INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 18.0.112 -- Available Here  (Read 12792 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 18.0.112 -- Available Here
« on: January 11, 2013, 01:34:50 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 18.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

Please read this first.

Download: http://files.jriver.com/mediacenter/channels/v18/latest/MediaCenter180112.exe

History: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=74442.0

18.0.112 (1/11/2013)

1. Fixed: Calibration files that intentionally played sound out only one channel could trigger the pseudo-surround detection algorithm and cause unexpected channel mixing.
2. Fixed: An audio file that could not be parsed could cause a crash during import with build 18.0.111.
3. Changed: Updated Chinese language file (thanks kelijun).
4. Changed: Updated LAV filters to .55.1

18.0.111 (1/10/2013)

1. Fixed: Reference counting error on server serving client live television channels.
2. Changed: Updated Chinese language file (thanks kelijun).
3. NEW: Audio Calibration tool that can play user configurable test signals useful for calibration and testing (Tools > Advanced Tools > Audio Calibration).
4. Changed: Moved the advanced tool 'Create Test Clips...' into 'Audio Calibration...' (use the 'Create Files' on the bottom left).
5. Fixed: 'Update Library (from tags)' was not working with data files.
6. Fixed: Certain changes made with the 'Organize Favorites...' tool could be lost when restarting the program.
7. NEW: Added basic support for FLAC files with embedded CUE files.

18.0.110 (1/9/2013)

1. Changed: When deciding the order of "importance" of various Blu-ray playlists of similar (but different) durations for a movie title, MC now picks based on number of audio streams (if they differ) rather than duration.
2. Changed: If a NaN (not a number) or infinity value enters the audio engine, it will trigger protect mode (protect mode is a digital fuse system added to v16 that switches to silence if an invalid or dangerous signal is played).
3. Fixed: The pink noise creation in build 109 could output incorrect values for the first few samples.
4. Fixed: When deleting a file that had been zoomed automatically in Theater View, the program could go back two levels instead of one afterwards.
5. Changed: The Theater View file info panel no longer hides automatically if the focus shifts to the top roller (because that causes unexpected backs when using a mouse).
6. NEW: The low-pass fiter used for DSD-to-PCM conversion can be configured in Options > Audio > Advanced > Configure input plug-in... > DSD Plugin...
7. Changed: Updated LAV filters to .55

18.0.109 (1/8/2013)

1. Fixed: When playing a long track, volume protection could incorrectly engage and set the volume to 20% when switching to the next track.
2. Fixed: With resampling enabled, the setting to play sequential album tracks gapless would not work properly if the between track mode was gapped.
3. Changed: Switched pink noise generation to use the high quality Larry Trammell method (thanks to Larry).
4. Changed: Create Test Clips (in Tools > Advanced Tools) creates narrow band pink noise that's useful for volume calibration.
5. Changed: Updated the French language translation (thanks rlebrette).
6. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar).
7. NEW: DSP Studio > Analyzer reports the overall and per channel RMS volume.
8. Changed: Added new formats to the video conversion dialog.
9. Changed: Removed non-streamable conversion formats from DLNA video conversion.
10. Changed: Tweaked WMV conversion.
11. Fixed: Recording a TV channel with channel name containing some special characters might cause unexpected result.

18.0.108 (1/7/2013)

1. Fixed: Mouse wheel handling was not working properly in build 107.
2. Changed: Rollers in Theater View support basic HTML text formatting tokens, like several other areas of the program.
3. Fixed: When changing a disc number, the program would not refresh the album analyzer fields like 'Complete Album'.
4. Fixed: When an ASIO driver issued a hardware reset, the program could repeat the last track instead of advancing when using a gap for the between tracks mode.
5. NEW: Added playback commands to skip the the previous and next album or artist (Main Menu > Player > Skip To).
6. Changed: Added support to the launcher (MC18.exe) for commands: /Command PreviousAlbum; /Command NextAlbum; /Command PreviousArtist; /Command NextArtist.
7. Fixed: Some command line commands that used the form MC18.exe /Command Param1 Param2 would not honor Param2 properly.
8. Changed: The pink noise generated by Tools > Advanced Tools > Create Test Clips is at -20dB, a level commonly used for reference volume calibration.
9. NEW: Added 30/60 fps option in Video > Display Settings, to separate 30/60 fps video from NTSC videos.

