INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 18.0.94 -- Available Here  (Read 24924 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
JRiver Media Center 18.0.94 -- Available Here
« on: December 13, 2012, 09:16:04 am »

This is the latest version of MC 18.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

Please read this first.

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v18/latest/MediaCenter180094.exe

History: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=74442.0

18.0.94 (12/11/2012)

1. Faster: When clicking the search box, the search suggestion box appears faster.
2. Fixed: Dates way in the future (like 50,000 AD) could cause performance problems.
3. Changed: Tuned the aspect ratio handling for movies and TV shows.
4. Changed: Made thumbnail aspect ratio standardization optional (Options > Tree & View > Thumbnails > Standardize aspect ratios).
5. Changed: MC will show an information message box when it can not play a television channel due to lack of available tuner.
6. Changed: Updated to madVR v0.85.3 when using Red October HQ.
7. Fixed: Remove Tags did not work for AIFF files.
8. Changed: Merged the blank thumbnail images for video and television.  Added [MC]\Data\Default Art\NoThumbVideo2x3.png that's used for movies and TV series.

18.0.93 (12/11/2012)

1. Fixed: Maximizing and restoring the main window could cause it to get confused about its own visibility, leading to problems with in-place editing (and possibly other things).
2. Fixed: If something were to hide the main window while the Tag Action Windows is editing, it could lead to a crash.
3. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar).
4. Fixed: Searching in Options and then clicking 'OK' after making a change could lead to a crash.
5. Changed: ZoneSwitch was only engaging for files in the main library (so not when dragging and dropping from Explorer, etc.)
6. Changed: ZoneSwitch rules that don't specify zones to stop will always be evaluated, regardless of the current zone (rules that specify play and stop zones only engage when the current zone is in the play + stop zone set).
7. Changed: Updated LAV filters to .54.1
8. Changed: Updated madVR to v0.85.2 when using Red October HQ.
9. NEW: Added 'Reverse polarity' filter to Parametric Filter.
10. Fixed: Line breaking rules for text layout could put a trailing parenthesis on its own line (which didn't look right).
11. Fixed: Aspect ratio enforcement for movies and TV series thumbnails was not working nicely with the small icons (Alexicons) in a list.
12. Changed: When using madVR (i.e. Red October HQ), madVR's custom interface is used for video color control.
13. Fixed: Right-clicking on Action Window > Tag > Playlists would show two menus.
14. Fixed: Cleaned up the right-click menu for Action Window > Tag > Playlists so that it only shows items that make sense there (instead of showing all the items the regular tree shows).
15. Changed: When hardware acceleration option is on, television playback prefers DXVA over QuickSync.
16. Fixed: A few problems when ripping multiple movie discs - canceling didn't work, movie name didn't update in the action window, disc wouldn't eject after ripping.

18.0.92 (12/10/2012)

1. Fixed: Loudness was not working properly for video playback with some output formats.
2. Fixed: The automation SDK was not supporting name-based function lookups properly in IDispatch::GetIDsOfNames.
3. Fixed: OGG channel mapping for 5, 6, and 8 channel files was not correct.
4. Changed: More improvements to Arabic text rendering.
5. Changed: Updated all translation files to include the latest strings from the source code.
6. Fixed: Track Info visualizations would not always switch their image when switching tracks (may have only applied when using the Chromium engine).
7. Changed: When deleting files not included in a sync, the program will only delete files that are at the location it would have placed the file (the previous safety check tried to look at the base path, but didn't work well with complex base path rules that included expression functions).
8. Changed: TV Recordings list in Television Standard view no longer includes TV shows that are not recordings done inside MC.
9. Fixed: There could be a drawing artifact above the quick find toolbar.
10. Changed: TV series images use the same 2:3 aspect ratio enforcement scheme that movies use.

18.0.91 (12/7/2012)

1. NEW: Improved support for Arabic joining and bidi text layout in the font engine.
2. Fixed: Several issues with the COM automation system (only applies to builds after 78).
3. Faster: Drawing in the image editor uses bilinear stretching instead of supersampling to improve performance.
4. Faster: Improved the image editor rendering pipeline when building previews of tool effects.
5. Faster: The image editor 'Crop' tool preview drawing uses a custom SSE routine to darken portions of the image (must faster than a more general purpose method it was using previously).
6. Changed: TV guide entries more than 5 days in advance show the month abbreviated instead of the full name.
7. Changed: Made the Theater View keyboard narrower so that on a 1080p display using default sizing, there's about the same number of rows and columns on the keyboard (makes typing with arrows faster).
8. Changed: Moved the 'Clear' function for Theater View keyboard typing to a key after 'Backspace' instead of putting 'Clear Search' (or similar) on the top roller.
9. NEW: Theater View search supports texting-style typing using the number pad on a remote (1 is backspace, 0 is space, other numbers are letters).
10. NEW: 'Loudness' that applies (roughly) the ISO 226:2003 loudness correction curve as you turn down the volume to provide a more natural volume (requires using Internal Volume, reference level of Internal Volume defines the baseline, no correction is applied at volumes above baseline).

