INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No longer able to control Marantz av7005 via DLNA from MC 17 [Solved]  (Read 3611 times)

teascher

• Recent member

Very strange.  Using my Marantz av7005 I can access MC17 on my computer and play music.  But I can't use MC17 on my computer to play music via my Marantz av7005.  It seems that when I first installed my Marantz  I could play music either way, controlled either from my Marantz or from my computer.  Now, all of a sudden I can only play from the Marantz accessing the computer, but not from the computer accessing the Marantz.  I must have changed something ...but don't know what?!  What can I do so I can play/control from my MC17 screen on the computer once again?

Oh, also, when I'm at my computer screen using MC17 and turn on the Marantz, after awhile the Marantz shows up as an option for playing.  But when I click on the Marantz, it seems to connect for a few seconds, but then goes off and the Marantz doesn't show up on my MC17 screen anymore!

teascher

• Recent member
Media Center can no longer control other DLNA device.
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 12:06:04 pm »

I used to be able to have other DLNA devices control Media Center and/or have Media Center control other devices.  Now I can have other device control MC, but not MC control other device.  I think this may have happened after last update to MC17.  Is there something that I need to do with new MC to enable it to play music to a DLNA device on my LAN?

teascher

• Recent member
Re: Media Center can no longer control other DLNA device.
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 01:21:06 pm »

I'm replying to my own post as I've temporarily fixed this by simple going back to an earlier version of MC17.  But, I'm leaving the post as I'd like to know if there's a way of getting the updated version to work, in case of ever make the mistake of updating to a newer version!

teascher

• Recent member
Re: No longer able to control Marantz av7005 via DLNA from MC 17
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 01:24:55 pm »

Update on this...I have reestablished ability to control Marantz from MC17 by removing program and reloading earlier version.  Would like to know if there is a way to establish functionality with updates, if I ever want to try latest version again!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 01:34:22 pm »

Can you specify the full version of what works and what doesn't?

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2012, 02:01:39 pm »

If it wasn't >= 17.0.169 would you download and try the latest? (17.0.170).
Thanks..

teascher

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2012, 10:48:15 am »

Okay, I'll give it a try.

teascher

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2012, 12:06:09 pm »

How do I get 17.0.170?  Latest I can get is 17.0.165!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2012, 02:07:58 pm »

The latest build is always at the top of the MC17 board.

http://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Updates

teascher

• Recent member
Re: Media Center can no longer control other DLNA device.
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2012, 11:45:32 am »

I've updated to latest version of MC 17.0.182.  Also updated to Windows 7.  Problem now is that MC recognized my Marantz av7005 on the network but when I attempt to play any of my music files, it just says "waiting".  Waiting for what?  Will not play!  Help!

teascher

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2012, 11:50:24 am »

Latest.  Updated MC to 17.0.182.  Also updated my os to Windows 7.  Now MC recognizes my Marantz av7005 on my wireless network.  But when I go to play one of my music files, I get message:  "Waiting".  Nothing happens.  Will not play.  Please help.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2012, 09:58:08 am »

Latest.  Updated MC to 17.0.182.  Also updated my os to Windows 7.  Now MC recognizes my Marantz av7005 on my wireless network.  But when I go to play one of my music files, I get message:  "Waiting".  Nothing happens.  Will not play.  Please help.
So, you can still play when you browse from the Marantz however when you try to push to it from the computer it fails, correct?

First question, what format are your trying to play (mp3, flac, aac, etc).

Next, would you please try the following:
Right click on the Marantz zone under playing now.
Move down to the DLNA Controller Options setting.
Do "disable SetNext Support" (it's a toggle).
Try playing some material to the Marantz again.
If that doesn't work, in the same DLNA Controller Options menu,
Do "ignore Transport Events"
and try again.
Report back,
Thanks.

teascher

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2012, 07:51:29 pm »

Bob, I've solved it by completely rebuilding my computer, re-loading, updating all drivers, all software.  It works now.  Wish I could be more helpful regarding what made the difference.  A couple of things...my new computer uses all SSD drives internally for windows 7 and data.  I also had my data SSD connected to a SATA 2 connector instead of the correct SATA 3 connector; likewise, had my OS SSD connected to a SATA 3 connector instead of SATA 2.  Reversed these in process of rebuilding, but don't know if that is what solved it, as MC17 recognized the DLNA devices before I reversed, just wouldn't play.  Also, I might have found and installed a more current driver for the motherboard along the way, not sure.  Again, wish I could be more helpful.  There were so many variables along the way between installing hardware and software.  Bottom line, problem I assume was not with MC17 but with my setup.  Working beautifully now.  Making regular backups so I can restore if something goes bad again.

Thanks for your patience, and help.  Oh, by the way, all my music files are either .M4A or .flac

bob

• Administrator
Re: No longer able to control Marantz av7005 via DLNA from MC 17 [Solved]
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2012, 09:59:04 am »

Thanks for the status update! Glad to hear it works...
Pages: [1]   Go Up