18.0.107 (1/4/2013)

1. Fixed: Loudness was not accounting for reference volume levels lower than 100% properly.
2. Change: Updated Chinese language file (thanks kelijun).
3. Fixed: The DLNA controller option Disable Transport Events wasn't working.
4. Changed: Updated German language file (thanks Bytestar).
5. Fixed: FLAC audio had blank or wrong "Compression" field.
6. Fixed: Returning to Theater View when zoomed to a file could cause there to be no secondary roller.
7. NEW: Allow the title for a DLNA item to be modified by an expression.

18.0.106 (1/3/2012)

1. Changed: Red October does not use the decoding built into madVR (was causing problems with DVD playback).
2. Changed: To use video decoding built into madVR, you can use Custom video mode and add a rule to use a 'Video renderer (with integrated decoding)'.
3. Fixed: Playback of CUE files over Library Server client when conversion was enabled did not work nicely.
4. Changed: The 'Bitdepth simulator' in parametric equalizer exposes optional dithering.
5. NEW: Added the output bitdepth '24-bit (with dithering)' to DSP Studio > Output Format.
6. NEW: Dithering of bitdepth conversion is optional with ASIO in Options > Audio Output mode settings. (dithering has no effect / is bit-perfect until you make signal changes like volume or other DSP).
7. Changed: Ratings field is now imported from (and written to) XMP tags in JPEG files.

18.0.105 (1/2/2012)

1. Changed: Tuned the DSD-to-PCM low-pass to more aggressively remove high frequency DSD noise since remaining noise can cause plainly audible distortion with some DACs.
2. Fixed: Conversion from 24-bit ALAC audio created 16-bit files.
3. Fixed: Doing a hold-down of the previous / next buttons could cause problems if the mouse moved away from the button before mouse up.
4. Changed: While a button is held down with the left button, the mouse is captured to only that button (previously the button would release if the mouse left).
5. Fixed: The 'Open File' dialog was not working properly with filenames that contained semi-colons.
6. Fixed: Car Radio would act like a button had been held down, even if it had only been clicked.
7. Changed: Made the 'Car Radio' feature optional in Options > General > Features.
8. Changed: When going into a Theater View library item that only contains a single file, the file will be 'zoomed' automatically.

18.0.104 (12/31/2012)

1. Fixed: WAV files created by other programs (like WMP and others) containing tags in the RIFF header could be imported with garbled tag values.
2. Fixed: Holding down the previous and next player buttons was not doing a fast forward / rewind.
3. Changed: Updated Chinese Language file (thanks kelijun).
4. Fixed: YouTube downloads were not working for some videos.
5. Changed: When changing the volume quickly with Loudness enabled, the sound is smoother (previously there could be a subtle ticking sound).
6. Fixed: When rip/encode simultaneous was enabled in advanced rip options, MC would not always allow multiple audio CD's to be ripped concurrently.
7. Fixed: Secure rip log files were not being written with the correct Windows style end of line characters (\r\n).
8. Fixed: wmv encoding. Broken by changes in 18.0.95
9. Fixed: The 'Add New Field' button would unnecessarily disable on the field management dialog when no field was selected.
10. Fixed: When using large fonts, the text in the player area could be the wrong size when using a skin that doesn't support playerbar resizing.
11. Fixed: The IE web browser engine could crash when starting.
12. Changed: When using MCC_PLAY_TV (30002), an error message is shown when the channel specified is not found (previously it would fail silently).
13. Changed: Renamed the new WASAPI - Event Style option from "Maximize hardware volume during playback" to "Maximize device volume during playback" to better match Windows naming.
14. Changed: Removed the 'Mute on start' WASAPI - Event Style option (it was added to see if it helped with DSD/PCM transitions, and it did not).
15. Changed: The WASAPI - Event Style option "Maximize device volume during playback" also clears / restores the mute state if the device is muted.
16. Fixed: Deleting a zone could leave stale 'Send To' menu items in the MRU list.
17. Fixed: When switching to Theater View with a toolbar button, the tooltip could remain visible.
18. Fixed: The math parser did not nicely handle when a function was used with less parameters than it required (applies to Math(...) in expression engine, etc.)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

DoubtingThomas

Re: Media Center 18.0.112 -- Available Here
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 02:15:16 pm »

6. Changed: Added support to the launcher (MC18.exe) for commands: /Command PreviousAlbum; /Command NextAlbum; /Command PreviousArtist; /Command NextArtist.

