INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows Media  (Read 2823 times)

pubboy

• nothing more to say...
Windows Media
« on: March 23, 2003, 09:27:58 am »

I have Windows Media 9 loaded yet MJ des not recognise that it is there and keeps putting up a message to say so. As far as I can see I have all correct other software installed. What can I do???

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Windows Media
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2003, 09:56:23 am »

Make sure you have the release version of WMP9, not just a beta.

pubboy

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2003, 10:15:38 am »

I have the version from the official site, if this is correct. If not point me in the right direction. If it is right, then I seemed to have had troubleloading that as well, although it is up and running on my computer. It's just whenever I try to get any media it uses, I get the same message saying that MMJ cannot recognise it.

LCtheDJ

• Junior Woodchuck
  • A day without music is... unacceptable!
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2003, 11:33:33 am »

Whoa!

Before going any further, let's make sure we're all talking about the same thing.  In your first post you mentioned MJ; in your last post you mentioned MMJ.  Which is it? Are you having a problem with JRiver's Media Jukebox or with Music Match Jukebox?  If it's MMJ, you've come to the wrong place.  If it's MJ, we'll try to get you some help.
"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." -- American humorist Will Rogers (1879-1935)

pubboy

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2003, 11:39:35 am »

Sorry,type error. It's MJ

VirtualSaSha

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2003, 09:42:13 am »

I am having the same problem. I even reinstalled Windows Media Player (Version 9.00.00.2980), and still Media Jukebox insists that it cannot recognize the player, and that I must install Windows Media Player Version 6 or greater. Please help. Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

VirtualSaSha

swilliamson

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2003, 12:20:36 pm »

I am as well having the same problem, however, it seems that it is not a problem with Windows Media Player.  When I get the message "Windows Media v9 is not installed on the system.  Do you want to download and install it now?"  I expected it to download Windows Media Player, however, it is connecting the the Media Center web site and trying to download and run enc_wma.mjp which I assume is installing the Windows Media Encoder plug-in for Media Center.  Looking in the plug-in manager on Windows Media Center shows the plug in installed and the version is 2.0.34.  I also can find an enc_wma.dll file on the system in the plug-ins directory which I assume is the plug-in for this encoder.

I am running Media Center version 9.0.124.0 on Windows XP SP1.  I have not upgraded Windows Media Play from the version that comes with Windows XP (I didn't anticipate using it).  So I'm not sure if I need to do that or not or if I'm having a different problem.  Previously I was running a beta version of Media Center on Windows 2000 without any problems.  Of course like an idiot I deleted that version when I downloaded the new verion so I can't go back to that and see if that is the problem...  mp3s seem to play just fine, but it doesn't like wma.

I'm very new to using Media Center and don't know if it interfaces with Windows Media Player or not.

Any thoughts on how to fix this problem?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2003, 12:25:22 pm »

Upgrade to 9.0.137.  It's on our downloads page here:

www.mediajukebox.com/mediacenter

I'm not sure that will solve it, but that's the first thing to try.

swilliamson

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2003, 02:54:50 pm »

Tried version 9.0.137 and still get the same message about Windows Media Player not being installed.  Now though when I click yes to try to install it my we browser gets sent to a page/file to download that doesn't exist.  The link is: http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/mc_data/plugins/windowsmedia9.mjp.

Which is a different mjp file than it was trying to download before.  Anything else I should try?

Nikolay

• Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2003, 07:19:20 am »

swilliamson,

The link to Windows Media 9 is fixed. Please give it a try again.

http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/mc_data/plugins/windowsmedia9.mjp

Nikolay

swilliamson

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2003, 01:28:57 pm »

I have music!  Yay!   ;D

That worked.  The download was much larger so it didn't suprise me when it did.  Thanks a bunch.

I do have another question though.  I have a second system that is not hooked up to the Internet at all that I'd like to get this working on.  Is there a way that I can download that file and run the install directly or do I need to hook that other system up temporarily?

rij73

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2003, 11:10:06 am »

well... i have followed the instruction here, but when I try to play some radio stations, I get the message about windows media not being present. I have wmp9 installed. Help?

rij73

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2003, 02:45:42 pm »

It says "Cannot detect version of microsoft media player" then explains I need at least version 6. But I have version 9! Will this work with mj8?

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2003, 02:57:08 pm »

It should.  But we are still learning more about what changes WMP9 brought.  Please report anything you learn.

stressnot

• Recent member
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2003, 06:24:31 pm »

It says "Cannot detect version of microsoft media player" then explains I need at least version 6. But I have version 9! Will this work with mj8?

No, it doesn't. I have MJ8.0.396, with Windows Millennium, and get the same message, even though I also have the latest version of WMP9. Any idea when this might be fixed?

rij73

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2003, 03:14:38 am »

Well, this is a problem... I don't want to upgrade to MC9, because I don't want to be roped into paying for it. For now, I am just testing this software out as a replacement for windows media player, since wmp uses too much cpu power. What do you suggest I do to get it to work with MJ8? Should I downgrade my windows media player?

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2003, 04:18:13 am »

Yes...WMP 7.1 (do a search for it on web...N/A from MS) for W2k and older, stock WMPXP (WMP8 unofficially) for XP.

10-27
Pages: [1]   Go Up