

16.0.61 (3/30/2011)

1. NEW: Library Server client wakes a sleeping server when connecting (requires using an Access Key to connect, and also enabling wake on lan / wan on your network).
2. Fixed: Manually adding a library location for a library that was previously found on the network but not currently available would not work nicely.
3. Changed: Improved video quality settings for Android conversions.
4. Fixed: ID3v2 tags with big-endian UTF-16 values were not being read correctly.

CEONelson

• Recent member
Re: Media Center 16.0.72 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 12:32:23 pm »

I'm excited to check out the new Netflix options!

I've encountered a bug that has stopped me dead in my tracks for importing and organizing my music in MC.

I created a library field called Audio Keywords that is a list (semicolon delimited) type that I use to tag my music.  This feature is one of the main reasons I bought MC and has been working great.  I have the Audio Keywords tag window up and it shows all of the tags that I have in there as checkboxes (my rip, drums, epic, fav, etc etc).  I imported some more albums today and created a new keyword for it, hit enter and it was added to the bottom of the list and checked like it should be. 

When I click on the next track, all of the checkboxes went away and the only thing that was shown is whatever tags were already checked.  If I undo the new list addition and click on other tracks everything is shown properly as before.  How can I add more list items and get it to show all of the checked and unchecked items like it did before? 

Good:

then I add another field and it only shows the ones that are checked:

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 12:24:31 am »

"Options > File Location > Cover Art > In a specified folder"
-- does not work. There is no place to actually specify the folder. I don't know how long it has been missing. It was available in the early MC16 builds when I tested the artist images behavior.

Regarding artist images, I just downloaded some new images and didn't see them in the old location. I searched for them outside MC and found them in "C:\Cover Art Test\Artists". "C:\Cover Art Test\" is a location that I have sometimes used for testing and it may be the the last used "specified folder", however my normal setting is "In the same folder as the file". A user configurable location for the artist images is definitely needed.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

vagskal

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 03:29:40 am »

Typing [Lyrics]=[] in the Import/Export box in the search wizard, the expression is automatically changed to [Lyrics]=[/<empty/>] and finds nothing (although I still have several files with missing lyrics).

This worked in .64 from which I just switched.

ralphberner

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 12:16:50 pm »

Shell integration disappeared again. It worked with 16.0.64.

ralphberner

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 12:24:33 pm »

Column preset still not working:

Example:
Save the following order of collumns in a preset:
Genre / Image (thumbnail smal) / Artist / Album / Track# / Name / Rating / File Type / Comment

Restore the order from stored preset, You get the following order:
Image (thumbnail smal) / Name / Artist / Album / Track# / Comment / Genre / Rating / File Type

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011, 12:53:14 pm »

Shell integration disappeared again. It worked with 16.0.64.
Reboot.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2011, 01:26:36 pm »

When I click on the next track, all of the checkboxes went away and the only thing that was shown is whatever tags were already checked.  If I undo the new list addition and click on other tracks everything is shown properly as before.  How can I add more list items and get it to show all of the checked and unchecked items like it did before?

All values are shown when the field contains 20 or less items.

For large lists of items, only checked values are shown.

The drop arrow will show all values.  Typing in the add box will make suggestions based on previous entries.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

CEONelson

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2011, 01:58:20 pm »

All values are shown when the field contains 20 or less items.

For large lists of items, only checked values are shown.

The drop arrow will show all values.  Typing in the add box will make suggestions based on previous entries.

Thank you for the answer, Matt.

In the interest of granting my mouse a long, happy life, could I humbly propose a feature suggestion that the arbitrary number of 20 be made into an option that the user can set?  It is going to take me long enough to tag my music as it is without having a single click become click on dropdown, click on tag, press enter, repeat :(

For reference, with the window maximized how I always have it 20 items doesn't even talk up half of the space in the tag area.  Even if there were more list items than space, it would still be tons faster IMO to have to occasionally deal with a scrollbar to see everything than to use the drop down arrow way (plus that way is always available as it is for people that prefer it).

Thanks again!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2011, 02:52:12 pm »

Thank you for the answer, Matt.

In the interest of granting my mouse a long, happy life, could I humbly propose a feature suggestion that the arbitrary number of 20 be made into an option that the user can set?  It is going to take me long enough to tag my music as it is without having a single click become click on dropdown, click on tag, press enter, repeat :(

For reference, with the window maximized how I always have it 20 items doesn't even talk up half of the space in the tag area.  Even if there were more list items than space, it would still be tons faster IMO to have to occasionally deal with a scrollbar to see everything than to use the drop down arrow way (plus that way is always available as it is for people that prefer it).

Thanks again!

I have a library from one user with about 40,000 actors.  We used to show a list 40,000 long of unchecked artists as you clicked on each video in their library.  This was slow and pointless, in my opinion.  The new approach of typing with nice suggestions is better for long lists.