Thanks Matt.  Working Perfectly.

Transilium

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 02:30:36 pm »

Thanks for the update.Now work correctly import library. :D

contium

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 04:43:30 pm »

7. NEW: Added basic support for FLAC files with embedded CUE files.

Any details on this?

Mr. Odd

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 05:12:00 pm »

With 106, I could browse my library via DLNA directly on my Samsung E8000 TV. With 112, I get a "No files found" error on the TV. However, I can play individual tracks on the TV using Gizmo from my Android tablet. ??

kstuart

• Upgraded to MC22 Master using preorder discount
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 05:13:44 pm »

Any details on this?
Officially:
Convenient CD archiving: FLAC has a "cue sheet" metadata block for storing a CD table of contents and all track and index points. For instance, you can rip a CD to a single file, then import the CD's extracted cue sheet while encoding to yield a single file representation of the entire CD. If your original CD is damaged, the cue sheet can be exported later in order to burn an exact copy.
and
CUESHEET: This block is for storing various information that can be used in a cue sheet. It supports track and index points, compatible with Red Book CD digital audio discs, as well as other CD-DA metadata such as media catalog number and track ISRCs. The CUESHEET block is especially useful for backing up CD-DA discs, but it can be used as a general purpose cueing mechanism for playback.
more at:
http://flac.sourceforge.net/format.html#def_CUESHEET

Arbiter

• World Citizen
  • In love with music.
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2013, 05:16:09 pm »

Thanks for the update. The scrolling issue i was experiencing, has been fixed with this update. Thanks!

mykillk

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2013, 09:09:45 pm »

9. NEW: Added 30/60 fps option in Video > Display Settings, to separate 30/60 fps video from NTSC videos.

Thanks Matt, I really appreciate the quick turnaround. This definitely saves me the hassle of having to turn off the display change feature before watching 30 fps videos.

THANH

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2013, 01:42:20 am »

Thanks Matt. Why the old version (18.0.68) sounds better than the newer version !!!!!!!
18.0.68 is the best version. sounds like expensive cd player. (My sound card is carddeluxe USA)

Hilton

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2013, 04:43:25 am »

I posted a bug report in another thread for missing centre channel with DTS 5.1 WAV files and I thought the newest version fixed it but alas it has only rectified the problem on my main PC.  I notice input source shows as 44.1kHz 32bit 6ch on the working machine but only 44.1kHz 32bit 1ch with the machine that doesnt output the centre channel.  

How do I get the machine to reset like the working machine so input source is detected properly? Ive tried uninstalling all add-on filters and MC, manually scanning the registry for left over settings and installing a clean MC18 with no luck. Im pulling my hair out trying to figure this out! :(

I noticed the filter graphs are slightly different between the PCs with the same versions of MC installed.
Any reason they would be different?

Filter for pc with missing centre channel

Filter Graph Info (Graph for type: wav):

Filter 'JRiver Audio Renderer'
        CLSID: {EC1F74A8-7E55-4814-9F9F-D417489075CA}
        Host:
        Input Pin 'In'
            Connected to pin 'Output' of filter 'LAV Audio Decoder (auto-configured)'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_PCM, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx

Filter 'LAV Audio Decoder (auto-configured)'
        CLSID: {E8E73B6B-4CB3-44A4-BE99-4F7BCB96E491}
        Host: C:\Users\Hiltonk\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 18\Plugins\lav\LAVAudio.ax
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Audio' of filter 'LAV Splitter (auto-configured)'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {00002001-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx
        Output Pin 'Output'
            Connected to pin 'In' of filter 'JRiver Audio Renderer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_PCM, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx

