INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there no company support?  (Read 1837 times)

Johnny Stork

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Johnny Stork
Is there no company support?
« on: January 12, 2012, 09:33:47 pm »

I am very surprised, shocked actually, that I cannot find any contact to obtain support from JRiver? Am I missing something, is it hidden somewhere? Does the company not provide support for the product it sells? I hope I am wrong.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Johnny Stork

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Johnny Stork
Re: Is there no company support?
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 11:55:22 am »

Pushing software support to a community/forum is NOT company support. It is nothing more than a blatant insult and abuse of paying customers. Support should be provided directly by the company developing and selling the software. This is an ethical issue and although technically MC is a great application, one of the best and most configurable for the audiophile user, the company's denial of REAL technical support, is a major failing IMHO.

But, like all products/services, I get to choose if I will continue using, or promoting them.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 12:33:10 pm »

Actually the CEO and CTO of the corporation are actively working on this board answering questions and providing support. This in addition to an extremely knowledgeable and helpful community of dedicated users who also contribute. Together they do provide support on a par or better than many 'direct support' software providers.

Yes you do get to choose if you will continue using it, but don't short change yourself, give it a change before you decide.
. . . the game is rigged

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 12:40:12 pm »

Johnny - you seem a bit frustrated.

At least 5 key people from the JRiver team respond here routinely.  This is likely much better than folks in another country following some script suggesting you "please to reinstall Windows", "power off machine for 5 minutes, thank you", and "please, drive through, come again".

I see that you have two recent unanswered threads.  Perhaps its just best to bump them so others can respond.  Often people either don't know the answer, or there isn't enough detail to be obvious how to respond, and sometimes it is just overlooked.

In your previous threads, you received answers / responses very quickly.  There is no follow-up from you, so its not clear if you were helped.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

Johnny Stork

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Johnny Stork
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2012, 12:51:29 pm »

Thanks guys.....I must apologise for my terse/negative comments. Been having a few days of support-hell from a couple of other commercial/tech companies and I clearly took it out here. Just bad timing where I was already frustrated with other vendors, and then was fiddling with MC and got annoyed I could not just send someone an email for support.

Yes, in nearly all cases you guys/gals, and users, have been quick to respond to my questions and its only the last 1 or two where I have not have a response.

Please accept my apologies and have a great day. :)

btw: I did figure out that only as a client, connecting to a remote MC server/library, are the playlists not getting saved....which is still strange there would not at least be a warning or something. I can create them, they show up in the client list of playlists, but are gone when I shutdown/restart MC.

I can create the playlists fine on the MC server/Library and see them from the client. Just need to figure out why I cant create a playlist from a client, connected to a MC server library. :)

Pages: [1]   Go Up