INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Blu-ray Titles  (Read 8543 times)

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
Blu-ray Titles
« on: October 07, 2011, 10:34:00 am »

I like the new title selection feature. I recently started ripping all Blu-rays with JRiver since it is so easy and it gives me all the extras. The title selection now makes it extremely easy to play the extras.

Here are some comments:

• It would be nice if we could rename the titles - especially for ripped movies. This would make it clear what the titles were.
  • Will we eventually be able to import titles as separate library entries? This will be helpful for TV series Blu-rays, etc.
  • When I finished playing the title of an extra, playback closed and I had to reopen the file. It would be great if it went back to a screen that showed a list of titles and let you pick another.
  • I would like to be able to delete a title and have it delete the corresponding m2ts files. This would allow one to rip the entire disc and then delete extras/trailers/etc. after viewing them.
  • I would like to be able to select which titles to rip. For some movies I only want the main feature.
[

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
Re: Blu-ray Titles
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 03:36:42 pm »

+1 on most of these.

Couple of comments on these two

I like the new title selection feature. I recently started ripping all Blu-rays with JRiver since it is so easy and it gives me all the extras. The title selection now makes it extremely easy to play the extras.

Here are some comments:

• I would like to be able to delete a title and have it delete the corresponding m2ts files. This would allow one to rip the entire disc and then delete extras/trailers/etc. after viewing them.
  • I would like to be able to select which titles to rip. For some movies I only want the main feature.

I don't think this will work as on some discs there are not a 1:1 relationship between Playlists and M2TS.  For example on a seemless branching discs you may have lots of M2TS files that makeup the playlists and if you delete say an "alternative ending" playlist and it's related M2TS files you would also end up deleting most of the M2TS files for the main movie as well.
JRiver CEO Elect

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 04:02:26 pm »

I don't think this will work as on some discs there are not a 1:1 relationship between Playlists and M2TS.  For example on a seemless branching discs you may have lots of M2TS files that makeup the playlists and if you delete say an "alternative ending" playlist and it's related M2TS files you would also end up deleting most of the M2TS files for the main movie as well.
I don't really see a problem with ripping just one title and its accompanying M2TS files.

Maybe we could delete a playlist if it only contained one M2TS file.

I ripped (with another program) Toy Story 3 and the longest version on the disk is for use with the Spanish audio track (at least that is what ripped). It is funny because a bunch of the writing or text, like on boxes that go to college, etc. are all in Spanish. Also when Buzz in in Spanish mode the forced subs are also in Spanish.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2011, 04:16:59 pm »

Sorry - I was more focused on the deleting idea. 

For the ripping I'd suggest that MC use the Remux to MKV, where you select you title and tracks and it is muxed to MKV as a single file.  The basics are already in place for this so it just needs the logic.
JRiver CEO Elect

SamuriHL

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2011, 07:35:36 pm »

So, you're trying to get them to replace MakeMKV in my workflow??  :D  That'd be impressive.  Especially if it could figure out the movie name and automatically name the MKV accordingly.  And of course, I'd want to select what streams from the M2TS to keep.  HAHAHA.  I'm not greedy at all, no.  This is one of the main things I'm waiting for CloneBD for...MakeMKV doesn't seem willing to allow me to default to ripping HD audio streams which is a pain.  If this could all be done in MC17, well, um....hmmm.  :)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2011, 07:39:55 pm »

You have an active imagination.

SamuriHL

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2011, 07:42:13 pm »

I'm a software engineer.  Of course I do!  :D

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2011, 08:50:30 pm »

Make me get rid of MakeMKV , please!
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2011, 11:24:43 pm »

I like the ability to select titles but I feel it needs to be handled better in theater view.  

At the moment as soon as I scroll left/right MC changes playback.

What I'd like to see (in my opinion) is when I press up/down and get to "Title"  I can then do two things;
1) Press left/right to scroll throuh the various titles in the single line display, and then press OK to select the one I  want.
or
2) Press OK first and get a full page scrollable list of all the titles, I can then scroll up/down through the list and press OK to select the one I want, or press the left arrow to go back to the 2 line OSD display.

At the moment when I try to scroll though the available title options MC changes to the next title immediately, and in my case so far then hangs!

I also think my idea would work well for subtitle and audio stream selection too, as I honestly find scrolling througb one line at a time when there are so many titles or subtitles quite painful.

Cheers
Richard

fitbrit

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2011, 11:29:12 pm »

Make me get rid of MakeMKV , please!

Would be another killer feature indeed. We're making MC17 a must-have software for the HTPC masses... at least in our own imaginations!

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2011, 08:07:38 am »

Would be another killer feature indeed. We're making MC17 a must-have software for the HTPC masses... at least in our own imaginations!
Imagination is a very powerful thing.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2011, 03:13:13 pm »

So - MC already transcodes Blu for streaming, and MC already has (or had working) a JTV --> mkv mux option.  I'm not suggesting (at this stage) anything tooo fancy, but a simple option that would apply to any video (eg including DVD, Blu, other files), that lets users remux the slected streams to MKV (eg one video, audio, sub & chapters).  More "advanced" ideas down the track would be to allow the streams to be transcoded as is already done for streaming (eg even if you just "keept" the MP4 stream as a stack....)
JRiver CEO Elect

AVTechMan

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2011, 02:22:16 am »

Imagination is a very powerful thing.