Filter 'LAV Splitter (auto-configured)'
        CLSID: {B98D13E7-55DB-4385-A33D-09FD1BA26338}
        Host: C:\Users\Hiltonk\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 18\Plugins\lav\LAVSplitter.ax
        Output Pin 'Audio'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'LAV Audio Decoder (auto-configured)'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type Unknown GUID Name: {00002001-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx

----------------------

Filter for pc with working centre channel

Filter Graph Info (Graph for type: wav):

Filter 'JRiver Audio Renderer'
        CLSID: {EC1F74A8-7E55-4814-9F9F-D417489075CA}
        Host:
        Input Pin 'In'
            Connected to pin 'Output' of filter 'LAV Audio Decoder (auto-configured)'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_IEEE_FLOAT, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx

Filter 'LAV Audio Decoder (auto-configured)'
        CLSID: {E8E73B6B-4CB3-44A4-BE99-4F7BCB96E491}
        Host: C:\Users\Hilton\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 18\Plugins\lav\LAVAudio.ax
        Input Pin 'Input'
            Connected to pin 'Audio' of filter 'LAV Splitter (auto-configured)'
        Output Pin 'Output'
            Connected to pin 'In' of filter 'JRiver Audio Renderer'
            Major type MEDIATYPE_Audio  Sub type MEDIASUBTYPE_IEEE_FLOAT, Format type FORMAT_WaveFormatEx

Filter 'LAV Splitter (auto-configured)'
        CLSID: {B98D13E7-55DB-4385-A33D-09FD1BA26338}
        Host: C:\Users\Hilton\AppData\Roaming\J River\Media Center 18\Plugins\lav\LAVSplitter.ax
        Output Pin 'Audio'
            Connected to pin 'Input' of filter 'LAV Audio Decoder (auto-configured)'

gappie

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2013, 05:33:09 am »

1. Fixed: Mouse wheel handling was not working properly in build 107
im having an issue with the mouse wheel. but it was also in 106. when i have a view with thumbnails, the slider above, which sets the size of the thumbs does nearly not react on wheeling up (making the thumbs bigger) when my mouse is over it. down goes well, just as up and down on other sliders like volume.

:)
gab

phusis

• World Citizen
  • Multum in parvo
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2013, 08:43:15 am »

Have experienced a series of freezes/crashes with build .112 during music playback when skipping to different artist/track. Have reverted to build .106, but will go back to .112 later tomorrow and see whether the same phenomenon can be provoked.

Sebastien30200

• Recent member
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2013, 11:30:23 am »

When changing a tv channel or when a music track is finished and a new track begins a small grey windows appears with this message " pause double click to stop".

It disappears after 10 or 15 seconds or if you move the mouse.

Jong

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2013, 12:26:21 pm »

Matt, when you have the time it would be great if you could take another look at this thread since nevcairiel has joined in. http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=77141.0

At the very least I think we need a workaround for this - eg. The FFW/REW buttons function differently for DVD in ROHQ, but hopefully there is a solution that will let them work as intended.  :)

liebls

• Recent member
  • Simon
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2013, 01:32:12 pm »

I posted on 18.0.106 regarding images not displaying full screen (just black screen) although was OK on MC15 and images work fine in all other modes apart from full screen.

Matt suggested video drivers which I have tried and also DirectX 3D test OK and I can see spinning cubes OK using dxdiag.

I have since tried on 3 other different spec hardware (although similar age) and get the same problem also now on 18.0.112. I have also tried on a new W7 machine and unsurprisingly that was fine. I therefore suspect the common factor is XP and the DirectX 3D version.

Can anyone confirm or deny whether images display full screen on any hardware using XP?

I would be really grateful for a fix to this especially if it is as fundamental as no image full screen display on any XP machine.

Thanks Simon

gappie

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2013, 02:25:48 pm »

Can anyone confirm or deny whether images display full screen on any hardware using XP?

I would be really grateful for a fix to this especially if it is as fundamental as no image full screen display on any XP machine.

Thanks Simon

im using xp sp3 and images play fine here :)

may i suggest to start a thread about it, if you havent yet.. some people can have some thoughts, and maybe there is a solution, and lays the problem elsewhere.

liebls

• Recent member
  • Simon
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2013, 01:29:47 pm »

I posted on 18.0.106 regarding images not displaying full screen (just black screen) although was OK on MC15 and images work fine in all other modes apart from full screen.

