INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: streaming with convolution  (Read 2630 times)

tiggerkater

• Recent member
streaming with convolution
« on: May 05, 2012, 08:44:09 am »

hi,

i am from germany and a first time poster here in this forum, i hope i get everything right.  :)

also JRiver is absolutely new for me, i am playing around with the latest demo. some things donīt work as i would like. i really hope, that somebody can help me out.

my music is stored in a NAS. i set up a pc with JRiver connected to that NAS via lan. convolution is enabled within JRiver dsp. now i would like to stream the convoluted music to a media renderer - like a linn ds or a wd-tv for example - also via lan. as a controller i use an i-device with plugplayer.

with foobar (vst plugin and upnp server plugin) this is possible, but i could not configure JRiver to do the same. or is this simply not possible?

i would really like to convolve with JRiver, because of its implemented 64bit convolution system, which should be better than the foobar solution.

one next strange thing: sorting of my (mostely classical albums) is not in track order. on the j river pc everything ist fine, but on the ipad the order is alphabetical. any suggestions?

thanks to everybody!

tiggerkater

tiggerkater

• Recent member
Re: streaming with convolution
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 02:26:46 am »

hello everybody again,

i am sorry to ask perhaps basic questions (and to push my post), but it would be great, if  somebody had an idea, because my test period will run out in approx. 7 days...

especially the convolution/streaming would be interesting for me, thanks again!

all the best

tiggerkater

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 06:28:39 am »

You could try WebGizmo instead of Plugplayer.  Make sure you have the latest build of MC17 from the top of the MC17 board.

Does the Linn work without Convolution?

tiggerkater

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 10:22:00 am »

Hi Jim,

thanks a lot for your answer. i am using the latest build of MC (Ver. 17.0.122)

After a lot of trial and error, finally i can access J River-Server through plugplayer and play music via sonos. but J River does not send a convoluted stream to the sonos. (foobar does, when convolution is enabled)

And no success with sorting either. I tried the settings as posted here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=70611.0, but still within an album the tracks are sorted alphabetically. in plugplayer - gizmo does it right, but when using gizmo, it wonīt find all my Upnp devices (no sonos displayed)...

I donīt know, what J River does with the tags, because every other Upnp device or software sorts my albums in track order.

thanks again for the help,

tiggerkater

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 10:23:07 am »

17.0.144 is at the top of the MC17 board.

tiggerkater

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 01:55:11 pm »

Thanks Jim,

I did not realize, that there was a newer version...sorry.

After updating, good news for my second question: the sorting problem seems to be solved. everything is displayed in the right order now (track).

but the convolver is not working.  :-[ it works, when played on the PC directly, but the convoluted audio stream is not forwarded via LAN to the sonos renderer. to be more precise: sonos is playing from the JRiver library, but the convolution is not implemented. (dsp-studio says: playback ist stopped - or something like that, because i am using the german version of J River)

any suggestions?

thanks again, tiggerkater

tiggerkater

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2012, 08:30:25 am »

hello again,

no success with streaming and convolving - perhaps anybody has an idea. Should JRiver work like foobar and send a convoluted stream to a media renderer, or can JRiver only pass the convoluted audio to a sound card?

thanks for your help!

tiggerkater
Pages: [1]   Go Up