INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Back Again  (Read 1109 times)

kaiynne

• World Citizen
  • I Changed this by choosing profile
Back Again
« on: February 12, 2012, 08:45:49 pm »

So after a 6 month absence I am back again, all those emails about the awesome new features in MC17 just got to me eventually.  The only thing that had stopped me getting back into MC was I knew it would take some time to get everything just right and I just didn't have the time to do it properly.  It was Gizmo that put me over the edge though.

I have a few questions now though;

Gizmo doesn't seem to be supporting my various new library views.  For example I have setup a lossless view but when I go into Audio I only see the default link (artists,albums,recent albums etc.)  Is there a way to have my views propagate to gizmo, or to create views in gizmo?

I am trying to clean up my file names, as a lot of them are pretty messy from just being thrown anywhere for a while, but when I use clean file properties it is taking like 3 seconds per edit, not sure if this is due to a large library or what, but I just redid only selecting artist and album and it ran through 300 albums in like 5 seconds...

Getting album art from the internet has changed and I like the new workflow, but is there a way to just have it auto accept the best option, because I sat there for 30 minutes and had gone through like 5% of my albums clicking accept every minute or so.

The sound is incredible...  Maybe that is just me having not listened to lossless stuff as much lately but anecdotally my old albums which are the same as they were 3 year ago sound so much better.

Loving being back in the fold, now I just need to get my head around the new video setting and get all my shows added.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Back Again
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 08:48:54 pm »

Welcome back.

Gizmo doesn't seem to be supporting my various new library views.  For example I have setup a lossless view but when I go into Audio I only see the default link (artists,albums,recent albums etc.)  Is there a way to have my views propagate to gizmo, or to create views in gizmo?

Try Options > Media Network > Customize views...
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

kaiynne

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 10:22:58 pm »

Haha, and that is why I love MC, I was really expecting a response of not possible yet or something.

kaiynne

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 05:46:34 am »

OK I have gone through every single menu and I cannot find anywhere where you can set the get cover art mechanism to just save automatically.  Is this no longer possible?  I seem to remember there used to be an external plugin that handled cover art in the past, but it seems like some of that functionality has been adsorbed?
Pages: [1]   Go Up