Matt suggested video drivers which I have tried and also DirectX 3D test OK and I can see spinning cubes OK using dxdiag.

I have since tried on 3 other different spec hardware (although similar age) and get the same problem also now on 18.0.112. I have also tried on a new W7 machine and unsurprisingly that was fine. I therefore suspect the common factor is XP and the DirectX 3D version.

Thanks Simon

We now know from Gappie that it can work on XP SP3.

I have XP SP2 and XP SP3 with 4 different video cards/drivers and all have the same problem. Only my test with W7 worked. Any ideas for further diagnosis?

Thanks Simon

rjm

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2013, 12:06:24 pm »

Have collection of 76 flv videos. MC reports all have same compression and resolution specs. MC plays all ok.

But MC will not create thumbnails for 12 of them. Is this a bug? Any suggestions?

kredmore

• Recent member
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2013, 02:37:50 pm »

gappie

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2013, 04:00:26 pm »

We now know from Gappie that it can work on XP SP3.

I have XP SP2 and XP SP3 with 4 different video cards/drivers and all have the same problem. Only my test with W7 worked. Any ideas for further diagnosis?

Thanks Simon
as i said in the previous reaction. start a new thread about it.. its not common, it works here on my pc and laptop, both xp, and this thread will be closed when a new version is there.. in the new thread maybe tell if there is something special about the images, the format, about the hardware, and maybe an example file.. things like that. :)

Hilton

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2013, 07:24:03 pm »

After spending way too much time trying to fix my filter graphs for DTS wav files I did a clean OS build on the HTPC and the DTS wav files are now properly decoded as 24bit 6ch instead of 24bit 1Ch.

Matt love the new calibration tones but it would be great if you could add 100hz to 200hz in 10hz steps too!
Great job mate, made it much quicker to recalibrated my system.  Noticed my poor old ears at age 44 are 10db down at 18khz now. :( 15k is about my hearing limit now, so much for 96khz sampling! LOL

Magoo

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2013, 06:26:17 pm »

im having an issue with the mouse wheel. but it was also in 106. when i have a view with thumbnails, the slider above, which sets the size of the thumbs does nearly not react on wheeling up (making the thumbs bigger) when my mouse is over it. down goes well, just as up and down on other sliders like volume.

gab

Same Here!

kurushi

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2013, 06:29:44 pm »

Idem here.(mousewheel)
And player icon in the tree is back to default icon but others icons are correct(cd artistes etc.) png are in the custom art and worked good before.

lucian.jp

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2013, 10:19:42 am »

[Bug]

Tab redraw doesn't execute when coming from a tab that have a interface plugin loaded.

[Step to reproduce]
1. Open the playing now in a tab
2. Open a new tab
3. Load TIVO server plugin in that tab
4. Open up the first tab
5. Ewwwww.......

[Note]
Every tab won't work after that till you clode the TIVO server tab.
Breaks with every interface plugin

Jong

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2013, 10:35:31 am »

Jong

« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2013, 10:42:31 am »

gab
This might be further evidence of this bug (not personally verified): http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=77438.0

Jong

« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2013, 10:46:30 am »

This I consider a quite serious bug:

Matt, when you have the time it would be great if you could take another look at this thread since nevcairiel has joined in. http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=77141.0

At the very least I think we need a workaround for this - eg. The FFW/REW buttons function differently for DVD in ROHQ, but hopefully there is a solution that will let them work as intended.  :)

Currently not possible to FFW or REW a DVD in ROHQ mode, although possibly fixed by an as yet unreleased (and untested by me) LAV build.

Sesam

• World Citizen
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2013, 07:18:42 pm »

Since a few versions back, dragging and dropping a file on the seekbar/control button area to "Play, Add to Playing Now, Import" doesn't work unless the Media Center window is in the foreground.