18.0.90 (12/5/2012)

1. NEW: Multiple movie discs (Blu-ray, DVD) can be ripped at once.
2. Fixed: Customizing some burn settings like the between tracks mode would not work properly.
3. Changed: Parametric Equalizer only exposes channels above the standard 8 if DSP Studio > Output Format > Channels is configured to use more (also allows accessing up to 32 channels with Parametric Equalizer when using that many channels).
4. Fixed: When making a change in a Parametric Equalizer filter and then immediately switching to a different filter or DSP, the changes could be lost.
5. Changed: With the low and high shelf filters in Parametric Equalizer, the bandwidth setting alters the slope (previously it was ignored).

18.0.89 (12/5/2012)

1. Fixed: A few command line issues.

18.0.88 (12/4/2012)

1. NEW: ZoneSwitch feature that can route playback to zones based on rules (Menu > Player > Zones > ZoneSwitch...).
2. Fixed: Shell extensions were not working due to command line changes in build 85.
3. Fixed: The Auto-Import dialog could crash in some cases.
4. Changed: When using the automatic EPG download option, genre will be filled.
5. Fixed: Facebook upload was not working properly.

audioriver

Re: JRiver Media Center 18.0.94 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 09:26:44 am »

Thanks for the fixes and update. The Display Text will still not scroll.
Windows 10 Pro x64

gappie

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 10:09:53 am »

thanks for the update. i love the loudness, and zone switch works with my images, but:

when i send a list with a mix of home videos and images to my fotoo zone, the list always breaks. depending on what i start with, its only sending images or videoos, not both.

and

when i play dokter or car radio and the zoneswitch is on. the list is filled with only one song. with zoneswitch off it works. the rule for the zone is [Media Type]=[Audio] [Studio]=[nee] when i take the [Studio]=[nee] away, it also works as it should. studio is a calculated field that looks like
Code: [Select]
If(isequal([Volume Name],D:,1),ja,if(isequal([Volume Name],M:,1),ja,nee))so nothing special, and it works for zoneswitching. the fields played by radio are also within this rule.

:)
gab

winniew

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2012, 12:41:05 pm »

18.0.91 (12/7/2012)
2. Fixed: Several issues with the COM automation system (only applies to builds after 78).
My issue reported here http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=76211.msg516374#msg516374 is solved, thank you!

J-a-k-e

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2012, 01:25:56 pm »

Here's some more details following on from the issue I posted in the previous .90 update thread. As a result of the changes in processing from 18.0.90 When a low shelf filter is applied and audio is being processed within the effective filter frequency range popping static is also heard and gets worse if you increase the filter gain. Increasing audio buffer size helps but does not eliminate this issue, this problem doesn't effect high shelf filters.

FastKayak

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2012, 02:00:36 pm »

Mouse wheel scrolling of rollerbar isn't working in Theater View.

FastKayak / Larry

Domi

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2012, 02:01:53 pm »

Many thanks for this update, It's now possible to automatically switch to a specific zone when I start to play DVD or Blu-ray disc.

Concerning "Html With Automation" plugin, it doesn't work properly. The progression bar with remaining time is working but other items such as Count, Cover, Title, Time, track... are still not displayed (object error).

GuidoW

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2012, 03:26:12 pm »

Multi channel OGG channel mapping fixed - Thanks!

struct

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2012, 05:04:06 pm »

was using .92 last night.  Was trying to edit the Find and Replace fields in the Rename, Move & Copy dialog and it would not let me use the backspace key?

Craig

Peter_RN

• World Citizen
  • Old Guys Rule... the older I get the better I was.
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2012, 06:19:09 am »

The top window adjacent Play, Stop buttons etc still not scrolling to show track details - needed on most classical tracks and many others I'm sure.

Clicking on the Headings 'Playlist' etc diplays the message that web browser engine failed to load - download latest version of MC. - This seemed to be fixed in the last build but is back again now. Tried on 2 machines.

