INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Android player reviews or comparisons, re MC compatibility?  (Read 916 times)

mikewillnot2

• Recent member
Android player reviews or comparisons, re MC compatibility?
« on: August 13, 2012, 11:08:07 am »

I've tried several android music players, over the last couple of years, with mixed results.  Currently I'm using PowerAmp, which works fine by itself but syncing music, playlists, etc, is a huge PITA.  Caveat: I'm personally interested only in players & syncing for music, not multimedia.  

Ideal: in a perfect world, MC would have it's own android ap that would speak MC to the main PC library, and sync seamlessly.  Itunes does this, for those who can drink the Koolaid.  If there's such an android MC ap already, please let me know.

I'd like to know which existing android player(s) play best with MC, sync best, etc.  Additional comparison points re music quality/limitations, etc, would be useful.  I envision a big table in the sky with "feature" or compatibility comparisons.  It seems stupid that I find myself re-researching something others have undoubtedly struggled with, and it seems like it would be a very popular topic.  If it's already been addressed, again, please point me.

Short question: can someone recommend an android music player that plays best with MC?  THANKS.

makersjam

• Recent member
Re: Android player reviews or comparisons, re MC compatibility?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 11:48:28 am »

You would think it would be simple for an android device to 'talk' to and sync with MC. I've found no solution to the problem and I've done plenty of digging.

I hate to say it but I'm going back to my iPhone/iPod only because of this. My HTC One is just not cutting it. It is actually easier to accomplish this (a playlist sync with playstats) using ipod--->itunes--->MC. This is thanks to the wonderful MCiTunesSynchronizer program. With android you have to enter yet another step (iSynchr) to update iTunes then again use MCiTunesSynchronizer to update MC. This all seems like waaay too many steps.

Is there ANY device out there that a sync (directly between the device and MC) will update play stats? Where you can just drag n drop a playlist and the play stats in your library update.

Hopefully there is and I'm just not aware. Is there?

Sauzee

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Android player reviews or comparisons, re MC compatibility?
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 12:04:31 pm »

I've tried several android music players, over the last couple of years, with mixed results.  Currently I'm using PowerAmp, which works fine by itself but syncing music, playlists, etc, is a huge PITA.  Caveat: I'm personally interested only in players & syncing for music, not multimedia.  

Ideal: in a perfect world, MC would have it's own android ap that would speak MC to the main PC library, and sync seamlessly.  Itunes does this, for those who can drink the Koolaid.  If there's such an android MC ap already, please let me know.

Would be great to see MC developing this for version 18. Any chance guys?

I still use an old ipod nano for music because it works perfectly w, MC and syncs play counts and ratings.

Would be great if MC developed it's own android based solution to this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up