INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tweaking questions...  (Read 2802 times)

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
Tweaking questions...
« on: August 26, 2011, 09:55:24 am »

Hello,

When going to my video library and hoovering over the thumbs, I get a window with a large folder.jpg and some info that's too big for the screen (to my taste).
Is there a way to change the window, image size, type size etc.?
The same thing happens with audio, but there we have nice little windows having the tracks and some info in decent sized text.
Same for my DVD's but there I want to have different info than what it's showing right now.

Second question is the fact that when hoovering over a playing movie the top that shows up has become smaller in width than in MC14. Can I change this to the same width as the program again?

Thanks,

Theo

Lasse_Lus

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Tweaking questions...
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 10:06:07 am »

nope, we can not configure tooltip..it's either on or off..hopefully one day   :)

you have 1 tooltip profile for respectivly [media type (4)] + podcast
MT5FR

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 10:50:23 am »

OK, that amazes me, since everything looks so much more configureable. Maybe later... :P

I didn't get what you mean with "you have 1 tooltip profile for respectivly [media type (4)] + podcast"

Lasse_Lus

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 10:59:29 am »

I didn't get what you mean with "you have 1 tooltip profile for respectivly [media type (4)] + podcast"

MC has 4 media types Audio, Video, Images & "Data" (+ playlists, but i don't count that one, also there is TV but that one i pass..cant figure out how TV can be a media type), a lot of the functions are "controlled" based on what is in the field [Media Type]..those 4 has their own tooltip profile, paste this into a smartlist and you see the differences ~limit=5,1,[Media Type]

Downloaded podcasts has thier own, but that is the only one that breaks the rule (what i know)
MT5FR

Lasse_Lus

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 11:06:35 am »

regarding the picture size, have you tried with a smaller coverart ?, also i think that the more [description] you have for a video file, the bigger the coverart get's..but you have to do your own research
MT5FR

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 11:40:24 am »

I have around 5000 DVD's/Video files. (I was in the video-rental business  ;D) So I won't change all those folder.jpgs.
I use for video/dvd 300x430 and for my audio 300x300 pixels.

I guess when it's configureable it will let me resize the image. I don't get why there's so much difference in the size of the lettertype though.

rick.ca

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 02:33:01 pm »

I guess when it's configureable it will let me resize the image. I don't get why there's so much difference in the size of the lettertype though.

The image size won't make a difference. I don't know what you might be seeing with respect to font size. A screenshot would help. Or maybe you could just compare it to mine (attached).

The video tooltip is rather obnoxious in the amount of screen space it uses. But even if it were less so, it still has to be large enough to display the information likely to be recorded. The result is always going to be the tooltip is helpful when it's needed, and a huge PITA when it's not. That need varies so frequently and unpredictably, the ability to turn tooltips on and off in Options is next to useless. What's needed is a toolbar button (or some other convenient control) to toggle it on and off.

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2011, 03:09:21 pm »

I just purchased MC16 and installed it too on my main PC. I must say on my larger screen with also higher resolution it looks better than on my laptop.
Still I would like to be able to see the stuff I want to see.

But that's an option for later maybe...

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2011, 01:45:30 am »

That need varies so frequently and unpredictably, the ability to turn tooltips on and off in Options is next to useless. What's needed is a toolbar button (or some other convenient control) to toggle it on and off.
I've asked for this repeatedly. With images and video, the tooltips are so frustrating when you don't need them, and I just put up with it, and my rising blood pressure, because the trip into options to turn them off is too tiresome, and when I'm done, I won't go back in and turn them on, then I'll be annoyed when I need the tooltip and they don't show... back into options to turn them on again, and so on...

Let's try again...

Please can we have a toolbar button to toggle tooltips on and off?

-marko

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2011, 07:13:16 am »

And when they are getting into that please make it (a bit) customizeable... ;)

rick.ca

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2011, 02:03:34 pm »

And when they are getting into that please make it (a bit) customizeable...

As far as that goes, I think the ability to customize content is more fundamental than appearance. Many of my key video fields are custom, so none of that information appears in the tooltip. And I'd rather not have to mess with the appearance of such things. If the program was a little more "intelligent" about what was displayed, I'm sure I'd be happy with the result. The size of the tooltip, for example, could adapt to the amount of information to be displayed.

The content, BTW, is the same as that for Tiles, which is also in need of configurable content. It seems to me one configuration for both would be appropriate.

But I'd rather these matters be ignored than get in the way of the trivial task of adding a toolbar button.
Pages: [1]   Go Up