INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: This database will be opened in read-only mode. Any changes will be lost when th  (Read 3034 times)

rdunning

Hi All,

I just installed MC17, but I have a problem. When I open my old library (from MC15 and before), I get the message "This database will be opened in read-only mode. Any changes will be lost when the program exits." I don't get this when I open a new library I created with MC17. I read the posts on this topic in the MC16 and MC15 forums, but they didn't help (there was one post about lock.jmd, but I could not find a file by that name, whether MC17 was open or closed). I'd like to edit my library - any ideas?

--Rick

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

Welcome to the forum.

In MC15, save a backup.  In MC17, restore it.

If you've uninstalled M15, try just restoring.  MC15 made automatic backups.

rdunning

Jim, thanks. I tried both of these, but with the original result. FWIW, I got the same message when I opened the library in MC15. Also FYI, I just purchased MC18. What could I try now?

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.

Do you have a background Media Center process running (the server)?  If so, kill it, and then try your MC17 or MC18.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

rdunning

No, but I think I figured it out. I was accessing my library as a mapped network drive. When I access the library directly, the problem vanishes. Thanks!

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day

Yes, MC only allows the 'first connection' full read/write access, so any other MC connecting to the already open library gets this message.  If you need the second machine to have full r/w access, then you need to open MC from that machine first, then you can open it again from the other machine, which will not have r/w access while the first machine still has it open.
pretend this is something funny
Pages: [1]   Go Up