INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using J River MC with Adobe Photoshop's "Bridge"  (Read 948 times)

Professor Jud

• Recent member
Using J River MC with Adobe Photoshop's "Bridge"
« on: June 14, 2012, 02:08:54 pm »

Having installed J River Media Center 17 (Beta) and sent $50 to Matt Ashland happily enough for the privilege, I have been very satisfied with its audio performance . . . and also its performance in displaying my photos.  But J River seems to have "colonized" my computer in some fashion!  Now when I try to use Adobe Bridge to open .jpg files in Adobe Photoshop CS2, the files insist on opening in JRiver Media Center instead (as if all I wanted to do with them is view them)!  I can no longer use Bridge to sort and load the files I wish to edit in Photoshop.  How did this happen?  Can I turn J River off somehow when I am working in Photoshop?

A related issue:  I use Outlook Web Access in IE8 for email.  But now with J River 17 installed, I can no longer open .jpg files attached to my emails----or better, I can't open them quickly as once I did.  I have to save the attached file to my harddisk first (then in an extra step open them in J River).  An attached .pdf file opens immediately in Adobe Reader; an attached .docx file opens immediately in MS Word.  So why won't J River open .jpg files from attachments in the same quick and celerous fashion?

(I'm working in Win XP Pro, Service Pack III, on a Dell Latitude notebook PC.)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Using J River MC with Adobe Photoshop's "Bridge"
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 02:10:47 pm »

The subject is called "File Associations".  You can tell MC not to associate with jpg files.  Set the file associations to any other player you want.
Pages: [1]   Go Up