Drag-n-drop ordering of lists (ordering of list fields is a newish feature) also gets hard with long lists.

Of course, "long list" is a little arbitrary.  We'll bump it to 50 as a cutoff for a coming build.

sunfire7

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2011, 06:21:04 pm »

I have a problem where after playing a mp3+G karaoke file (using external directshow filters) and hit stop, next time I want to play something MC show an error, I enter the options and under video, there are no audio renders in the list, neither directshow filters, is this a knowing bug? or I may start another thread for it? using MC 16.0.72
Happy licensed MC 15-19 User :)
Mac version early bird
My english is not perfect! My native lang is spanish

Stargazer

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2011, 10:09:54 am »

16.0.68 (4/14/2011)

9. Fixed: Playing an audio file from a library server client will no longer cause a stacked cache file to be created on the server.

YEAH !!!  Thank You....

maid

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2011, 06:38:57 pm »

playback of 5.1 does not work for me, rolled back to 64
Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV

steveklein

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2011, 12:28:32 am »

possible bug with the get cover from internet feature in this build (and many prior)

it may not be a bug, but i'm not sure if this is intended...

when you attempt to get cover art for a large number of albums (say, 2000 songs over 200 albums) it breaks it into sets of 20 and allows you to choose the specific cover art, then save and continue and it starts looking for cover art for the next 20.

However, after you go through albums 21-40, it appears to "resave" the cover art for albums 1-20 and then for 41-60, it will "resave" them for 1-40. This adds a lot of (what I would think would be) unneeded processing time.

Come to think of it... perhaps the cover art should just process all albums selected instead of breaking it down into sets of 20. What advantage does breaking it into sets of 20 have? If I were to select 200 albums, it would actually be advantageous for MC to continue searching for cover art as I select the cover arts as the albums come up.

chriswatson

• Junior Woodchuck
Status report on crashing freezing...
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2011, 07:05:25 am »

I am happy to report the that .72 is freezing very infrequently. I was unable to use the prior version due to many issues with mp3in_dll (or something like that). anyways, this version does seem to take a LONG (36 hours or so) time to import 35,000 songs of mixed flac and .m4a. It's crashing about once a day now, generally on import.

IPOD sync with IPOD video is working

DLNA is working much better. DLNA with Video is WORKING for me!

This version and the new Gizmo are working very nicely

All in all this version is a big step towards stability and functionality for my setup. Good work!

tboy34

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Tim
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2011, 11:42:50 am »

I'm noticing that the update feature isn't working. It hasn't for that last two upgrades.
tvk

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2011, 11:56:43 am »

I'm noticing that the update feature isn't working. It hasn't for that last two upgrades.
http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Updates

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2011, 11:59:15 am »

I'm now seeing a "Build Conversion Cache" appearing in the action window with the "Finished" message; a) I don't know why b) I cannot close the box - the only way to get rid of it is to restart MC.

In fact I get one such box EVERY TIME I exit Tools->Options...

maliceme

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2011, 12:16:59 pm »

Glad to see someone else has encountered this issue. I'm also seeing this behavior with the stock Keywords tag, and would appreciate a fix.

I'm excited to check out the new Netflix options!

I've encountered a bug that has stopped me dead in my tracks for importing and organizing my music in MC.

I created a library field called Audio Keywords that is a list (semicolon delimited) type that I use to tag my music.  This feature is one of the main reasons I bought MC and has been working great.  I have the Audio Keywords tag window up and it shows all of the tags that I have in there as checkboxes (my rip, drums, epic, fav, etc etc).  I imported some more albums today and created a new keyword for it, hit enter and it was added to the bottom of the list and checked like it should be.  

When I click on the next track, all of the checkboxes went away and the only thing that was shown is whatever tags were already checked.  If I undo the new list addition and click on other tracks everything is shown properly as before.  How can I add more list items and get it to show all of the checked and unchecked items like it did before?  

Good:

then I add another field and it only shows the ones that are checked:

sunfire7

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2011, 12:31:43 pm »

Why the background convertion cache only have the "mp3 high/medium/low bandwith" profiles? would be much better to put the full setting box like in convertion settings! please!  I have my cache on lame -v0, but with this settings I cant use it!
Happy licensed MC 15-19 User :)
Mac version early bird
My english is not perfect! My native lang is spanish

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2011, 12:00:53 pm »

Typing [Lyrics]=[] in the Import/Export box in the search wizard, the expression is automatically changed to [Lyrics]=[/<empty/>] and finds nothing (although I still have several files with missing lyrics).

This worked in .64 from which I just switched.

