INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request: New Subscription Rule  (Read 1637 times)

opy01

• Junior Woodchuck
Feature Request: New Subscription Rule
« on: April 05, 2012, 04:35:14 pm »

I don't see a way to record only new showings of a subscription.  In SageTV I could record all shows or just new ones.  Also I could go through channels setting shows to watched so it will not record those episodes that I have already seen on Netflix or Hulu.

This was a HUGE thing in SageTV for me since I am never home and have about 20 subscriptions.

If there is a way to do it and I just don't know, please tell me :)

Thanks!

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Feature Request: New Subscription Rule
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 05:48:49 pm »

There is already an option to not to record shows that have already been recorded in MC in the past (even if it is later deleted).  There will also be a new option (to be release to public soon), that will skip reruns (if the guide labels them as such).
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

opy01

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 12:16:51 am »

I noticed the option not to record previously recorded shows and that is nice but using a STB I've noticed that sometimes the channels don't always change correctly and I record something else.  I had the option of deleting it and saying "wrong recording".  I know this probably isn't going to happen with MC (at least anytime soon) but I also had the option of setting a show as watched in the EPG and it just added a W to the DB (I assume) and never recorded that episode or movie again.  It also displayed a W in the EPG to let you know it has been watched.

I purchased a license earlier and I have to say that I am impressed with the software so far ;) .

I loved the option to skip reruns in Sage!  I can't wait for it here!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 07:14:58 am »

I purchased a license earlier and I have to say that I am impressed with the software so far ;) .
Thank you.

opy01

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 02:32:30 pm »

And to clarify, I believe it will not record shows that have been watched, not just recorded.  I already had an episode of Psych recorded from Sage and watched it on MC.  MC recorded it after I set it as a subscription and I deleted it without playing it.  I just noticed the same episode recorded again.  This time I hit play then jumped to about 75% and made sure it said arounf 75% watched then deleted it.  Hopefully that will take care of it.

I think having an option to set the show as watched would be great so it would either not record in the first place or not re-record.

Thanks ;D

opy01

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 02:54:18 pm »

Ok the ignore reruns function works but I do have a couple of questions. 

If a show records but is totally jacked or the stb somehow went to the wrong channel will you bhave to manually record the show if it comes on two hours later?

If a first runs does not get recorded due to power outage or a higher priority show recording will it schedule the next showing or is it then considered a rerun?

Now that I think of it, what constitutes a rerun?

Thanks for the awesome product and support!

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2012, 04:53:29 pm »

I think we do take care of shows that are not recorded to completion if you choose "Do not record programs that have been recorded in the past" (though I have to double-check on that).

However, if you turn on "do not record rerun", then MC will not record it again.  What constitutes a rerun?  If the guide says so - depending on the source of guide, you may get a flag that says "previously-shown", or you get an "original date".  In case of latter, a show presented more than once on the same day may actually be recorded more than once (if the original date is not in the past of course).
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

opy01

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2012, 05:22:56 pm »

Cool, thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up