INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestion: Customize the right click select menu  (Read 1426 times)

J-a-k-e

• World Citizen
Suggestion: Customize the right click select menu
« on: July 29, 2011, 04:45:29 pm »

The other day I'm using media centre to organise and play music as I often do. I'm adding and copying files to my library, analysing audio, sending songs to playlists and I'm also selecting files to add as next to play. All of these things I'm doing through the power of the right click menu which I find for the most part easy to use, although I do remember there being a slight learning curve in remembering where all you different options are when I first started using JR Media centre. 

When I'm jumping through different right click menu options in media centre I particularly like how the last menu selection automatically sits right at the top; which brings me to my point. It would be great if the user was able to select favourites where by they could choose up to say 5 menu options that stay at the top. Better yet a fully customizable menu with the option to save and load presets, allowing a user to create a menu that caters to them.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Suggestion: Customize the right click select menu
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 05:01:40 pm »

It would be great if the user was able to select favourites where by they could choose up to say 5 menu options that stay at the top.

Options/Tree& View/Advanced/Right Click ...

Vocalpoint

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 08:00:27 pm »

This does nothing but put the last 5 or 6 commands up and since it's every changing - it's fairly pointless. What I need is to be able to select my 5 or 6 commands and always have them locked and at the ready - in the order that I choose.

VP

J-a-k-e

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 09:56:50 pm »

I'd missed that thanks.. The ability to select specific favourites and at a later date customize and remove menu items is still however something I feel will come in handy for many people.

mark_h

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2011, 02:14:00 am »

Yes, this is something I'd like to see... the ability to "pin" certain options into the right click tree, leaving the remaining options to rotate as they do now upon usage...

There are a small set of commands I ALWAYS need in the right click tree but that which sometimes get rotated out and then I have to go hunt for them again.  Pinning them would solve this and be a useful addition to user functionality...

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2011, 12:25:36 pm »

Pinned would be nice.  I'd like to see:

* Recent ...
     * Recent item 1
     * Recent item 2
* Pinned item 1
* Pinned item 2
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

wig

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2011, 02:37:24 pm »

+1 to this.

I'd LOVE to be able to pin Locate -> Advanced -> Name to the right-click menu.
Pages: [1]   Go Up