So in other words, opening a folder with a file, then dragging and dropping it on the MC windows seekbar does nothing. But if I first click on the MC window, and then drag the file to it, MC recognizes it and asks if you want to "Play, Add to Playing Now, Import" .

dean70

Replay gain issue
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2013, 01:24:24 am »

I ran replay gain over Pink Floyd DSOM 5.1ch flac & it has set replay gain to +13db for the first track. The remainder are only 1-4db. There is a large discrepancy between tracks 1 & 2. How does it come to such a large difference between tracks?

dean70

« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2013, 06:14:52 am »

Experiencing crashes when starting play of a movie from theater view after changing view schemes (either to/from standard mode or switching to recently imported). If playing from the default view it is fine.

rec head

« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2013, 07:10:49 am »

Frequent crashes when playing video in theater view and switching. Often requires a hardware rest. Similar problems when I was on 18.106

HiFiTubes

« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2013, 11:41:46 am »

1. Importing sub-folders not working properly. Pulls in audio and image files but not my videos for sub-folders of the chosen folder in Auto-Import, which contains #. E.g. #Videos. Manually importing from Windows Explorer pulls in the files.

2. There is a problem with MKV playback with hardware acceleration enabled. I did not have this problem until updating over last few builds, and do not have the problem in VLC. Video is all choppy, not judder, but just dropping frames and although audio stays in sync.

Jong

« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2013, 04:31:08 am »

Some DVD Menus broken (inc. in subsequent betas) using ROHQ. Eg. On Young Adult (R2) there is a Paramount menu, after the initial Paramount logo vid, where you need to chose between English and Dutch. Instead of the menu a blank screen is shown until the left or right arrow key is pressed then, together with the selection changing from, presumably, English to Dutch the menu appears. It can then be used normally. Same with Ted (R2), but this time the menu is vertical and does not appear until the up/down arrow is pressed.

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2013, 01:05:20 pm »

Hello!  Not been here for a while but just back to post a little bug I've just come across :)

You can't sort by a field which contains a hyphen, either in a smartlist or a search.  Putting it into a smartlist sort, it accepts it, but it disappears when you come out and go in again.  Put it in a search and it just doesn't do anything.  Clicking on a column header works as expected however.

(I'm still using MC15 - I've checked and it's still there in 17, but I haven't got 18 to check it on so apologies if it has already been fixed).

Cheers,
Ben

pak529

« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2013, 01:15:43 pm »

I just upgraded from MC 17 to MC 18 for my Win 8 system.  I noticed that my recent upload view in theater view is not functioning correctly.  It is not showing in the correct order and showing a random order.  Recent Uploads should show in the correct order from last upload to the server.  This is functioning fine in my other system running MC 17 on Win 7.  Please let me know if there is any update to this. 

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2013, 01:42:28 pm »

You can't sort by a field which contains a hyphen, either in a smartlist or a search.  Putting it into a smartlist sort, it accepts it, but it disappears when you come out and go in again.  Put it in a search and it just doesn't do anything.  Clicking on a column header works as expected however.

I'm interested in this.  Can you clarify what you mean by "field that contains a hyphen", and give an example or two?
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2013, 02:02:06 pm »

Try adding the standard calculated field [Artist - Album (Year)] to a smartlist sort.  You can't!  (presuming this is not just a problem with my nearly 7 year old laptop)

I first noticed it when trying to write a script for someone with a custom field called [Original Year - Track].  I'd just created a standard text field of this name to test and chucked in a few random values.

MrC

• Your life is short. Give me your money.
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2013, 02:06:17 pm »

Try adding the standard calculated field [Artist - Album (Year)] to a smartlist sort.  You can't!  (presuming this is not just a problem with my nearly 7 year old laptop)

I first noticed it when trying to write a script for someone with a custom field called [Original Year - Track].  I'd just created a standard text field of this name to test and chucked in a few random values.

Got it.  Completely bollixed.  You can add it, but then after doing anything else, it gets changed into something else.  Thanks.
The opinions I express represent my own folly.

HiFiTubes

« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2013, 04:05:05 pm »

1. Import via Windows Explorer does not mesh well with the settings in MC for auto-import. Setting "Yes: fix broken links" is not followed.

It's easier to import a modded folder or new folder from Windows Explorer on the fly, but you end up with entries not removed from the MC database. I've got the exact same files side by side, same disk location...but one file isn't found.

Is there a way to mesh the two Imports styles together?

