INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Edit 'Name' (multiple items)  (Read 2193 times)

Chronic

• World Citizen
Edit 'Name' (multiple items)
« on: February 05, 2012, 08:26:30 am »

Say i have a TV Series 'Inbetweeners Series 1' in my MC & under 'Name' each episode just has the episode name Like 'E01', so when using gizmo when searching it just says E01 & i can't tell which series it is from...

So i want to copy the name of the Series to the beginning of each of the episode names, so it would say 'Inbetweeners Series 1 - E01' , obviously i can copy & paste but can i do multiple items?

Ive tried playing around with plenty of move/copy/rename functions but i can't seem to copy it across without replacing the whole name, rather than just adding in 'inbetweeners series 1'

Thanks for any help, this will save hours of editing if i can edit multiple items like this

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Edit 'Name' (multiple items)
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 08:50:29 am »

You could try Lookup Movie & TV Info... on the files to get actual episode names.

Or you could edit 'Name' and enter this:
=[Series] [Name]
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Chronic

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 10:34:50 am »

Thanks but the lookup doesn't work...

When you say edit 'name' do you mean tags? That doesn't seem to work either, ive tried changing lots of things in the tags filename, file paths etc...

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 10:58:08 am »

When you say edit 'name' do you mean tags? That doesn't seem to work either, ive tried changing lots of things in the tags filename, file paths etc...

Pick any number of files.  Click Action Window > Tag > Name.  Enter exactly:
=[Series] [Name]
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Chronic

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 04:30:02 pm »

Awesome, thankyou!

Houckster

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2012, 08:34:31 pm »

In my early experimenting, I took the column heading "CUSTOM" and changed it to show "TRACK#".  I then found out that I could create an original column heading and have done so.  Using the information present above, I used =[CUSTOM] to mirror the data in that column in "TRACK#".  How can I make the information that is in "TRACK#" independent of what's in CUSTOM?  And, BTW, can you point me to a discussion of the functions that are being used to use information from one column and use it in another.  This would probably answer my question.

Houckster

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2012, 02:31:06 pm »

I also want to get rid of CUSTOM from the database after making TRACK# independent.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2012, 02:34:15 pm »

Just ignore it - its a built-in field, and there are many.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

janh

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2012, 04:18:21 pm »

I think this could fit into here.
 I have a Music CD I want to rip. Entering the CD into the machine, I loaded Tabs from Online database. I then  saw that the content in the Artist column for all tracks really belonged in the Name column.
Matt's answer here seemed to fit well in order to move all values from Artist column to Name en bloc. I clicked Action Window> Tag, and in Name I wrote: =[Artist]. Et voilą, Name = Artist for all tracks. Then I entered new value for Artist in all tracks. Seemed fine.
But when I then clicked Rip, I was told that No tracks could be found to rip. I reclicked Rip, and it stopped at: Initializing for rip.   Any comments?

janh

• Recent member
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2012, 04:35:52 pm »

I solved this myself.
I had submitted my corrections to the Online database. When I closed and reopened MC, my corrected Tags showed up, and I could rip. Thank Matt for your suggestion

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2012, 05:27:29 pm »

You can use Move / Copy Fields ... for this instead, flip-flopping Name and Artist.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

tcman41

• Sound Surfing!
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2012, 07:22:29 am »

Say i have a TV Series 'Inbetweeners Series 1' in my MC & under 'Name' each episode just has the episode name Like 'E01', so when using gizmo when searching it just says E01 & i can't tell which series it is from...

So i want to copy the name of the Series to the beginning of each of the episode names, so it would say 'Inbetweeners Series 1 - E01' , obviously i can copy & paste but can i do multiple items?

Ive tried playing around with plenty of move/copy/rename functions but i can't seem to copy it across without replacing the whole name, rather than just adding in 'inbetweeners series 1'

Thanks for any help, this will save hours of editing if i can edit multiple items like this

If the tags are correct, j.river will find episode and art info, I have 100's of tv shows, used get movie and tv info on them and j.river found every single one, episode thumbs and all tag info automatically filled out and correct for every single show, was pretty impressed.  :)

Houckster

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2012, 09:46:44 am »

Where is Move / Copy Fields?  One would have thought it would be in the EDIT menu.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2012, 10:04:29 am »

Tools/Library Tools

Houckster

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2012, 11:32:05 am »

Thanks, I looked all over for it.