Thanks
Peter

gtgray

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2012, 10:38:48 am »

Can now use hardware acceleration again with ROHQ on this release, in fact it is necessary or frames skip. Lots of problems with freezing on channel changes with up down button on WMC Remote. Channel changes are even more iffy in theater view. Channel changes are fine from the Guide or Standard View. Can also change channels by entering a channel number most times. If the channels are far apart a progress dialog pops up, then you get a MadVR exception box from which the app may or may not recover.

locust

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2012, 06:37:05 pm »

This version has wiped my custom remote commands, is there anyway to back them via a config file or something?

thanks

mdav

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2012, 04:55:30 am »

Changing cover arts on videos don't work when running Library Server as a client. The thumbnails don't get updated even if I point to the correct cover art file. I have to run the Library Server in "direct" mode in order to change the cover art.

mdav

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2012, 07:21:44 am »

Some more things about Library Server. No thumbnails for cover arts show up for .mov files when running Library Server as a client. Rebuild thumbnail doesn't change anything. Thumbnails for .mov are started to be built when running Library Server in "direct" mode. Any ideas?

Beamer

• Galactic Citizen
  • True wisdom is in knowing you know nothing
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2012, 07:58:49 am »

Just installed MC18 over a perfectly working MC17 in hope that all the creases have been ironed out of MC18.

Alas I am unable to get the command line MC18.exe /Mode Theater to work.  I have also tested via a dos command line prompt.  MC18 starts but not in Theater mode :(

I have resorted to a small macro as a work around but it would be nice to have a fix.
The Future is Remote!

)p(

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2012, 08:17:15 am »

Some more things about Library Server. No thumbnails for cover arts show up for .mov files when running Library Server as a client. Rebuild thumbnail doesn't change anything. Thumbnails for .mov are started to be built when running Library Server in "direct" mode. Any ideas?

Cover art for tv shows searies also do not load properly on a client connected to a library server with .94

gappie

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2012, 09:22:12 am »

Alas I am unable to get the command line MC18.exe /Mode Theater to work.  I have also tested via a dos command line prompt.  MC18 starts but not in Theater mode :(

indeed. does not work for me either. instead you could use MC18.exe /MCC 22001,1 that does the same and does work here.

gab

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2012, 11:29:55 am »

1- When converting files (in this case FLAC to mp3) MC will sometimes leave the "CANCEL" button in the "Conversion Progress" window after the process is actually Complete, rather than displaying the COMPLETE/CLOSE dialog.

This leads one to wonder about the success of the conversion and if MC is 'hung' on a file.

2- Drag an album into Playing Now, MC will not begin playback of an audio track until I click the PLAY button a second time.
. . . the game is rigged

gtgray

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2012, 05:12:02 pm »

Can now use hardware acceleration again with ROHQ on this release, in fact it is necessary or frames skip. Lots of problems with freezing on channel changes with up down button on WMC Remote. Channel changes are even more iffy in theater view. Channel changes are fine from the Guide or Standard View. Can also change channels by entering a channel number most times. If the channels are far apart a progress dialog pops up, then you get a MadVR exception box from which the app may or may not recover.

After further working with this I determined it still can not work properlywith hardware accelleration. MadVR gives exceptions errors on some channel changes and fast sports motions looks terrible. I installed a more power GPU going from a GT454 to a GT450 which was better but still does cause MadVR on channel changes intermittently. I once again turned of hardware acceleration.

Beamer

• Galactic Citizen
  • True wisdom is in knowing you know nothing
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2012, 06:23:53 am »

indeed. does not work for me either. instead you could use MC18.exe /MCC 22001,1 that does the same and does work here.

gab

Thanks for the confirmation. Unfortunately MC18.exe /MCC 22001,1 requires that the program is already open, hence I needed a small macro to replace the command line starter.
The Future is Remote!

DwestSeattle

• Recent member
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2012, 11:31:15 am »

2 things that might be bugs:

1) Blu-Ray ripping.  In v.17, AnyDVD would do its thing, and then MC could analyze the disk and rip it.  Yesterday on v 18.0.94, When I hit "Rip Disc" after AnyDVD did its thing I got an error, something like "No tracks available to Rip"  However, I was able to use AnyDVD to copy to the Hard Drive.  Not sure if this is a bug or a setting wrong somewhere.

2) I have an MC Remote with the two IR blasters connected to the IR receiver, and the IR receiver is connected to the computer via USB.  I have the volume up/down on the remote set to control the amplifier via the IR blaster.  For some reason in v.18, when I hit the volume up/down on the remote, it simultaneously adjusts the amp volume via the IR blaster, and the MC application volume at the same time.  In v.17 it left the MC application volume alone and only effected the amp volume.  Is there any way to decouple this in settings, or is this a bug?

Leebob

• Recent member
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2012, 11:35:24 am »

Just updated last night and now sound recorder does not work or is it just me?

psam

• World Citizen
Album on single .flac file + cuesheet, problems on MC clients
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2012, 01:50:38 pm »

Well, I 've posted repeatedly this problem but it still causes trouble in this latest build as well.

