INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 16.0.116 -- Available Here  (Read 3631 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 16.0.116 -- Available Here
« on: June 22, 2011, 10:09:26 am »

This is the latest version of MC 16.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

Update: Run Media Center and check for updates
or
Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v16/latest/MediaCenter160116.exe
or
Subscribe to one of the Update Channels.

New MC16 Features and Upgrade Instructions

16.0.116 (6/21/2011)

1. NEW: Blu-ray importing / cataloging works more nicely ( http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=64795.0 ).
2. Fixed: In certain passages, JRSS surround channels could be biased towards the left.
3. Fixed: In some cases, the first video playback in a zone could fail to start with madVR.
4. Fixed: The EVR video renderer was not working nicely with build 115.
5. Changed: Removed obsolete video option regarding WMV acceleration (was only needed for old ATI cards when playing protected WMV).

16.0.115 (6/20/2011)

1. Fixed: Importing of Windows Media video did not get FPS field.
2. Fixed: Some AAC+ internet radio stations would not play.
3. Fixed: Some Windows Media ASX-based internet radio stations would not play.
4. Changed: Updated to new version of ffdshow (ffdshow_rev3882_20110613_clsid.exe).
5. Changed: Added stream selection to Windows Merit Based video playback.
6. Changed: In Display View, a status message is now displayed while filter components are being downloaded & installed.
7. Fixed: With the Media Network feature disabled in Options > General > Features, the Playing Now portion of the tree would not build correctly.
8. Changed: Video positioning happens in the video playback graph thread instead of the main thread (guess as to madVR hanging issue; please report results).
9. Changed: When using madVR, only YV12 color space output will be allowed (due to problems reported with NV12 color space converter in madVR).

16.0.114 (6/17/2011)

1. Changed: Improved high-precision display refresh rate monitoring in VideoClock so that it works better on multi-monitor systems, through hardware refresh rate changes, etc.
2. Fixed: Red October preset had the ffdshow subtitle options hidden.
3. Fixed: Red October preset was using the wrong ffdshow decoding thread count setting, resulting in reduced performance on some computers.
4. Fixed: Thumbnails for some videos could be solid gray.
5. Faster: Improved performance of video thumbnailing.

16.0.113 (6/16/2011)

1. Changed: Updated all language files to have the latest strings from the source code, and to remove any orphan strings.
2. Changed: Some optimizations to the video engine to make video playback start faster.
3. Changed: The timeout used when analyzing a video file is 30 seconds instead of 20 seconds.
4. Changed: JRSS downmixing provides higher volume levels in many cases.
5. NEW: Option to automatically change display settings according to video frame rate when starting a video.
6. Changed: Files with the DTS extension are playable in the audio engine (decoded by Red October).
7. Fixed: Direct show filter downloading was causing problems during import and thumbnail creation.

16.0.112 (6/15/2011)

1. Changed: Improved support for picking a soundcard for WASAPI, etc. output when multiple soundcards on the system have the same name.
2. Faster: Some optimizations to the JRiver audio engine when used for video.
3. Changed: The 2.1 mixing mode added to build 111 supports 'No mixing' mode better for 5.1 / 7.1 content (silences channels with no speakers attached).
4. Fixed: Added file association "trp" so these video files will now play with Red October.
5. Fixed: Downloading videos from YouTube would not get the title.
6. NEW: Parametric equalizer supports Linkwitz Transform filters (used to extend the frequency response of a sealed subwoofer).
7. Fixed: Bitstreaming of DTS-HD and TrueHD formats over HDMI was not working properly.
8. Fixed: Some videos were displaying with the wrong aspect ratio in Red October mode on Windows XP.
9. Fixed: The ground was not drawing properly in the 3d spectrum analyzer visualization.

Trumpetguy

Re: Media Center 16.0.116 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2011, 11:19:39 am »

One recurring bug(?): When playing DVD or .ts from hard drive, additional filter such as ffdshow audio decoder fails to load in both RO standard and RO HQ. Is it disabled or is this a bug?

EDIT: DVD and .VOB files (not .ts).

justsomeguy

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2011, 03:26:06 pm »

Thanks, JRSS sounds much better now... think I'll start using it.

audunth

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2011, 06:26:09 pm »

Still can't play EVO files with RO standard/HQ. Error details: Directshow: Failed to connect Video decoder to source / splitter. Also there's a bug displaying the error message. The first time I try playing the file the error box briefly blinks on the screen before going back to Standard view, no chance to read it. Second time I try opening the file, error box stays on top of MC so I can actually read it.

When playing video using ffdshow DXVA, MC crashes upon stop.

Also still can't get VSfilter to load. Not a huge problem since I can get subtitles to work enabling them in ffdshow, but I just don't understand why VSfilter won't load even if I specify it to load in the video options, and also enable Haali to autoload. It used to load earlier.

And thanks for putting back stream selection in display view :)
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC

danrien

• Galactic Citizen
  • Chillin
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2011, 07:23:20 pm »

Files are not converting correctly during library sync - I have my settings set to Always Convert, and the encoder set to ogg vorbis Normal/Low; the files will change their extension (they all now have the .ogg extension on the receiving PC), but the file size remains the same and the bitrate when playing the file stays the same as it was (i.e. a file that is in FLAC format on the host PC still has a bitrate of +1000Kbps on the client).
http://davidvedvick.info

"Always be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman." - Anonymous

Martin166

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2011, 05:31:28 am »

Media Center 10.0.116 crashes about every second time I stop the playback. It is really NOT stable! (no matter if "Red October" is switched or not). This happens when playing back e.g. mp4, flv, avi, mkv.
My OS is Win XP sp3.

Like the aspect ratio of a dvd. To be correct I first have to set the zoom to 100% or 200%, then again to fit window. But the main problem is the crashing when stopping playback.

Best,
Martin

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2011, 06:45:02 am »

Please start a new topic with a few details.  Choose Red October Standard (not HQ) under Video options.

Bill S

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2011, 12:39:29 pm »

Changed: Files with the DTS extension are playable in the audio engine (decoded by Red October).

.dts files created by ripping DTS CDs (and changing file extension to .dts) result in static when decoded/played on the computer.  .dts files extracted from DVDs play fine.

In version 16.0.86 these .dts files from DTS CDs play correctly.

More info here:  http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=64707.0

)p(

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2011, 03:31:15 am »

In the latest version I am not able anymore to change the horizontal en vertical video offset/position through the onscreen menu. ie left/right does not change the offset value.
Pages: [1]   Go Up