INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How does JRiver rank compared to other places you shop?

Good
- 68 (85%)
OK / Average
- 8 (10%)
Not too good
- 1 (1.3%)
Not good at all
- 1 (1.3%)
Don't shop there, no opinion
- 2 (2.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: POLL: How Good is JRiver?  (Read 3325 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
POLL: How Good is JRiver?
« on: April 17, 2012, 01:50:19 pm »

I started a poll on Best Buy and another on Amazon this week, just to see what you thought of them compared to their competition.  The results were amazing.

So how about JRiver?  How good is it?

preproman

• Galactic Citizen
Re: POLL: How Good is JRiver?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 02:46:07 pm »

I started a poll on Best Buy and another on Amazon this week, just to see what you thought of them compared to their competition.  The results were amazing.

So how about JRiver?  How good is it?

there should be a choice for Good and then Great.  I would have picked Great..  Good sounds average.  this product is way above average. 

NickF

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 03:16:40 pm »

So, like Amazon, we need an Excellent here because that is how I would rate JRiver, both product and company.  I have never come across another company which is so customer centred and so responsive.

Nick.
HTPC - Intel i5-760 CPU, Windows 7 64 bit, NVIDIA GTS450 Silent, RME 9632 with A04, BlackGold BGT3600; Video Processor - Lumagen Radiance XD Processor; Projector - ProjectionDesign Action Model 3 1080; Denon AVC-A1HD; 4 x Tannoy Berkley and Velodyne DD-10

wilfredjg

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 03:26:31 pm »

So, like Amazon, we need an Excellent here because that is how I would rate JRiver, both product and company.  I have never come across another company which is so customer centred and so responsive.

Nick.

Voted good but excellent for my use.

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 04:01:27 pm »

That's a very broad question but:
Here's my recent story of ...  ;)

I voted Good on account of no Excellent.  As yet though I've never tried to take Media Center back  ;)

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2012, 04:35:54 pm »

Did you mean for the poll to apply to your online music store? Or to MC? Or everything? I have only purchased MC (several versions) and a remote from you. For the quality of those items and the way you treat customers I would like to have voted Excellent+, but had to vote Good.

Keep up the high quality - actually it's hard to imagine you doing otherwise!

Rod

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2012, 08:19:31 pm »

MC has gotten so good, I find I need less and less support as time goes on. (I'm also super busy with my doctoral studies, so that is probably a contributing factor). I've also spent years configuring and automating my HTPC so now it does pretty much everything on its own.

craigmcg

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2012, 09:03:55 pm »

As an online store, the selection of products available for sale is extremely limited and there is a no refund policy on software purchases. ;D

This said, the software that I have purchased here is of such exceedingly high quality, I wouldn't ask for a refund even if I could. As most others have mentioned, there should be an Excellent option.

I don't know any other commercial software whose users have such access and influence on the software and its development cycle.

rjm

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2012, 11:44:20 pm »

JRiver is excellent on all fronts but especially rate of improvement, features, performance, value, and customer responsiveness. Nothing else comes close in any application space with the possible exception of Calibre which is very good but is still not as good as JRiver.

P.S. Still amazes me what you deliver in a tiny 21 MB install package.

locust

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2012, 06:27:09 am »

The sky is the limit with this product  ;D, in the future I do hope there are some aesthetic upgrades for theatre view & some nicer visulisations built in..

Nothing else comes close in any application space with the possible exception of Calibre which is very good but is still not as good as JRiver.

Also I think support for ebooks in a similar fashion to Calibra would be the icing on the cake for mc..

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2012, 09:34:38 am »

I voted good as it is the highest rating provided. The product is amazing and constantly growing.

oldDave

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2012, 10:43:54 am »

I havent had this much fun with an old PC in years. MC seems to be unmatched in features, perfomance, and support of its user comunity.

drmimosa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2012, 11:39:29 am »

JRiver is excellent on all fronts but especially rate of improvement, features, performance, value, and customer responsiveness.

+1

JRiver = Excellent. Can't wait to see what comes next in the development cycle.

gvanbrunt

• MC Beta Team
  • MC Nerd
Re: Re: POLL: How Good is JRiver?
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2012, 01:31:50 pm »

Ohh is this thread asking for a troll to drop by. ;)

I have to agree with the others here. JRiver  is at the top of my list for software companies.

Don't let it go to your head though...:)

jgreen

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2012, 04:40:51 pm »

Here I am!

Short answer:  Excellent, of course.  But I'd really like to answer a different question, namely:  Between Best Buy and Amazon, which company is JRiver more similar to?

Answer:  Amazon.  Amazon is not just a retail outlet, they are an innovator and a technology developer.  Amazon has a tradition of excellence and an ongoing inability to sit still.  JRiver!

Stretching this analogy even further, JRiver has more in common with Amazon than it does with many software companies, taking for example MSFT (I love dragging them into things).  I'm sure I'm missing something, but I can't recall a new product MSFT has brought out in the last decade that wasn't a day late and a dollar short (and painfully derivative).  I'm sorry, MSFT has more in common with GM in the seventies--selling every car they can make--than they do with JRiver.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2012, 06:29:56 pm »

Thanks for all the kind words.  Flattery will get you everywhere.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2012, 06:14:39 pm »

I actually think the Best buy has slipped in the past few years maybe that's why they are closing 50 or so stores.

amazon is always good, never had a problem with errors (missing packages, or broken Items). UPS was normally the issue in the problems, like kicking the package from California to north Carolina or dropping it out the door at 30,000 feet.

J. river, what can I say, always stellar.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up