Here goes once more:

A music album is on a single .flac file on the PC. supported by a cuesheet .cue file.

I have one issue and one problem.

The issue is that when the directory containing the album is auto imported, the library imports not only the individual tracks but the whole album as a single track as well.

So I am getting the first track , say four minutes long, as defined in the .cue file, then another track of 38 minutes with the name of the album, then the rest of the tracks.

I don't want to turn AutoImport off because this is the only way the library is synced with my music directory. Is there a way to prevent these containing files from being imported, while the tracks are imported normally?

The next problem is very annoying and it has not been fixed even though I have reported it as soon as version 18 came out.

When I play these files on a client (one PC running Win7 and one laptop running Win XP), and I have checked Media Network>Client Options>Audio Conversion>Conversion>Always Convert Audio, the first track plays fine but from then on , Media Center plays each track for a couple seconds and then it skips to the next track, so in less than a minute the Album is over.

When I try to play a track (except Track 1) directly I have the same problem.

Please note that I had no such problem with version 17. So I don't think it a problem on my hardware.
How can I help fixing this?

For me it is a serious problem. The Media Center server is connected to my stereo, but usually I don't use a keyboard on it, I use the remote control.

Library management (playlists, ratings, taging etc.) takes place from my PC connected as a client. This PC is in a different place of the house and the available bandwidth is not always enough to play 24/192 flac files. So I need the Audio conversion to 320kb/s MP3.

Thank you,
Panagiotis

dees_74

• World Citizen
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2012, 06:33:38 pm »

I'm still having crash issues.  The music plays fine for a while and then stops.  I have noticed it seems to happen more frequently when in Display and Theater view.  Currently testing in Standard mode.  Anybody still fighting this, or is it just me?
I don't need a thousand reasons
When someone starts to cry.
When someone says, "My heart needs lifting,
Don't ask, "How come?"
Ask, "How high?"

maid

« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2012, 12:50:58 am »

Updated but had to roll back as movie was freezing up. works fine with previous update.
Intel Core i5-4590 CPU,  Haswell Gen2,  LGA1150, 3.3GHz 6 DDR3/ 2x PCIE3.0 x16 16gb Ram Windows 10 64 bit Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX Motherboard Nvidia GForce gtx1080 Receiver Onkyo TX-NR925 TV LG LF6300 55" smart TV

)p(

« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2012, 05:25:51 am »

I'm still having crash issues.  The music plays fine for a while and then stops.  I have noticed it seems to happen more frequently when in Display and Theater view.  Currently testing in Standard mode.  Anybody still fighting this, or is it just me?

On our second atom ion based htpc Jrmc freezes a lot while playing music in theater view. In most cases when it progresses to the next song or you navigate to or from now playing. Jrmc has always had stability issues for me especially while navigating theater view on that PC. All our other installs of jrmc are fine.

Jamesey

• Recent member
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2012, 07:54:23 am »

Here's some more details following on from the issue I posted in the previous .90 update thread. As a result of the changes in processing from 18.0.90 When a low shelf filter is applied and audio is being processed within the effective filter frequency range popping static is also heard and gets worse if you increase the filter gain. Increasing audio buffer size helps but does not eliminate this issue, this problem doesn't effect high shelf filters.

I also have this issue with the low-shelf filter, using 18.0.94. I hope JRiver treats this as a major issue, because the biggest worry to audiophiles like myself is whether the software is subtly fudging with the music, so this is very much the worst case scenario!

kredmore

• Recent member
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2012, 09:41:38 am »

So, this problem is in MC18, but not in MC17.  I have posted before, so would like to know if this will be addressed or not.  If not, I don't have a need for the paid MC18.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=75841.msg516104#msg516104

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2012, 09:49:32 am »

So, this problem is in MC18, but not in MC17.  I have posted before, so would like to know if this will be addressed or not.  If not, I don't have a need for the paid MC18.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=75841.msg516104#msg516104

I've started a thread where we can discuss:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=76536.0
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

polemides

• Recent member
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2012, 12:54:57 pm »

After further working with this I determined it still can not work properlywith hardware accelleration. MadVR gives exceptions errors on some channel changes and fast sports motions looks terrible. I installed a more power GPU going from a GT454 to a GT450 which was better but still does cause MadVR on channel changes intermittently. I once again turned of hardware acceleration.

Same issue as gtgray. I'm getting intermittent MadVR crashes (only during TV) from channel changes and occassionally while just watching TV. Will log the next failure and then disable ROHQ for now...

ohyeah

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2012, 03:26:44 pm »

When a disc in the player, the display is unstable
Pages: [1]   Go Up