This has broken many of my smartlists :'( 

carbo

• World Citizen
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2011, 04:12:55 pm »

I have found a bug when you combined 2 new features (related fields and artist images):
- I have 2 custom fields "artist ranking" and "artist type" that are related to artist
- when I do "get artist images from lastfm", the values from these fields are emptied !!

I was wondering why I've lost these infos since MC16 but now I've found out why  :'(

Guillaume

PS: When will it be possible to have related fields to other fields than "artist", "series" and "album" ? It's really missing, particularly for pictures.
I thought MC16 was very promising at first but it's been a couple of builds that the new features (relational fields, play doctor, artist image) aren't evolving anymore and it's a bit disappointing... but maybe I was expecting too much ;)

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2011, 05:23:09 am »

Still crashing a lot as I navigate around smartlists.    Here's an example log:

0093024: 5052: Database: CSearchFilesHelper::GetResults: Search: [Media Type]=[Audio] [Last Played]=<1y ~a; Elapsed ms: 124.901
0093024: 5052: Database: CMediaInfoArraySort::Sort: Files: 1201; Elapsed ms: 0.809
0093024: 5052: Database: CSearchFilesHelper::GetResults: Search: playlistid==856359119 [Genre]="Prog" [Album Rating]=5.1-5.99 -[Genre]=[Rock Progressive] -playlistid==158666318 ~sort=[Album Played] ~limit=-1,1,[album] ~n=1; Elapsed ms: 155.138
0093024: 3428: General: CMJFileListCtrl::StartFileInsertion: Start
0093024: 3428: General: CMJFileListCtrl::StartFileInsertion: Finish (0 ms)
0093024: 3428: General: CMJFileListCtrl::FinishFileInsertion: Start
0093039: 3428: General: CMJFileListCtrl::FinishFileInsertion: Finish (15 ms)
0093055: 3428: Database: CSearchFilesHelper::GetResults: Search: [Genre]="Prog"; Elapsed ms: 0.123
0093055: 3428: Database: CSearchFilesHelper::GetResults: Search: ; Elapsed ms: 0.009
0093055: 3428: Database: CSearchFilesHelper::GetResults: Search: [Media Type]=[Audio]; Elapsed ms: 0.087
0093055: 3428: Database: CSearchFilesHelper::GetResults: Search: [Media Type]=[Audio],[Video]; Elapsed ms: 0.095
0093055: 3428: Database: CSearchFilesHelper::GetResults: Search: -[Chart History (singles)]=[]; Elapsed ms: 0.204
0093055: 3428: Database: CSearchFilesHelper::GetResults: Search: [Media Type]=[Video]; Elapsed ms: 0.087
0093055: 5788: Database: Thumbnail Thread (Z:\My Music\G\Genesis\Wind & Wuthering\Folder.jpg): Start
0093055: 5788: General: CThumbnailCacheInfo::CreateThumbnail: Start
0093055: 5788: General: CThumbnailCacheInfo::CreateThumbnail: Filename: Z:\My Music\G\Genesis\Wind & Wuthering\Folder.jpg
0093055: 5788: Database: CThumbnailsDatabase::AddThumbnail: Start
0093117: 5788: Database: CThumbnailsDatabase::AddThumbnail: Finish (62 ms)
0093117: 5788: General: CThumbnailCacheInfo::CreateThumbnail: Finish (62 ms)
0093117: 5788: Database: Thumbnail Thread (Z:\My Music\G\Genesis\Wind & Wuthering\Folder.jpg): Finish (62 ms)
0093897: 3428: General: CSmartlistEditorDlg::UpdateDialog: Start
0093929: 3428: General: CSmartlistEditorDlg::UpdateDialog: Finish (32 ms)
0097532: 3428: General: CMCResourceHelper::GetIsModalPopupShowing: Main window disabled
0097532: 3428: General: CSmartlistEditorDlg::UniversalEdit_Notify: Start
0097532: 3428: General: CSmartlistRuleControlSetArray::OnBeforeShowDropDown: Start
0097532: 3428: General: CSmartlistRuleControlSetArray::OnBeforeShowDropDown: Finish (0 ms)
0097532: 3428: General: CSmartlistEditorDlg::UniversalEdit_Notify: Finish (0 ms)
0099794: 3428: General: CMCResourceHelper::GetIsModalPopupShowing: Main window disabled
0101697: 3428: General: TopLevelExceptionFilter: Unhandled exception -- program crashing
0101697: 3428: General: TopLevelExceptionFilter: Message: 33769, wParam: 175076504, lParam: 1, Window class: MJFrame
0053758: 3444: General: JRWebApp::Destroy: Start
0053758: 3444: General: JRWebApp::Destroy: Finish (0 ms)
0053758: 3444: General: JRWebApp::Run: Finish (53587 ms)
0053758: 3444: General: JRWebApp::ExitInstance: Start
0053758: 3444: General: JRWebApp::ExitInstance: Stopping web engine
0053758: 3444: General: JRWebApp::ExitInstance: Stopping callback server
0053758: 3444: General: JRWebApp::ExitInstance: Stopping interface server
0053758: 3444: General: JRIpcServerThreaded::ServerStop: Start
0053758: 3444: General: JRIpcServerThreaded::ServerStop: Cancelling thread
0053758: 3444: General: JRIpcServerThreaded::ServerStop: Cancelling pending run
0053758: 3444: General: JRIpcServerThreaded::ServerStop: Stopping thread
0053758: 4672: General: JRIpcServerThreaded::Thread: Thread finishing (cancel: 1; errors: 1)
0053758: 4672: General: JRIpcServerThreaded::Thread: Finish (53602 ms)
0053789: 3444: General: JRIpcServerThreaded::ServerStop: Cancelling response threads
0053789: 3444: General: JRIpcServerThreaded::ServerStop: Deleting response threads
0053789: 3444: General: JRIpcServerThreaded::ServerStop: Closing notification window
0053789: 3444: General: JRIpcServerThreaded::ServerStop: Finish (31 ms)
0053789: 3444: General: JRWebApp::ExitInstance: Finishing