Where's Barney when you need him.....

bludragon

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2011, 06:24:58 pm »

Is there any good way to know which title to play?  I'm trying this with Bruno and it is not at all obvious.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2011, 06:25:53 pm »

Are you using MC17.0.27?

audunth

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2011, 05:38:29 pm »

Maybe a stupid question....but how do I select titles? When I play a Blu-ray imported into MC all I get is the main movie, no title selection. Even tried deleting it from the library, deleting the sidecar file and re-importing. Does the feature need to be activated somehow? Using RO HQ as playback method.
Cheers,
Audun

My system:
ASUS  P8Z68 V-PRO/GEN3, 8GB RAM, Core i5-2500K
EVGA Nvidia GTX 970 SSC, 4GB RAM
Antec P180 case w/Seasonic X460 fanless PSU, water cooled by Zalman Reserator 1+ w/extra DDC pump
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
Sony VPL-HW30ES 3D projector
Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver and custom built 2Ch power amp for front/stereo speakers
Klipsch Reference/SVS 7.1 speaker system
Always running the latest available version of MC

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2011, 05:39:23 pm »

Do you have the latest?  17.0.31?

stottle

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2011, 12:49:36 pm »

Just tried MC17 for this feature, since I'm having trouble with Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part I defaulting to the wrong video title (commentary).

I think this feature is a nice start in MC17, but I hope we can see some improvements/fixes soon.  This is with 17.0.38.

Top of my list
1) (from mojave) Rename titles
2) (from rpalmer68) Don't immediately switch titles - give the name, then ok button switches
3) FEATURE: Allow the default title to be set, so the title doesn't need to be changed manually (i.e., for Harry Potter 7, Part I)
4) ISSUE (Bug?): Display settings (changing to 23 fps) are not kept when changing titles.  I guess some titles will have video formats, so you can't assume the FPS tag applies to all.  Need some tags for each title?
5) BUG: If I stop playback of a non-primary track, starting playback again appears to go to the stopped timestamp in the primary track.  Should resume the last played title, I think.
6) FEATURE: Love the idea of getting track names and info from a database (alternate ending, included shorts) so it is downloaded with the standard movie metadata.  Even better, the ability to combine multipart movies (the LOTR extended blu-rays).  This type stuff is obviously harder than 1-5, but I hope you are considering this type of stuff.

eddyshere

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2012, 04:47:36 am »

Sorry if this a dumb question. Is there no way to have the standard bluray menu ? Be it root or pop-up like tmt5 or other bd player do ? Is this a licence problem ? If so would it be thinkeable to have a j river pro version which is even more costly. I have a huge bd concert collection and the actual title navigation is not helping (mostly in theatre view). J river Audio and video features are by far superior to most players outhere. Asio support is superb. I'm really Ok to pay more for j river mc than for these tmt or pdvd solutions. Just a thought...

avmkiiifr

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2012, 01:03:29 pm »

Maybe a stupid question....but how do I select titles? When I play a Blu-ray imported into MC all I get is the main movie, no title selection. Even tried deleting it from the library, deleting the sidecar file and re-importing. Does the feature need to be activated somehow? Using RO HQ as playback method.

Hi,

Same problem here with MC 17.0.68 : it is impossible to select titles. Actually, there absolutely no difference between MC 16 and MC 17 ?
For example : the Blu-Ray of Terminator 2 contains three different versions (theatrical, director's cut and long director's cut). MC always start with the longest version, there is no way to choose the two others.

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/4013/sanstitre1xy.jpg

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2012, 01:15:57 pm »

Same problem here with MC 17.0.68 : it is impossible to select titles. Actually, there absolutely no difference between MC 16 and MC 17 ?
For example : the Blu-Ray of Terminator 2 contains three different versions (theatrical, director's cut and long director's cut). MC always start with the longest version, there is no way to choose the two others.

What's in the Title menu while playing (OSD or right-click)?
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2012, 03:12:26 pm »

I like the ability to select titles but I feel it needs to be handled better in theater view. 

At the moment as soon as I scroll left/right MC changes playback.

What I'd like to see (in my opinion) is when I press up/down and get to "Title"  I can then do two things;
1) Press left/right to scroll throuh the various titles in the single line display, and then press OK to select the one I  want.
or
2) Press OK first and get a full page scrollable list of all the titles, I can then scroll up/down through the list and press OK to select the one I want, or press the left arrow to go back to the 2 line OSD display.

At the moment when I try to scroll though the available title options MC changes to the next title immediately, and in my case so far then hangs!

I also think my idea would work well for subtitle and audio stream selection too, as I honestly find scrolling througb one line at a time when there are so many titles or subtitles quite painful.

Cheers
Richard

+1

The Live tv "programs" OSD is an example of the way I think this should work across the board. Arrows to browse the available selections, Enter to choose.

I think there's others that agree with the idea but i don't think Matt's a fan based on a similar discussion elsewhere.

Perhaps an option then, which is consistent across all OSD menu selections?
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

BartMan01

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2012, 01:00:57 am »

• Will we eventually be able to import titles as separate library entries? This will be helpful for TV series Blu-rays, etc.

This is possible by doing the following:
Set MC to add files to the library when played, then open the specific MPLS using MC.  It will add it to the library.

Bad news is that the Bluray index file ignore the 'skip files removed from library' option so even if you delete that file from the library it keeps stubbornly coming back if you import again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up