2. Runing a full Auto-Import on my three folder: Audio, Video, and Photography ends up with all my files being updated. That's all 400K, when maybe 5% of files have had changes to location etc. done outside of MC. Then, most of my thumbnails need to be rebuilt. Something is not right here. Yes: fix broken links is setup in Auto-Import but again maybe 3-5% of all these have had a "major" change. What is the Auto-Import picking up on?

dean70

« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2013, 04:57:34 pm »

I have recently aquired some audio tracks in aiff format and Imported via Auto Import. Every time I run a subsequent auto-import, it states the aif files have changed & re-imports them again.

Jong

« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2013, 04:38:00 am »

Some DVD Menus broken (inc. in subsequent betas) using ROHQ. Eg. On Young Adult (R2) there is a Paramount menu, after the initial Paramount logo vid, where you need to chose between English and Dutch. Instead of the menu a blank screen is shown until the left or right arrow key is pressed then, together with the selection changing from, presumably, English to Dutch the menu appears. It can then be used normally. Same with Ted (R2), but this time the menu is vertical and does not appear until the up/down arrow is pressed.
Just tested this with MPC-HC and latest LAV and MadVR (same as in ROHQ) and the menu works. Looks like the problem is some interaction of LAV and MC.

Jong

« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2013, 05:12:41 am »

Discussion thread for DVD menu issue: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=77533.0

ronenash

• Recent member
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2013, 11:00:57 pm »

MC18 still crashes after ripping multiple CD's. It is not consistent and I cannot reproduce it fully. It sometimes happens after 6 CD's and sometimes after 20 rips but eventually MC will crash.

geoptin

• World Citizen
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2013, 08:18:36 am »

When a video/movie is playing and you press spacebar to pause it, an annoying white window appears telling you what to do in order to stop it completely or resume. It is annoying because it appears exactly where the pointer is (it could be in the middle of the screen, for example) and it stays on too long, unless you move the pointer to make it disappear. Although I unchecked the option "show on screen instructions", it still appears on the screen.
Can something be done about it?
geoptin

eddyshere

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2013, 09:56:19 am »

Found the following but am unsure if it's due to the 112 version or to windows 8. I just made a quick test htpc based on windows 8. I use TMT 5 uMCE.player.exe for bdmv as external player. I just noticed that having installed pre 112 version I had no noticeable problems. But after upgrading to 112 when playing a bluray the external player launches but the theaterview keeps "flashing in". It's very strange you have the external player starting playback and all 2-3 seconds you have the  theaterview screen displaying very briefly. On my regular HTPC running windows 7 with the same hardware and after upgrade to 112 I'm unable to reproduce that.
Just wanted to let U know

HiFiTubes

« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2013, 10:52:16 am »

Browsing Tiles in File List and deleting files resets the view and scroll bar starts all the way at top.

I'm scrolling through photos from 2012 and having the scroll back down through 4,000 pictures after each deletion.

damndante

• Recent member
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2013, 12:05:20 pm »

Crashes doing Library sync.

Doing library sync, brings up dialog for username/password.  (so I know the server side exists and is reachable)
Downloads library, analyzes files, then crashes.

It has crashed for all versions of 18 I have tried.
Previously same setup with version 17 synced fine.

dean70

« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2013, 03:31:32 pm »

Found the following but am unsure if it's due to the 112 version or to windows 8. I just made a quick test htpc based on windows 8. I use TMT 5 uMCE.player.exe for bdmv as external player. I just noticed that having installed pre 112 version I had no noticeable problems. But after upgrading to 112 when playing a bluray the external player launches but the theaterview keeps "flashing in". It's very strange you have the external player starting playback and all 2-3 seconds you have the  theaterview screen displaying very briefly. On my regular HTPC running windows 7 with the same hardware and after upgrade to 112 I'm unable to reproduce that.
Just wanted to let U know

I have had this Theater View "bleed through" occur, by starting a track in theatre view, then switching to standard view. Anytime I clicked anywhere in the window, theatre view would overlay the screen. Was only able to get this to occur once though.

sdgrizdan

• Galactic Citizen
  • The body cannot live without the mind
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2013, 10:10:19 pm »

Facebook Image upload is broken. I get an error message: "Upload Failed" right after I click on the Facebook Upload feature link.
Pages: [1]   Go Up