ohyeah

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2011, 07:55:59 am »

hi

i have a new computer aand i have installed latest version
I cannot play HD tracks anymore (wma)
j river freezes
works well with windows player

many thanks for your help

vagskal

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2011, 08:28:07 am »

Some issues I have noticed:

a) In large value fields (the Lyrics field) the keyboard shortcuts (ctrl + arrow) are not working like I am used to from other software. Ctrl + down/up acts just like the arrow keys, i.e. ctrl + up will not move the cursor to the beginning of the previous line (unless your cursor already is in that position). Ctrl + right/left is not working correctly when jumping from the first or last word in a line, and if the last letter in a line is not a letter but ? or ! it is not possible to jump past that letter.

b) When you open a sixth tab in a view, there is no new tab tab. (This might be a deliberate limitation.)

c) The links shortcuts disappears when you open a new tab and the start view is shown or when some other initial view is shown. This might seem logical since there are no files in those views, but sometimes I just want to open AMG or Wikipedia to search for an artist that is not in my library. Would it be possible to always show the links and send you to the base URL if there are no files in the current view?

Below is just a friendly sum up of issues reported earlier and still persistent. (Please let me know if any of this works for someone else.)

a) Copying from a web page within MC does not work (both ctrl + c and context menu). Ctrl + f does not work in a web page within MC. I use the IE engine and I have updated to IE9.

b) MC just freezes when I try to view the standard artist view (with all the new artist pictures).

c) A custom relational field will revert to non relational every time MC is closed.

d) Every other time MC is started the split view is gone and a single view is shown.

e) The artist "MAW" (no quotations marks) is not shown in panes or as suggestion or in the list of all artists shown in the search wizard.

Thanks for your continuous development!

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2011, 08:52:12 am »

1. When Library Server is shutdown with MC16 open on one of my clients, it causes MC to freeze on the client. The only solution is to kill the process.

2. If I am watching a DTS-encoded movie and pause or stop the movie on the server (my HTPC) and then try to play a song on the HTPC through the library server from a client, the song is queued up, but never plays. I have to then stop the song on the HTPC and play it again to get audio.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2011, 02:07:32 pm »

b) MC just freezes when I try to view the standard artist view (with all the new artist pictures).

It may take a while on the first use, especially with a lot of artist images and/or a networked cover art folder.

c) A custom relational field will revert to non relational every time MC is closed.

d) Every other time MC is started the split view is gone and a single view is shown.

e) The artist "MAW" (no quotations marks) is not shown in panes or as suggestion or in the list of all artists shown in the search wizard.

I can't reproduce any of these.  Could you start a thread, maybe for one issue at a time, and we could try to figure them out?

Thanks.

dlmax63

• World Citizen
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2011, 03:01:06 pm »

When converting audio files to a different format through MC, the data that I had created in a user defined field is not carried over to the new file.

example:
I have created a string value field titled Genre-Sub where for example some tracks that have Genre=Jazz may also have a value in my "Genre-Sub" field of "vocal". The "vocal" is not carried over to mp3's which I converted from m4a files.

MC does, however, carry over from user defined fields which are comma delimited lists. I wonder if I should take the time to change my string field to a list field.

<edit> I did some further testing, it turns out that the value for the field is not carried over based upon whether or not the field has the "Store in file tags (when possible)" field selected. Perhaps it should carry over to the new file type whether or not it is enabled.
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day!

dlmax63

• World Citizen
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2011, 05:35:04 pm »

When moving files with "Rename, Move, & Copy Files...", stacked files are not renamed and moved.
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day!
Pages: [1]   Go Up